Cantha!

• 1 month later...

Shing Jea with its monastery was such a nice area with an awesome landscape and design. then you went to Kaineng and faced the cold hard change to a overcrowded and overpopulated city with its problems like too few space to live, breathe, pollution and crime before you entered nature again. jade sea, echovald forrest. i want it back!

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > Given the beauty of Elona in GW2, I can only imagine how awesome Kaineng City and what used to be Echobald forest and jade sea, will look like

>

> Is everything still supposed to be jade/petrified or are things normal again?

I believe things have mostly returned to normal. We don't know how quickly the magic reversed though, so it's possible some parts are still petrified/jade. The priory still has large chunks of jade from the Jade Sea that are still solid, so perhaps the Canthans are able to keep parts of the sea solid to quarry the materials.

Given how there was some complaints that PoF was too human-centric, I can't imagine an expansion set in Cantha being much different in that regard.

Other than that, I would like to visit Cantha, Istan and Kourna (along with any other area from Gw1 that we have yet to see) some day.

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > Given the beauty of Elona in GW2, I can only imagine how awesome Kaineng City and what used to be Echobald forest and jade sea, will look like

>

> Is everything still supposed to be jade/petrified or are things normal again?

Since Shiro Tagachi's second defeat in 1072 AE, it is said that the forest had slowly become unpetrified and new plant-life could be found aswell the Jade Sea had been liquifying once more.

But who knows, we haven't heard from Cantha for so long but we all hope we'll visit it soon now that we finally have Elona once again. I can't wait to visit Cantha!! =)

[58 Pages of players yelling ANet to bring back Cantha](https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/The-Cantha-Thread-Merged "58 Pages of players yelling ANet to bring back Cantha"). Or in [archive](https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Cantha-Thread-Merged "archive"):

My post back then:

>

> Yes, I can go back to GW1: Factions. But it is deserted most of the time. Fort Aspenwood was beautiful and fun, from both sides. God, I miss these times. Got both my Kurzick and Luxon rank maxed from just this one mission. (Yes, crazy me) Too bad there is nothing like Aspenwood nowadays and impossible to get into there in GW1.

>

> I would love to wander around in the pretrified forest again. To see the vast plans of the jade see once more. To explore the endless city of Kaineng and see the peaceful Shin Jea island again.

>

> Any chance to see any of this back in GW2? Will it be solo-player friendly? Unlike the HoT expansion where you get one-shotted all the time when you as single roamer try to achieve something.

>

> Yeah, sure, let the (meowing) begin below. About how I suck at HoT or how it has been posted before. But I just like to give my honest opinion. Hoping the dev team does not forget about their beautiful legacy of GW:Factions.

>

> Missing this: [Youtube: Me playing Fort Aspenwood](

"Youtube: Me playing Fort Aspenwood")

> And this: [YouTube: Luxon Theme music](

"YouTube: Luxon Theme music")

>

> TuBWnPO.jpg

>

> Q4xTROK.jpg

>

> ujFd41B.jpg

>

> vyAwUmA.jpg

>

> XXaRJbJ.jpg

>

> RPXxPYG.jpg

>

> iUfBJ1G.jpg

I still hope to ever see what has become of it. I can imagine seeing my GW1 char defending Fort Aspenwood until the last day that the Kurzicks fell. Not by any Luxon forces in the end.

Yeah, I would like a big Cantha map with tons of building to jump between them. It could be more plataforming.

Also they could bring more masteries related with the exploration, like some walls climbing, rope balancing or ability to push/ pulls more objects (old Xunlai chests?).

However, I also think that other races should have their scope too. The Charr´s lands with more lore (and Charr´s customization and tribal armors, or more areas with new cultures of Asuras and Norn, as Elonian were for human, that would be great too).

I just think that Cantha is a must be point in a longer list.

> @TheQuickFox.3826 said:

> [58 Pages of players yelling ANet to bring back Cantha](https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/The-Cantha-Thread-Merged "58 Pages of players yelling ANet to bring back Cantha"). Or in [archive](https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Cantha-Thread-Merged "archive"):

>

> My post back then:

>

> >

> > Yes, I can go back to GW1: Factions. But it is deserted most of the time. Fort Aspenwood was beautiful and fun, from both sides. God, I miss these times. Got both my Kurzick and Luxon rank maxed from just this one mission. (Yes, crazy me) Too bad there is nothing like Aspenwood nowadays and impossible to get into there in GW1.

> >

> > I would love to wander around in the pretrified forest again. To see the vast plans of the jade see once more. To explore the endless city of Kaineng and see the peaceful Shin Jea island again.

> >

> > Any chance to see any of this back in GW2? Will it be solo-player friendly? Unlike the HoT expansion where you get one-shotted all the time when you as single roamer try to achieve something.

> >

> > Yeah, sure, let the (meowing) begin below. About how I suck at HoT or how it has been posted before. But I just like to give my honest opinion. Hoping the dev team does not forget about their beautiful legacy of GW:Factions.

> >

> > Missing this: [Youtube: Me playing Fort Aspenwood](

"Youtube: Me playing Fort Aspenwood")

> > And this: [YouTube: Luxon Theme music](

"YouTube: Luxon Theme music")

> >

> > TuBWnPO.jpg

> >

> > Q4xTROK.jpg

> >

> > ujFd41B.jpg

> >

> > vyAwUmA.jpg

> >

> > XXaRJbJ.jpg

> >

> > RPXxPYG.jpg

> >

> > iUfBJ1G.jpg

>

> I still hope to ever see what has become of it. I can imagine seeing my GW1 char defending Fort Aspenwood until the last day that the Kurzicks fell. Not by any Luxon forces in the end.

love those ritualist armors! I think after the dragons and the other enemies we'll fight on the way, we could see at least two xpacs here, but probably not for a pretty long time yet :(

Archived