Disable Path of Corruption now

Chaith.8256

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > Lol, watching Arken's stream and he's testing Path of Corruption with Nefarious Favor, it's corrupting 4 boons base with NO shade even.

> >

> > GG Ranked season

>

> Ooo, in competitive games like LoL bugged champions are often disabled until fixed. So, Quaggan agrees, fooo.

Riot also usually fixes major bugs like this within a few hours, as opposed to a few months for A-Net.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @mikelion.5697 said:

> Play Reaper or Scourge and you win pvp game.

you are 100% right

I was playing mainly thief but yesterday was to much angry on more loses than wins so created scourge and I even didnt know which skill is doing what..just spamming everything p[ossible to place many aoe as I just can and its to efficient without brain and without any knowledge about skill how these are working

![](https://i.imgur.com/aHnP90O.jpg "")

this was my 1st time playing scourge and almost nonstop wins while on thief its much harder and you need to know hat you do and what dont do and had can say 50 - 50 win/loses but in last days had a bit more loses while on scourge as I wrote...just look on screen lol, such pathetic

There is a lot dense people in this thread.

Path of Corruption is 100% bugged with Scourge. Corrupting 4 boons is not intended functionality no matter how much mental gymnastics you do. Moreover corrupting 4 boons is a busted amount of power and needs to be immediately fixed.

This not some arcane trick with procs

This is not ignorance of how scourge works

This is a bug, it has been tested and confirmed.

There is no defending this.

Signed,

A concerned Necro player.

> @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> What the is the issue chaith? The spellbreaker skill winds of disenchantment hits 10 targets, last 10 seconds, that means it can corrupt 100 boons.

> And your panties are in a bunch over 4?

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winds_of_Disenchantment

Remove =/= corrupt, and it's an elite that can easily be avoided. Plus, you know, 90 second cooldown versus like 6 second cooldown.

> @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> What the is the issue chaith? The spellbreaker skill winds of disenchantment hits 10 targets, last 10 seconds, that means it can corrupt 100 boons.

Winds does not have a 8 second cooldown. Also Winds really isn't much of a issue in sPvP due to how the mode works. In WvW it's insane but this isn't the WvW forum.

> @huehuehueh.5106 said:

You best be trolling right? What is the issue? No issue at all Mr. Scourge, I'm sure it's just a new feature for the Scourge profession. /sarc

Mad that this bug is getting called out? Lul, what's this, it's fine because winds of Disenchantment removes 100 boons!

Ok let's play with that, let's assume there is even more than 5 targets in PvP, we'll go with what you said, Winds of Disenchantment removes 100. If you wanna assume max potential targets hit and a time period of 91s, currently bugged nefarious favor removes 280 enemy boons, applies 280 conditions, removes 140 conditions from allies, and grants 140 boons to allies. Makes "100 boons removed" inside the dome seem not so bad.

What's the issue :trollface:

> @huehuehueh.5106 said:

nope u thinking wrong, he can only corrupt 100 boons when he have it in the Trait, but the Most of Spellbreakers Play 222 in the Trait, also can only rip 10 boons with F2 12 and with dagger F1 13.

on scourge i see not the boon corrupts as a problem, the problem is here that he can spam many of conditions, the condition issue its more as a christmas tree

But it seems like that the Game is now Necro Wars, Play Nec or die.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> > @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> > What the is the issue chaith? The spellbreaker skill winds of disenchantment hits 10 targets, last 10 seconds, that means it can corrupt 100 boons.

> > And your panties are in a bunch over 4?

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winds_of_Disenchantment

>

> You best be trolling right? What is the issue? No issue at all Mr. Scourge, I'm sure it's just a new feature for the Scourge profession. /sarc

>

> Mad that this bug is getting called out? Lul, what's this, it's fine because winds of Disenchantment removes 100 boons!

>

> Ok let's play with that, let's assume there is even more than 5 targets in PvP, we'll go with what you said, Winds of Disenchantment removes 100. If you wanna assume max potential targets hit and a time period of 91s, currently bugged nefarious favor removes 280 enemy boons, applies 280 conditions, removes 140 conditions from allies, and grants 140 boons to allies. Makes "100 boons removed" inside the dome seem not so bad.

>

> What's the issue :trollface:

Whoops my math was off, the interval is 1/2 second so that means 200 boons! Not only that but it destroys projectiles and when traited with Loss aversion it does 166 UNBLOCKABLE damage and gives 2 adrenaline with NO INTERNAL COOLDOWN, if we do the math on that it turns out to be 33,200 UNBLOCKABLE damage!, 400 adrenaline!, and to boot it blocks all projectiles fired from the outside of the bubble to the inside, to me it is looking fairly comparable right now.

That 166 damage is with demolisher amulet, it goes to 178 with berserker amulet so the numbers can change drastically.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Loss_Aversion

> @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> > > What the is the issue chaith? The spellbreaker skill winds of disenchantment hits 10 targets, last 10 seconds, that means it can corrupt 100 boons.

> > > And your panties are in a bunch over 4?

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winds_of_Disenchantment

> >

> > You best be trolling right? What is the issue? No issue at all Mr. Scourge, I'm sure it's just a new feature for the Scourge profession. /sarc

> >

> > Mad that this bug is getting called out? Lul, what's this, it's fine because winds of Disenchantment removes 100 boons!

> >

> > Ok let's play with that, let's assume there is even more than 5 targets in PvP, we'll go with what you said, Winds of Disenchantment removes 100. If you wanna assume max potential targets hit and a time period of 91s, currently bugged nefarious favor removes 280 enemy boons, applies 280 conditions, removes 140 conditions from allies, and grants 140 boons to allies. Makes "100 boons removed" inside the dome seem not so bad.

> >

> > What's the issue :trollface:

>

> Whoops my math was off, the interval is 1/2 second so that means 200 boons! Not only that but it destroys projectiles and when traited with Loss aversion it does 166 UNBLOCKABLE damage and gives 2 adrenaline with NO INTERNAL COOLDOWN, if we do the math on that it turns out to be 33,200 UNBLOCKABLE damage!, 400 adrenaline!, and to boot it blocks all projectiles fired from the outside of the bubble to the inside, to me it is looking fairly comparable right now.

> That 166 damage is with demolisher amulet.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Loss_Aversion

man you are so right, better disable Nefarious Favor and Wind of enchantment, thanks anet

> @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > What the is the issue chaith? The spellbreaker skill winds of disenchantment hits 10 targets, last 10 seconds, that means it can corrupt 100 boons.

> >

> > You best be trolling right? What is the issue? No issue at all Mr. Scourge, I'm sure it's just a new feature for the Scourge profession. /sarc

> >

> > Mad that this bug is getting called out? Lul, what's this, it's fine because winds of Disenchantment removes 100 boons!

> >

> > Ok let's play with that, let's assume there is even more than 5 targets in PvP, we'll go with what you said, Winds of Disenchantment removes 100. If you wanna assume max potential targets hit and a time period of 91s, currently bugged nefarious favor removes 280 enemy boons, applies 280 conditions, removes 140 conditions from allies, and grants 140 boons to allies. Makes "100 boons removed" inside the dome seem not so bad.

> >

>

> Whoops my math was off, the interval is 1/2 second so that means 200 boons! Not only that but it destroys projectiles and when traited with Loss aversion it does 166 UNBLOCKABLE damage and gives 2 adrenaline with NO INTERNAL COOLDOWN, if we do the math on that it turns out to be 33,200 UNBLOCKABLE damage!, 400 adrenaline!, and to boot it blocks all projectiles fired from the outside of the bubble to the inside, to me it is looking fairly comparable right now.

> That 166 damage is with demolisher amulet, it goes to 178 with berserker amulet so the numbers can change drastically.

So? Wait until it runs out. Engage warrior then, knowing that they won't be using that skill again for more than a minute. Besides, you still haven't acknowledged that boon **corrupt** is worse than boon **rip**, especially if the profession doing the corrupting does most of its damage through conditions in the first place. I also love how you assume that the warrior will take loss aversion over slow counter, and how they somehow receive ten boons every half second.

Path of corruption can realistically hit someone with four boons every eight seconds in a drawn-out fight. Winds of disenchantment will not hit five people at once, and the people that it does hit will not be receiving twenty boons every second. Plus, again, there will be fights in which winds of disenchantment is on cooldown for the entire thing; the same cannot be said for path of corruption.

> @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> That 166 damage is with demolisher amulet, it goes to 178 with berserker amulet so the numbers can change drastically.

I entertained your apples to oranges comparison for a while, but let's be real, you'll never prove that corrupting 4 conditions on up to 5 targets every 6.5 seconds is fine.

Winds of Disenchantment in practice strips max 4-7 boons per target on a 90s cooldown before they roll out. I doubt you could lose 20 boons if you tried. You'd have to get hit by it, lose 10 boons, go out, put 10 boons up, and go back in. Seems as you forgot boon application is blocked inside as well as on a .5 interval before (I wasn't gonna say anything.)

Even in your hypothetical situation removing 200 boons is not really comparable to removing 280 boons, applying 280 conditions to enemies, and removing 140 conditions , applying 140 boons to allies..

Anyways, this whole discussion you brought up is pretty irrelevant, bugged nefarious favor =/= winds of disenchantment.

Are people seriously trying to say that 4 boon corrupt in AoE every 6 seconds is fine? Is this forum even real? Curses Scourge is already S tier meta without 4 boon corrupt. It needs to be fixed and they should not wait for the end of season to do it either.

And who cares about winds. Yeah winds is busted op, *in WvW* but we are not talking about WvW

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> Are people seriously trying to say that 4 boon corrupt in AoE every 6 seconds is fine? Is this forum even real? Curses Scourge is already S tier meta without 4 boon corrupt. It needs to be fixed and they should not wait for the end of season to do it either.

>

> And who cares about winds. Yeah winds is busted op, *in WvW* but we are not talking about WvW

You are correct, but don't worry the devs are doing everything they can to nerf reaper into the ground to compensate for the scourge bugs.

> @hurrado.2346 said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > Are people seriously trying to say that 4 boon corrupt in AoE every 6 seconds is fine? Is this forum even real? Curses Scourge is already S tier meta without 4 boon corrupt. It needs to be fixed and they should not wait for the end of season to do it either.

> >

> > And who cares about winds. Yeah winds is busted op, *in WvW* but we are not talking about WvW

>

> You are correct, but don't worry the devs are doing everything they can to nerf reaper into the ground to compensate for the scourge bugs.

Oh come off it, Tuesday's patch was a step in the right direction for reaper. Bronzies just need to learn that perma camping shroud is not how you play the class.

> @Hex.2579 said:

> are you sure he's not using anything else besides nefarious favor?

> only 2 boons corrupted from nefarious favor, not 4, afaik. the scourge acts as a shade themselves, without the need of another shade surrounded.

> but if they have enfeebling blood traited (highly doubt since parasitic contagion is too good to pass), and shroud activated, that'll be 3 boons base without questioning. any other utilities including the healing utility, sand flare, would add another boon corrupted.

> if nothing like that, it's too far from number 4, so gg. lol

I'm the one who tested and reported it on the bugs forums. I tested literally with only Path of Corruption traited and I also tested with only the shade, no shade, and both me and shade on the range of the target. 4 boons are being corrupted with the trait regardless if it's through the shade, the necro or both, and 0 boons are corrupted without Path of Corruption (Which is ok since Nefarios Favor don't corrupt boons per default). Also, Path of Corruption is working fine with Death's Charge and Dark Pact, which mean that the bizarre interaction is only with Scourge.

If you ask me, I think Nefarious Favor should be disabled instead of Path of Corruption until this issue is fixed. The broken interaction is happening with that skill and not in the trait (Otherwise Dark Pact and Death's Charge would also be corrupting 4 boons).

Also, here is the link to the thread in the bug forums: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15327/bug-nefarious-favor-corrupting-more-boons-than-intended-with-path-of-corruption

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> Oh come off it, Tuesday's patch was a step in the right direction for reaper. Bronzies just need to learn that perma camping shroud is not how you play the class.

You can't be serious. The speed of shadows nerf severely damaged any shroud flashing build, reapers have laughable defense and are not nearly as useful as scourge in pvp. But I digress... This post is about removing the bug on scourge which I agree with.