As usual, PvP forum cries about holosmith...

Vagrant.7206

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14289/why-nobody-complains-on-holosmith

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14628/holosmith-buff

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14635/mmmmm-anet-lovs-them-sum-holosmiths-boi

Edit1: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14878/mirage-and-holosmith-damage-is-over-the-top

I don't get it. The holosmith buffs were mostly just fixing really wonky things about the new e-spec, making the new weapon finally worth using in PvE, and combo finishers/fields where they should have been the whole time.

But nope, cry nerf?

I find it a bit funny that it looks like two of the most vocal players for engi nerfs are playing vanilla builds. Should we start nerfing everything based on the performance of engineers vanilla static discharge builds? Lets start with gutting fresh air eles and condimesmers.

As much as i would like for all of the vanilla professions to all be equally viable to the elites that ship sailed at HOT.

I mean people have the right to claim that the launch holo is overtuned if they want, but this patch was not a massive buff to meta holo as some people would like to believe.

well, i can understand that the outrage is big. during placements u get matched with higher skilled players sometimes. i really dont wanna point out how many 1v2s or 1v3s i have won during my first 15 games.. even 1v2s vs sb + rev, sb + fb + thief... id be complaining aswell LUL

holo aren't OP compared to the top 4 other classes at the moment, the "buffs" that were made didn't do a single thing for Spvp, at least it didn't for me at all.

Warrior

Necro

Mesmer

Guardian

are the 4 top classes in Spvp right now, Warrior even after a HARD nerf are still really strong on the right hands and actually offer more sustain and equal mobility as a holo smith would.

Necro OUT dps/out sustain a holo smith in almost anyway possibl even after a "bug fix" on shades their "support" role has changed to a dps support(mainly focus on dps).

Mesmer are the biggest problem in rank at the moment, people just aren't seeing it yet because of a majority of the players in the Spvp fourms are in shit tier ranking, however Mesmer at the moment with their mobility,burst, and survive-ability has holosmith looking like straight ass for what they can offer and even do.

Guradians has become the Ele of last season where they can sustain an entire team while bunkering players around and still stacking burn on enemies.

noting for noting but a majority of the idiots that complain about holosmith just don't know how to play and hasn't played holo at all for them to understand how underwhelming they really are compared to some of the other classes, and i haven't even mention thief..... which can pretty much do the same shit a holo does but with more mobility.

the only thing HOLO has going for them IMO is the fact they are fun, great to play and their burst is Alright if an idiot can't see it coming then they are mainly going to die if they don't know how to dodge/recover from a combo just like any other class would.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> Half the people reading the notes think that the sword buffs = Photon Forge #1 auto chain, etc. 'omg holosmith gets big damage buff in PvP', makes me facepalm so hard.

> @Samug.6512 said:

> What funny is, Holo's only real damage increase was 10% on 3rd attack in forge autoattack chain. People who complain clearly didn't go through the changes.

Facepalm

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Floodi.5961 said:

> > and the dmg on dodge really has to be toned down, i do 8k dmg while dodgeing in elixir s :thinking:

>

> That's more than Reckless Dodge from a full zerker Warrior (Which I usually crit for about 5k)... Are those numbers for real?

well, reckless dodge has way higher base damage, not sure if it is the effect of 25 might or what.

It's the grandmaster explosives trait, Mine Trail, combined with the Holosmith grandmaster trait effect, Vent Exhaust. With Marauder and 25 might, hitting 3 mines and vent exhaust does like, 8k to a squishy. It's like mirage where you dump all the dodge roll options like optional vigor traits and energy sigils into one build.

Explosives is not the best PvP traitline but the build is functional, Zan seems like he loves it.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> It's the grandmaster explosives trait, Mine Trail, combined with the Holosmith grandmaster trait effect, Vent Exhaust. With Marauder and 25 might, hitting 3 mines and vent exhaust does like, 8k to a squishy. It's like mirage where you dump all the dodge roll options like optional vigor traits and energy sigils into one build.

>

> Explosives is not the best PvP traitline but the build is functional, Zan seems like he loves it.

Oh, so it's not 8k just in the vent exhaust damage, there are other things involved... That make sense.