"PoF is all about content!" is it?

NotASmurf.1725

> @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > @Ardid.7203 said:

> > So, how much more content offers PoF when compared to HoT? Mounts? Do they count as "content"?

>

> Things like maps and dungeons are content, mounts and waypoints are services, so no.

Considering there is content directly linked to the utilization of mounts (races and adventures), as well as content used to introduce and expand your stable of mounts, I'd count it as content. An argument could be made that you don't need to use the mounts to complete races and such but who would be reaching further for their argument? Me saying mounts+races is content or someone else saying you don't need mounts for races so not content?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > @Ardid.7203 said:

> > > So, how much more content offers PoF when compared to HoT? Mounts? Do they count as "content"?

> >

> > Things like maps and dungeons are content, mounts and waypoints are services, so no.

>

> Considering there is content directly linked to the utilization of mounts (races and adventures), as well as content used to introduce and expand your stable of mounts, I'd count it as content. An argument could be made that you don't need to use the mounts to complete races and such but who would be reaching further for their argument? Me saying mounts+races is content or someone else saying you don't need mounts for races so not content?

Races are content, but if the mount is still just the tool for doing said content.

Would you say your keyboard is content as it enables you to play the game?

> @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > > @Ardid.7203 said:

> > > > So, how much more content offers PoF when compared to HoT? Mounts? Do they count as "content"?

> > >

> > > Things like maps and dungeons are content, mounts and waypoints are services, so no.

> >

> > Considering there is content directly linked to the utilization of mounts (races and adventures), as well as content used to introduce and expand your stable of mounts, I'd count it as content. An argument could be made that you don't need to use the mounts to complete races and such but who would be reaching further for their argument? Me saying mounts+races is content or someone else saying you don't need mounts for races so not content?

>

> Races are content, but if the mount is still just the tool for doing said content.

>

> Would you say your keyboard is content as it enables you to play the game?

That's a horrible analogy, primarily because they are completely different subject matters and your weak attempt to label what is obviously a part of the game as a peripheral to the game. Mounts aren't a controller, they are as much a mode of play as PvP is a mode of engaging other players in direct combat which is impossible to do in PvE.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > It's all about content as long as you don't care about fractals, dungeons, raids, guild missions, sPvP, WvW.. and don't give me the "they just aren't part of the release schedule!" excuse - fact remains they don't have anything to show for the expansion in those areas.

> >

> > Sure we get new features like mounts but how is this any different to HoT? At least HoT had Stronghold for PvP, new border for WvW, and raids shortly after release. There might not even be new masteries outside of mounts. How is this expansion not smaller than the previous?

>

> If you're not willing to pay attention to the actual plans for the game, then I'm not sure what anyone can say to make you feel better. The expansion was never, ever intended to include content for fractals, raids, sPvP, or WvW. The teams working on them release that content _for no cost_ as it becomes ready. Don't expect any new stuff for dungeons or g-mish, because there aren't any teams actively working on them.

>

> While it's traditional for MMOs to release instanced and realm content as part of expansions, ANet has chosen to release them at their own pace. Accept it or not, it doesn't change that all the PoF content that was announced was released at its launch. Anything else is planned for later, separate from the expansion.

Where can we find these plans and what was intended?

> @blambidy.3216 said:

> > @witcher.3197 said:

> > > @blambidy.3216 said:

> > > The story had more content then hot. Not as many chapters but getting mounts took longer time then gliding. The maps are bigger. At the moment comparing expansion content, hot is more content. But later on POF will have equal, or more content. living world season 4 is POF content that hasn't been finished yet, which I think is the beginning of the content that we need. Which applies to raids. I bet as soon as the new living story is out, new raids will also be out. Which applies to more maps. I also think the possibility of fractals will be added. Now what living story season 4 all content arenanet will give idk.

> > >

> > > I do know arenanet will add.

> > >

> > > New legendaries.

> > > Raids.

> > > Story.

> > > Maps.

> > > Skins.

> > > Achievements.

> > > Mastery points.

> > > New dyes.

> > >

> > >

> > > Those I know for sure will be added but could be more.

> > >

> > > Maybe these will happen.

> > >

> > > Fractals and, or dungeons, fractals have a more high possibility though.

> > > A new mount.

> > > Living world season 4 masteries. which type of masteries idk, But a possibility of lvs4 map masteries.

> > > As far as I think. Arenanet talked about leg trinket. This could be the time to add them.

> > > If arenanet are adding new legendary trinkets, Possibility of jewels to go to 500.

> > >

> > > Things that could be added but in the back burner and not as much new features.

> > >

> > > Wvw since arenanet added gliding. Possibility of mounts in wvw. Which could lead to a bigger map.

> > > PvP balance.

> > > Maybe PvP new features but doubt it. The only thing I think is maybe a new map or new added way to play a PvP match.

> > > New metas with the new living world maps?

> > >

> > > These I think make the content equal however, I don't know what exactly arenanet will also add. But I think once living world season 4 starts we will really tell if POF is a content expansion. The list I made I think that will make expansions equal in content. But like I said arenanet can always add something they planned that we don't know about. There are more things arenanet could add but those are most likely will be done. Also living world season 4 should be in a couple months, ether end of November, Or end of December. Like I said should, but latest will be January for living world to start. Which will add much more content.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Cool. Are these things in the expansion, yes or no? No.

> >

> > I'd expect expansions to be highly replayable and living story to patch the gap between expansions. But PoF is glorified living story with a couple of extra features. PoF had my attention for 1 week. Living story chapters every 3 months have it for what, 2 days? At best.

> >

> > Their model is a failure if they wish to keep an active and diverse playerbase.

>

> The thing is... They will be. As far as replayable I doubt u did all classes to full POF elite specials. And finished POF with 9 diff classes. And doubt that you have all the new weapon skins you can unlock in POF. Did you get the griffon yet? Did you finish all map exploration? How bout getting all the masteries? How about finish the masteries with all mounts?

>

> The thing is yes it's not there. Soon it will be. However I doubt that most people fully finished all POF maps and got all POF achievements and masteries. Yet people want to say there isn't as much content when no one is finished?

>

> However there's still raids if you haven't finished. There's still fractals if you haven't finished the last one. There's still getting legendary gear which you can only unlock doing raids.

>

> Unless you fully did these then you can say where's the content. But being impatient when you haven't finished what you have to do is unnecessary. People act like there's nothing to do when there's so much to do while waiting.

multi classing is not content

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > @SkyShroud.2865 said:

> > > > > > I got this feeling gw2 has too much content, can it still be considered casual with this much contents?

> > > > >

> > > > > When 90% of the content consists of running brainlessly in the open world, and auto attack mobs until your bags are full of Junk, yes, Absolutely.

> > > >

> > > > That's the best content. Good open world events can be a signature for this game, opposed to rest of the market fixated on instances.

> > >

> > > Instanced zones have high replayability, challenge and lots of things to go for (skins etc). When you're doing anything in the open world, the only thing you get is trash you salvage or vendor. Never ever do you get anything worthwhile, not to mention how easy and boring it is. I would take any of the gw1 elite dungeons over every single open world zone of GW2. If i want to simply explore the open world, i play a game like TW3, the souls games or whatever has great open world exploration. In an mmo, open world content means; poor reward because its easily accessible, time gating, incredibly easy, salvage worthy rewards and mostly spamming autos while watching a youtube video. That's not gameplay for me personally.

> >

> > As mentioned in previous post, I have no problem with your personal tastes but for this game to be unique it has to focus on something different than another cliche instance content. Open World in gw2 has a lot of potential to grow bigger audience, even in expense of raiding minority. Problems is they are focusing on too many things at once. If they went full Open World + WvW it would be much better idea than keeping unsitisfied minorities entertained.

>

> A proper mmo is supposed to offer everything because all kind of people play em. People complained about not having raids for years because there's a crowd that is into them (which is normal and expected, its an mmo after all). I want dungeons. Its what i enjoy the most in pve, and anet doesn't deliver one bit in that department.

>

> My perfect GW2 would be focusing on WvW and instanced dungeons/elite dungeons, a 50/50 split. Sadly, i only get the 50% of what i'd like to play.

There should be a limit. Feature bloat is a thing. And where is that bravado about "Just because WoW is doing it, doesn't mean every MMO has to copy" or some such.

So I'm an anime fan. I think the need to add anime styles to the game. Would that be acceptable?

> @blambidy.3216 said:

> The story had more content then hot. Not as many chapters but getting mounts took longer time then gliding. The maps are bigger. At the moment comparing expansion content, hot is more content. But later on POF will have equal, or more content. living world season 4 is POF content that hasn't been finished yet, which I think is the beginning of the content that we need. Which applies to raids. I bet as soon as the new living story is out, new raids will also be out. Which applies to more maps. I also think the possibility of fractals will be added. Now what living story season 4 all content arenanet will give idk.

>

> I do know arenanet will add.

>

> New legendaries.

> Raids.

> Story.

> Maps.

> Skins.

> Achievements.

> Mastery points.

> New dyes.

>

>

> Those I know for sure will be added but could be more.

>

> Maybe these will happen.

>

> Fractals and, or dungeons, fractals have a more high possibility though.

> A new mount.

> Living world season 4 masteries. which type of masteries idk, But a possibility of lvs4 map masteries.

> As far as I think. Arenanet talked about leg trinket. This could be the time to add them.

> If arenanet are adding new legendary trinkets, Possibility of jewels to go to 500.

>

> Things that could be added but in the back burner and not as much new features.

>

> Wvw since arenanet added gliding. Possibility of mounts in wvw. Which could lead to a bigger map.

> PvP balance.

> Maybe PvP new features but doubt it. The only thing I think is maybe a new map or new added way to play a PvP match.

> New metas with the new living world maps?

>

> These I think make the content equal however, I don't know what exactly arenanet will also add. But I think once living world season 4 starts we will really tell if POF is a content expansion. The list I made I think that will make expansions equal in content. But like I said arenanet can always add something they planned that we don't know about. There are more things arenanet could add but those are most likely will be done. Also living world season 4 should be in a couple months, ether end of November, Or end of December. Like I said should, but latest will be January for living world to start. Which will add much more content.

>

>

>

>

Crystal Desert is the same size as Maguuma and the gliders are not the only movement mastery in HoT.

> @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > > @Ardid.7203 said:

> > > > So, how much more content offers PoF when compared to HoT? Mounts? Do they count as "content"?

> > >

> > > Things like maps and dungeons are content, mounts and waypoints are services, so no.

> >

> > Considering there is content directly linked to the utilization of mounts (races and adventures), as well as content used to introduce and expand your stable of mounts, I'd count it as content. An argument could be made that you don't need to use the mounts to complete races and such but who would be reaching further for their argument? Me saying mounts+races is content or someone else saying you don't need mounts for races so not content?

>

> Races are content, but if the mount is still just the tool for doing said content.

>

> Would you say your keyboard is content as it enables you to play the game?

Did I buy my keyboard as part of the expansion? Nope.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > @SkyShroud.2865 said:

> > > > > > > I got this feeling gw2 has too much content, can it still be considered casual with this much contents?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When 90% of the content consists of running brainlessly in the open world, and auto attack mobs until your bags are full of Junk, yes, Absolutely.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's the best content. Good open world events can be a signature for this game, opposed to rest of the market fixated on instances.

> > > >

> > > > Instanced zones have high replayability, challenge and lots of things to go for (skins etc). When you're doing anything in the open world, the only thing you get is trash you salvage or vendor. Never ever do you get anything worthwhile, not to mention how easy and boring it is. I would take any of the gw1 elite dungeons over every single open world zone of GW2. If i want to simply explore the open world, i play a game like TW3, the souls games or whatever has great open world exploration. In an mmo, open world content means; poor reward because its easily accessible, time gating, incredibly easy, salvage worthy rewards and mostly spamming autos while watching a youtube video. That's not gameplay for me personally.

> > >

> > > As mentioned in previous post, I have no problem with your personal tastes but for this game to be unique it has to focus on something different than another cliche instance content. Open World in gw2 has a lot of potential to grow bigger audience, even in expense of raiding minority. Problems is they are focusing on too many things at once. If they went full Open World + WvW it would be much better idea than keeping unsitisfied minorities entertained.

> >

> > A proper mmo is supposed to offer everything because all kind of people play em. People complained about not having raids for years because there's a crowd that is into them (which is normal and expected, its an mmo after all). I want dungeons. Its what i enjoy the most in pve, and anet doesn't deliver one bit in that department.

> >

> > My perfect GW2 would be focusing on WvW and instanced dungeons/elite dungeons, a 50/50 split. Sadly, i only get the 50% of what i'd like to play.

>

> There should be a limit. Feature bloat is a thing. And where is that bravado about "Just because WoW is doing it, doesn't mean every MMO has to copy" or some such.

>

> So I'm an anime fan. I think the need to add anime styles to the game. Would that be acceptable?

I never played WoW and do not care what WoW offers. But coming from GW1, GW2 is insanely disappointing. Its almost as bad as going from Mass Effect 3 to Andromeda.