Reached a goal: Every mission completed

A little over four years ago, I decided that I wanted to see all of the storyline missions that GW2 had to offer. Earlier today, I completed that goal of playing through all 309 missions.

In the early days, it was tough going, because I had to take 6 different characters all the way to the Tier 8 storyline missions. But, once those were done, it was simply a matter of buying enough character slots: 30. (It takes 6 characters per race to see the Tier 1 and 2 missions.) Oh, and I waited a week between characters so I could get a BL chest key from each.

**One thing amazed me through this:** there are remarkable story continuities scattered throughout core Tyria. Things that were missions turned into areas and events that either precede or follow the storyline missions. For example, the Centaur war in the middle of Queensdale is something all Human characters deal with in the very first event of the storyline. But, there are multiple camps of bandits, and you only see the connections to the storyline when you play through at least 3 paths per race/character. (For humans, they're Commoner, Noble, and Street Rat in Tier 1, and Unknown Parents, Dead Sister, and Missed Opportunity in Tier 2.)

The writers really did their homework. My hat's off to them. **Good job, folks!**

Good job. I've been saying this for a long time. The story played through only once only reveals part of the story. It's more like a web than a story, spreading out in all directions and intersecting in unexpected places. Like Professor Gor at the end of the story and his anti-dragon magic. There's so many connections, it's brilliant to play through it all.

> @Vayne.8563 said:

> Good job. I've been saying this for a long time. The story played through only once only reveals part of the story. It's more like a web than a story, spreading out in all directions and intersecting in unexpected places. Like Professor Gor at the end of the story and his anti-dragon magic. There's so many connections, it's brilliant to play through it all.

This is going to sound odd, but part of my reason for not exploring the story on more characters is that I like the sense that there is more going on than I know. To me it makes the world feel more alive if I know that it has existence beyond my own perception and experience.

Thanks, Ashen. But, I would call it more like bull-headedness.

Yes, Vayne, there really is a large web of stories, especially in the early tiers. Certainly tiers 1 & 2 overlap all over the place, but even tier 3 and 5 have a lot of cross-connections.

But, Ashen, I would say that there's still way over half of the zones that don't have a direct connection to the missions. So, even if you played through a lot, there's still a lot of mystery. I mean, gee whiz, where did Poobadoo come from? Or any of the guild bounties for that matter.

> @AstralDusk.1670 said:

> Yeah, lots of fun crossover links between the stories. I just went through my human thief's 'floating grizwhirl' storyline, and shortly afterward did my asura mesmer's, where her rival brags about her new grizwhirl invention.

> My eyes went wide on that one. Teyo, you fiend!

It's better than that, even. The human big bad guy is Caudecus, which is tied to Queensdale, a dungeon (with it's background story), the grizwhirl thing, and Living Story Season 3. And, there's a human who claims s/he bought it from a human-named inventor, but in the Asura storylineline, the real inventor shows up (as you found).

I'm going to play some of those 30 characters through more of the storyline. I'm betting there's a much larger connection between the 3 orders, plus the 5 monster races we have to help in tier 5. Most of the ones I've taken that far were a long time ago, but I want to see if I can put any more connections into place.