Reaper was never suppose to be a tank stop trying to be a tank >.<

ZDragon.3046

I do not think anyone wants to tank, there is just a fact that once you get into teamfight you are stuck in there so you need something to deal with it. Currently you can just forget about going close to scourge 1v1. Or wait not even visible range since he'll just gap close at top of you.

> @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > @intox.6347 said:

> > > @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > > Well i tried a Dm/Spite/Reaper build. I havent any problems with tanking stuff and i still do 12k crits. Sounds pretty brawlery to me.

> >

> > DM really ? Also try that elsewhere then caledon forest.

>

> Yes,the condi remove during shroud, increase toughness everytime i apply vuln or chill, reduce condi duration, and toughness convertet into power. More life force for mobs dying arround me and protection when leaving shroud.

> I ran through the maguuma jungle and had no issues at all. I am not using minions. I ran nearly full shout with astral armor.

Problem here: getting toughness for every condition you spill out doesnt work with 5he +7/14% more power from toughness. Dont know why doe

> @Ellisande.5218 said:

> Telling me that YOU THINK I shouldn't be a tank doesn't disprove my saying that I SHOULD be a tank if I want to be a tank.

>

> The last time I checked, I was the one who played my character on the game I paid for and not you.

Nobody said you can't play it as a tank, they said it's not _supposed_ to be a tank, as in, it was not designed to be a tank.

You can play however you want, grab a thief and fill it with tank stats for all anyone cares, but when you inevitably find that's incredibly ineffective at doing much of anything, don't go crying to the devs claiming they have to redesign the thief, contrary to how it was originally intended to be played, _just for you_.

Tanking is the intended playstyle of the base necromancer's deathshroud, the necromancers elite specs take away some of that tankiness in favor of other advantages like damage and AoE support. So if you want to tank, it's intended you go with base Necro. Now that doesn't actually happen, because deathshroud absolutely sucks beyond all sucking, and in general the base specs are unfathomably undertuned compared to the elite specs. But that is neither the fault of, nor even has anything to do with, the reaper or reapershroud fulfilling its original intended design of being DPS oriented.

> @intox.6347 said:

> > @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > Well i tried a Dm/Spite/Reaper build. I havent any problems with tanking stuff and i still do 12k crits. Sounds pretty brawlery to me.

>

> DM really ? Also try that elsewhere then caledon forest.

I did actually, using a DM Signet build I was able to rip everything apart near Maw in the Desolation where you have up to 10 Forge trying to take you down.

> @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > @intox.6347 said:

> > > Well i tried a Dm/Spite/Reaper build. I havent any problems with tanking stuff and i still do 12k crits. Sounds pretty brawlery to me.

> >

>

> Yes,the condi remove during shroud, increase toughness everytime i apply vuln or chill, reduce condi duration, and toughness convertet into power. More life force for mobs dying arround me and protection when leaving shroud.

> I ran through the maguuma jungle and had no issues at all. I am not using minions. I ran nearly full shout with astral armor.

Worth a shot, I've been trying to guess what Boots Reaper build is that he mentioned in the Woodenpotatoes Balance video but it involved Signets with trait and DM.

> @Nimon.7840 said:

> > @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > > @intox.6347 said:

> > > > @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > > > Well i tried a Dm/Spite/Reaper build. I havent any problems with tanking stuff and i still do 12k crits. Sounds pretty brawlery to me.

> > >

> > > DM really ? Also try that elsewhere then caledon forest.

> >

> > Yes,the condi remove during shroud, increase toughness everytime i apply vuln or chill, reduce condi duration, and toughness convertet into power. More life force for mobs dying arround me and protection when leaving shroud.

> > I ran through the maguuma jungle and had no issues at all. I am not using minions. I ran nearly full shout with astral armor.

>

> Problem here: getting toughness for every condition you spill out doesnt work with 5he +7/14% more power from toughness. Dont know why doe

Yeah i noticed it, but it still makes you harder to kill (it also could be a tooltip failure but i have honestly no clue) . I ran half cavalier half assasins with berserker weapons. Reaper runes apply more chill and thus vuln. I get a lot of power through might and 100% crit on a 25 stack vuln target. Of course there are better builds that outdmg this one but its still a decent mix between survival and hitting hard.

> @Nimon.7840 said:

> Problem here: getting toughness for every condition you spill out doesnt work with 5he +7/14% more power from toughness. Dont know why doe

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2879/game-release-notes-september-22-2017#latest

> Fixed a bug in which stat conversion traits were converting temporary stat increases from buffs, traits, and boons.

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> > @Nimon.7840 said:

> > Problem here: getting toughness for every condition you spill out doesnt work with 5he +7/14% more power from toughness. Dont know why doe

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2879/game-release-notes-september-22-2017#latest

> > Fixed a bug in which stat conversion traits were converting temporary stat increases from buffs, traits, and boons.

>

ye, a couple of traits did convert temporary stats and other traits didnt. now they are all alike, they dont convert temporary stats. (have to check stacking sigils tho)

> @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > @intox.6347 said:

> >

>

But thats only tradeoff variant, i try that before, and for me it was not like better option then soul reaping, just another variant....

Soul reaping gives you +10% life force from skills, 2 vuln on shroud AA , on 50% hp spectral armor (50sec cd), +180 vit (so more life force) 20% recharge on shroud, +15% life force pool, and +50% crit chance in shroud (so you are on 100% all the time) So you dont need decimate defences in reaper and take one of life force generators ( chilling victory or soul eater)

So i dont feel like picking DM over SR is win win scenario...

> @intox.6347 said:

> > @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > > @intox.6347 said:

> > > > @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > > > Well i tried a Dm/Spite/Reaper build. I havent any problems with tanking stuff and i still do 12k crits. Sounds pretty brawlery to me.

> > >

> > > DM really ? Also try that elsewhere then caledon forest.

> >

> > Yes,the condi remove during shroud, increase toughness everytime i apply vuln or chill, reduce condi duration, and toughness convertet into power. More life force for mobs dying arround me and protection when leaving shroud.

> > I ran through the maguuma jungle and had no issues at all. I am not using minions. I ran nearly full shout with astral armor.

>

> But thats only tradeoff variant, i try that before, and for me it was not like better option then soul reaping, just another variant....

> Soul reaping gives you +10% life force from skills, 2 vuln on shroud AA , on 50% hp spectral armor (50sec cd), +180 vit (so more life force) 20% recharge on shroud, +15% life force pool, and +50% crit chance in shroud (so you are on 100% all the time) So you dont need decimate defences in reaper and take one of life force generators ( chilling victory or soul eater)

>

> So i dont feel like picking DM over SR is win win scenario...

>

Dm allows to spec into some toughness without losing much dmg. With SR you are about 1k higher DPS (tested with same rotation on golem with reasonable buffs) but as a full zerker with chilling victory and the bonus 50% from SR. In a group scenario DM is definetly worth a try. Pure solo it is inferior due to less might stacking and shroud uptime thats true, but its still a decent choice.