[Suggestion] Dungeons are dead - idea for reviving dungeons again.

yukhe.6452

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > We need NEW difficult dungeons. Not rehashing 5y old crap that we were all playing in 2012 while leveling up our mains............................

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I will never understand why they're so stubbord on adding new dungeons. Ruins the whole pve aspect of the game for me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dungeons are clearly expensive to develop, you can see this in every mmorpg. GW2 however has a huge backlog of dungeons that could be refreshed because that have not been destroyed by power creep that you see in other games.

> > > > >

> > > > > i don't see why a dungeon is expensive to develope. The last gw1 expansion had like 6+ dungeons... Not to mention that i'm paying money for the new expansions so am i supposed to pay $55CAD for a new expansion and accept receiving not a single dungeon because its too expensive to develope the most repeatable pve content in every mmo? I don't think so.

> > > > >

> > > > > If they rehash old dungeons, that would be just that, rehashing. I want new, challenging fresh dungeons, not what i played to death 5y ago.

> > > >

> > > > So why do you think they dont make dungeons if they are so easy to make?

> > >

> > > PR. Dungeons have bad reputation in GW2 so instead of using this model they just develop fractals and raids. It's mostly the same but they most likely won't to avoid bad vibes if they continued with dungeon model.

> >

> > Yoy dont design based on vibes, you design based on cost v benefit where benefit is driven by customer approval and demand. Either the demand is low or the cost is high.

>

> They already have the tech to make new dugeons. But instead they made it into raids because of bad dungeon PR.

ah what tech is that? You know that raids are basically big dungeons and they have taken an age to develop dont you?

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > > We need NEW difficult dungeons. Not rehashing 5y old crap that we were all playing in 2012 while leveling up our mains............................

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I will never understand why they're so stubbord on adding new dungeons. Ruins the whole pve aspect of the game for me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dungeons are clearly expensive to develop, you can see this in every mmorpg. GW2 however has a huge backlog of dungeons that could be refreshed because that have not been destroyed by power creep that you see in other games.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i don't see why a dungeon is expensive to develope. The last gw1 expansion had like 6+ dungeons... Not to mention that i'm paying money for the new expansions so am i supposed to pay $55CAD for a new expansion and accept receiving not a single dungeon because its too expensive to develope the most repeatable pve content in every mmo? I don't think so.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If they rehash old dungeons, that would be just that, rehashing. I want new, challenging fresh dungeons, not what i played to death 5y ago.

> > > > >

> > > > > So why do you think they dont make dungeons if they are so easy to make?

> > > >

> > > > PR. Dungeons have bad reputation in GW2 so instead of using this model they just develop fractals and raids. It's mostly the same but they most likely won't to avoid bad vibes if they continued with dungeon model.

> > >

> > > Yoy dont design based on vibes, you design based on cost v benefit where benefit is driven by customer approval and demand. Either the demand is low or the cost is high.

> >

> > They already have the tech to make new dugeons. But instead they made it into raids because of bad dungeon PR.

>

> ah what tech is that? You know that raids are basically big dungeons and they have taken an age to develop dont you?

do they? They took "ages" to release but you have no idea how long developement process took.

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > We need NEW difficult dungeons. Not rehashing 5y old crap that we were all playing in 2012 while leveling up our mains............................

> > > >

> > > > I will never understand why they're so stubbord on adding new dungeons. Ruins the whole pve aspect of the game for me.

> > >

> > > Dungeons are clearly expensive to develop, you can see this in every mmorpg. GW2 however has a huge backlog of dungeons that could be refreshed because that have not been destroyed by power creep that you see in other games.

> >

> > i don't see why a dungeon is expensive to develope. The last gw1 expansion had like 6+ dungeons... Not to mention that i'm paying money for the new expansions so am i supposed to pay $55CAD for a new expansion and accept receiving not a single dungeon because its too expensive to develope the most repeatable pve content in every mmo? I don't think so.

> >

> > If they rehash old dungeons, that would be just that, rehashing. I want new, challenging fresh dungeons, not what i played to death 5y ago.

>

> So why do you think they dont make dungeons if they are so easy to make?

Because they prefer creating shallow open world content that can be accessed by every single casual playing this game instead of creating content for those who want/prefer challenging content. That is pretty damn obvious for quite a while. Took em years to implement raids because its not accessible by casuals, the main incom of gw2. Now that we have those crappy n outdated fractals, each time someone mentions the need of new dungeons, all you hear is "this game has fractals, it doesn't need dungeons". That's a bad mindset... it could've been applied to people asking for raids as well, but anet still added raids. Why? Because raids, dungeons and fractals are all different things.

They need about 8-16 new dungeons, with 2 more every quarter.

**They should be designed around the idea that you will bring a healer and a tank build - just like raids. But on a little less difficulty.**

- This is the critical failure of current dungeons. Lack of any roles means they can all be glitched on almost every single fight... That got boring really fast. GW2 realized it needed a 'trinity' when it added raids... it just has to "get over itself" and port that trinity back to other forms of content to make them viable as well.

Rewards...

- New custom skins

- Black lion key every 8 dungeon runs.

- Dungeon token - exchangeable for any other tokens / currencies in the game at "appropriate rates" (ie: they'd figure out, it's worth X fractal relics, but Y Holloween Candies, and Z Super Adventure tokens). This would make dungeons good for "farming" for anything, simplifying how complex its other rewards would need to be. They could just adjust it's exchange rate in other things as needed.

- Dungeon token would be 3 per boss plus 80 on completion. So on average 89 per dungeon... so... 142 of them for 1g. Instead of dungeons giving 5g every 8 runs... they'd give these tokens... and you could choose gold instead of using them for other things (I think this should be tweaked a bit to make it come to 100 tokens = 1g, and so change how many tokens dungeons reward as well).

Rewarding a black lion key every 8 dungeons would get people used to using black lion keys, but at a small rate. This is the "Overwatch model of cash-shop encouragement" - it works extremely well over there. Every so often you get a free loot box... and then people start liking what they're getting out of the boxes... but want more of them... so they go buy them.

They have abandoned dungeon for raid.

A very easy way to revive dungeon is to add "Hell" difficulty and with correct rewards, it will become additional end-game content. Then, the final reward will require specific basic dungeon items which require you to kill certain things or buy certain things..

Anyway, it is abandoned.

I would love to see a few new dungeons, one in HOT area with a jungle theme, and one in POF area with a desert theme. Just one per expansion isnt too much to ask right? Also a rework of the current ones would be nice. maybe add some better loot/armor/weps/stat combos that could be acquired? Or as an alternative to raids, give the same reward type but at 1/2 the amount.

I think fractals are fine but I really have a huge problem with them; despite being a rather resourceful and dedicated player with most classes running full ascended gear and about 6-7 legendary items the fact that I have to get all new ascended gear be cause the new elite spec is so different (i.e. yesterday I just swapped my full berserker gear to sinister to play my firebrand - losing runes) and build up new AR is so annoying. I run reaper which has full AR to max fractals. Then I want to be scourge and either I respec, take out all my AR and use them in new armor. It's soooo annoying. The progression for fractals should be account wide and without all those AR mumbo jumbo in single armor parts.

Oh and besides that: I don't know how OP defines 'dead' in his title. But they are run by a lot of players still. You can run most dungeons somehow using LFG.

> @ProtoGunner.4953 said:

> Compared to most competitors the output of group content in GW2 is ridiculously low. In fact there was not a single group content in the PoF expansion which was advertised as 'content filled expansion'. Er... What!?!?!

Question: aren't big meta events Group Content?

And second question: how many meta events and group world events do all those other games with dungeons get?

Does anyone remember when they said they were going to change the mechanics of all the dungeon bosses? and ascalon was the first and last? that was in 2013 ...

ah, since they're dead, why do not you unlock explorer mode for the entire account? I made all the dungeons in history difficulty many years ago (2012) and I never made them with my other characters.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @ProtoGunner.4953 said:

> > Compared to most competitors the output of group content in GW2 is ridiculously low. In fact there was not a single group content in the PoF expansion which was advertised as 'content filled expansion'. Er... What!?!?!

>

> Question: aren't big meta events Group Content?

> And second question: how many meta events and group world events do all those other games with dungeons get?

A valid question. What is 'content'? For me it's not just landmass, but also meaningful (not Zerg-like) organized content like 5-man dungeons and 10-man raids. For me dungeons were always an integral part of an MMO. It is the core of gameplay and where you can show on a basic level what your class can do. Granted it is my opinion. The paradigm changed over the years as many other MMOs now offer 'meaningful' open world content. But that said: most other MMOs I played still release dungeons on a regular basis and it's a shame we don't see any in GW2. Hell, there was not a single new fractal during PoF release. In my opinion this is really below average content output.