Power/Hybrid Scourge....can it be done!?

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So, i really dislike pure bunker condition builds, but i do enjoy Hybrid builds. My favorite being Scepter/Shield + Staff chrono. The laser beam of death gets people SO much when it can hit for 10k+ <3 So i was wondeirng, could something similar be done with Scourge? What do you guys think?

This is what i have been possibly thinking of trying, got any tips on what i could change?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArdYnc0Al9il3AO9Cs9iFjBTftOX3rUBhowQI6nFAOAA-j1SBQB4RTQ/0D0sHAQg2fAAHBgNqUALKzoq6KG4EA0FlElSlCSBYuQL-w

In Curses, im not sure if it would be better to take Master of Corruption for more uses of Consume Conditions and Corrupt Boon but also mean getting blinded and Bleeding on top of the Poison and Vul or take Path of Corruption for 2 Boons into conditions and 2 conditions into Boons. Also not sure what would be a good weapon to take with the Dagger Mainhand.

Options i am looking at:

Dagger Offhand, sending 3 Conditions to enemy + Blind as well as Boon to condition + Weakness

Torch: Conditions and Lifeforce as well as Knockdown, Torment + Might

Warhorn: Unblockable Daze as well as Cripple, Swiftness and Lifeforce

I obviously picked Travelers for ONE reason. Mobility. What other options do you think their are? With Speed of Shadows and Trail of Anguish. Would that be enough to drop Travelers? Sand swell wouldnt be too bad if it was 1,200 Range and if it didnt have that ICD between being able to use it again, also having a Barrier every time you go through it would have been welcome as well

There are a few solid traits that if they didnt have ICD or anything would have been quite strong such as Nourishing Rot,. Think if it didnt have a ICD i would have given that a try. Unending Corruption kinda feels like the weakest option in Master Tier, though Desert Empowerment is kinda rubbish with just a 1k Barrier.

So what do you guys think? Would it be a waste of time?

> @"Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046" said:

> Tried healing scourge min/max full barrier plus cleanse + transfer with magi amulet in pvp ..

> it's fun until ppl realize yo are casting everything on yourself to survive and strip their boons close range. (and still barely stay alive)

> They go ranged, you go pop.

>

> One word to describe barrier/hybrid : limited.

Yeah Barrier kinda, Really, Really sucks. I personally would have it so if used out of combat that it degens quick, if used in combat then it doesnt degen at all.

> @mazut.4296 said:

> I would go hybrid with power as main stat and condition as supplemental damage. This include power weapons. Also your mix of stats is kinda odd, either focus on less stats or pick Celestial gear for full spread.

Yeah i have changed the stats a little bit already.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQRArd3dnc0Al9il3AO9Cs9iFzBTflOT3pUBgIwAI6f1p2UA-j1SBABUcQA+S5BAHBAsUiF4+D4pZYhTAQpqUcj6KN/AA6XPApA2aoF-w

This is what i have come up with so far. I drop Axe/Focus if i end up zerg surfing and go with Staff

What do you think?

> how would you use plague sending in this build?

More of a "oh crap" button as far as i believe it procs on using Desert Shroud. So Desert Shroud would give me Fury, Stability and Swiftness. Porc damage and Torment, Grant a 5k Barrier which would remove a condition and then my first attack inside it would transfer 2 of my conditions to the target.

I assume that is how it works, i do get the visual icon for it when i go into Desert Shroud so i assume thats how it would work.

> Thank you. will test it. :)

> I assume it only hits on casting desert shroud.

>

> edit:

> plage sending trait: doesn't proc or has use for scourge as far as i can tell.

> plage signet: oh kitten button.

>

> Is this what you meant?

I just tested it and the trait DOES work with Desert Shroud. I pumped myself full of conditions, walked up to a passive poor Deer, used Desert Shroud. One Condition was removed (i have the Barrier removes Condition trait) and the other was sent to the deer from the AoE proccing around the Necro when Desert Shroud is used.

It does however seem that the conditions will only be transferred from the AoE ticking around yourself when you use Desert Shroud

I have also been looking at Blood Magic, some very interesting options there.

The Minor level ones are all kinda Meh, though i would likely take Blood Bond, Middle Tier would take Life From Death or Vampiric Presence . But its the GM traits that interest me the most Unholy Martyr, Would remove 3 conditions at the end of the 6second duration of Desert Shroud, meaning 4 Conditions removed during using it. It would also grant (for me) 3.3k Life Force when 3 conditions are removed, which is like 3/4 of the cost of Desert Shroud to be returned to you. Transfusion is another interesting trait, i do wish it was connected to Desert Shroud and not Garish Pillar, gives back like 3.6k Healing every 12 seconds (with Garish Pillar)

It is like they designed these traits be just good enough to be considered but not good enough to be viable lol :(

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > @"Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046" said:

> > Thank you. will test it. :)

> > I assume it only hits on casting desert shroud.

> >

> > edit:

> > plage sending trait: doesn't proc or has use for scourge as far as i can tell.

> > plage signet: oh kitten button.

> >

> > Is this what you meant?

>

> I just tested it and the trait DOES work with Desert Shroud. I pumped myself full of conditions, walked up to a passive poor Deer, used Desert Shroud. One Condition was removed (i have the Barrier removes Condition trait) and the other was sent to the deer from the AoE proccing around the Necro when Desert Shroud is used.

>

> It does however seem that the conditions will only be transferred from the AoE ticking around yourself when you use Desert Shroud

Totally right. saw it proc. ty!

> I have also been looking at Blood Magic, some very interesting options there.

> i do wish it was connected to Desert Shroud and not Garish Pillar, gives back like 3.6k Healing every 12 seconds (with Garish Pillar)

>

> It is like they designed these traits be just good enough to be considered but not good enough to be viable lol :(

So, If you look at the names of the Shade abilities, by themselves and the cost associated to them, can you see why they might name the F4 ability Garish Pillar, and give it originally a 4k LF cost now down to 3.6k ?

What does a Pillar do? It Supports right? You seem focused on the 3.6k (zero healing power) heal to yourself, and are not noticing that you also do 3.6k healing to 4 people around you in a 600 AOE. And that the healing scale on that transfusion is 2628 + (Healing * 2.7).... Not sure if there is any other healing in the game that scales 2.7...

Transfusion didn't heal the Core Necro or the Reaper, but since Scourge is now outside of his Shroud he also benefits, and the cooldown is reduced from 24/30 seconds down to 12 ish... So 3 times more frequently you can utilize this very powerful heal. Garish means Lavish, overdone, absurd. Pillar means support.

Absurd Support, is why it costs so much life force to press F4 on Scourge... Its also why the Dmg on Scourge is so heavily nerfed...

> @Meetshield.1756 said:

> So, If you look at the names of the Shade abilities, by themselves and the cost associated to them, can you see why they might name the F4 ability Garish Pillar, and give it originally a 4k LF cost now down to 3.6k ?

>

> What does a Pillar do? It Supports right? You seem focused on the 3.6k (zero healing power) heal to yourself, and are not noticing that you also do 3.6k healing to 4 people around you in a 600 AOE. And that the healing scale on that transfusion is 2628 + (Healing * 2.7).... Not sure if there is any other healing in the game that scales 2.7...

>

> Transfusion didn't heal the Core Necro or the Reaper, but since Scourge is now outside of his Shroud he also benefits, and the cooldown is reduced from 24/30 seconds down to 12 ish... So 3 times more frequently you can utilize this very powerful heal. Garish means Lavish, overdone, absurd. Pillar means support.

>

> Absurd Support, is why it costs so much life force to press F4 on Scourge... Its also why the Dmg on Scourge is so heavily nerfed...

The problem with this is that Garish Pillar is more of an offensive skill, a fear. I would rather save that skill for when i need to interrupt someone, whereas Desert Shoud, while it does have that little offensive aspect, the biggest reason to use it is for the 5k Barrier and if traited the Condition removal, the Fury, Swiftness, Stun Break and Stability. I just think the Heal would be put to better use on the ability that gives you the barrier allowing you to get the healing and save the Fear for when you need it.

Not saying the trait is bad, i just wish it was attached to Desert Shroud instead.

> So, i really dislike pure bunker condition builds, but i do enjoy Hybrid builds. My favorite being Scepter/Shield + Staff chrono. The laser beam of death gets people SO much when it can hit for 10k+ <3 So i was wondeirng, could something similar be done with Scourge? What do you guys think?

>

> This is what i have been possibly thinking of trying, got any tips on what i could change?

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArdYnc0Al9il3AO9Cs9iFjBTftOX3rUBhowQI6nFAOAA-j1SBQB4RTQ/0D0sHAQg2fAAHBgNqUALKzoq6KG4EA0FlElSlCSBYuQL-w

>

> In Curses, im not sure if it would be better to take Master of Corruption for more uses of Consume Conditions and Corrupt Boon but also mean getting blinded and Bleeding on top of the Poison and Vul or take Path of Corruption for 2 Boons into conditions and 2 conditions into Boons. Also not sure what would be a good weapon to take with the Dagger Mainhand.

>

> Options i am looking at:

> Dagger Offhand, sending 3 Conditions to enemy + Blind as well as Boon to condition + Weakness

> Torch: Conditions and Lifeforce as well as Knockdown, Torment + Might

> Warhorn: Unblockable Daze as well as Cripple, Swiftness and Lifeforce

>

> I obviously picked Travelers for ONE reason. Mobility. What other options do you think their are? With Speed of Shadows and Trail of Anguish. Would that be enough to drop Travelers? Sand swell wouldnt be too bad if it was 1,200 Range and if it didnt have that ICD between being able to use it again, also having a Barrier every time you go through it would have been welcome as well

>

> There are a few solid traits that if they didnt have ICD or anything would have been quite strong such as Nourishing Rot,. Think if it didnt have a ICD i would have given that a try. Unending Corruption kinda feels like the weakest option in Master Tier, though Desert Empowerment is kinda rubbish with just a 1k Barrier.

>

> So what do you guys think? Would it be a waste of time?

>

>

Well. In open world pve you can play anything you want.

But dont try to go in raids, fractals or wvw with this build.

In raids an fracs: u wont be doing good dmg and no buffs

In wvw: u will just die by enemys looking at you

> @Nimon.7840 said:

> Well. In open world pve you can play anything you want.

> But dont try to go in raids, fractals or wvw with this build.

>

> In raids an fracs: u wont be doing good dmg and no buffs

>

> In wvw: u will just die by enemys looking at you

open World is SO tedious, Raids are SO bad and factals are basically slightly improved dungeons. None of which interest me. I stopped playing the horrendous PvE in this game years ago. It was dull then and every time i have gone back to see if its improved. It hasnt.

In WvW, i would actually disagree. Can't comment on Solo much, had a few fights but they were heavily in my favour fighting Boon heavy builds. In groups and Zergs though. Its rather, really fun. I do miss not being on the front lines as much as in the past and the Staff is SO mind numbingly boring! but its actually rather good, get SO many boons from my AoE corruptions and removals. I do wish Dagger MH was better (it sucks!) but i can hold my own in groups and zergs.

As i said. Solo is another matter and i do think tweaks would need to be made for it to be viable there.

I run full Celestial *exotic* armour on my Scourge in WvW and I am always top 5 for total damage (in a squad of 50 players) and about 1/3rd of the time I'm #1 for total damage. I almost always get higher damage than the other 10 Scourges in the squad (including Trailblazer). Whenever someone gets consistently higher damage than me I will whisper them and ask what armour stats they run and the only guy that consistently beat me (double my damage) was the guy running full vipers (I think he died a lot though).

So TL;DR -> Hybrid is good and certainly doable :)

Your traits look a bit of a mess IMHO.

Parasitic Contagion is an amazing trait (which is why it is a GM trait) and offers so much sustain to offset Scourge having utterly useless active defences. Think about what 10% heals do. With Sand Savant you will be hitting 10 players - let's say you tick on each player for 1k condi damage per ticks - that means you are doing 10k DPS - so you are being healed for 10% of 10k = +1k HP per second. That is almost like running 3 warrior healing signets at once.

Path of Corruption is meta for WvW so I'd go with that. So many professions are highly dependent upon boons to reach their potential that easy mode boon corruption is just pure gold.

I use Renegade runes personally (they just looked good when I was experimenting early on, they may not be the meta).

I would go with something like this for a hybrid WvW scourge if you want Traveler runes:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArdWnc0AN9i10Am9Cs9iF2BLaeFpeU6f0T6KlKAUASTA-jFyCABHqE84HBQcq/8lyPkPBAAcEAEUfwe7PQKgt2pB-w

> @dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

> I run full Celestial *exotic* armour on my Scourge in WvW and I am always top 5 for total damage (in a squad of 50 players) and about 1/3rd of the time I'm #1 for total damage. I almost always get higher damage than the other 10 Scourges in the squad (including Trailblazer). Whenever someone gets consistently higher damage than me I will whisper them and ask what armour stats they run and the only guy that consistently beat me (double my damage) was the guy running full vipers (I think he died a lot though).

>

> So TL;DR -> Hybrid is good and certainly doable :)

>

> Your traits look a bit of a mess IMHO.

>

> Parasitic Contagion is an amazing trait (which is why it is a GM trait) and offers so much sustain to offset Scourge having utterly useless active defences. Think about what 10% heals do. With Sand Savant you will be hitting 10 players - let's say you tick on each player for 1k condi damage per ticks - that means you are doing 10k DPS - so you are being healed for 10% of 10k = +1k HP per second. That is almost like running 3 warrior healing signets at once.

>

> Path of Corruption is meta for WvW so I'd go with that. So many professions are highly dependent upon boons to reach their potential that easy mode boon corruption is just pure gold.

>

> I use Renegade runes personally (they just looked good when I was experimenting early on, they may not be the meta).

>

> I would go with something like this for a hybrid WvW scourge if you want Traveler runes:

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArdWnc0AN9i10Am9Cs9iF2BLaeFpeU6f0T6KlKAUASTA-jFyCABHqE84HBQcq/8lyPkPBAAcEAEUfwe7PQKgt2pB-w

>

>

Hm, i tested it out, and i got way higher dps with trailblaizer.

You just have to place shades in right places. If the other scourges are always only placing their shades where the enemy actually is, and not where they will go, they will loose fcking much dps.

And there are other things. If you play the trait that corrupts, when putting down a shade, you will do way less dmg, than someone with the buffed (+burning on next shadecast) shades

> @Nimon.7840 said:

> > @dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

> > I run full Celestial *exotic* armour on my Scourge in WvW and I am always top 5 for total damage (in a squad of 50 players) and about 1/3rd of the time I'm #1 for total damage. I almost always get higher damage than the other 10 Scourges in the squad (including Trailblazer). Whenever someone gets consistently higher damage than me I will whisper them and ask what armour stats they run and the only guy that consistently beat me (double my damage) was the guy running full vipers (I think he died a lot though).

> >

> > So TL;DR -> Hybrid is good and certainly doable :)

> >

> > Your traits look a bit of a mess IMHO.

> >

> > Parasitic Contagion is an amazing trait (which is why it is a GM trait) and offers so much sustain to offset Scourge having utterly useless active defences. Think about what 10% heals do. With Sand Savant you will be hitting 10 players - let's say you tick on each player for 1k condi damage per ticks - that means you are doing 10k DPS - so you are being healed for 10% of 10k = +1k HP per second. That is almost like running 3 warrior healing signets at once.

> >

> > Path of Corruption is meta for WvW so I'd go with that. So many professions are highly dependent upon boons to reach their potential that easy mode boon corruption is just pure gold.

> >

> > I use Renegade runes personally (they just looked good when I was experimenting early on, they may not be the meta).

> >

> > I would go with something like this for a hybrid WvW scourge if you want Traveler runes:

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArdWnc0AN9i10Am9Cs9iF2BLaeFpeU6f0T6KlKAUASTA-jFyCABHqE84HBQcq/8lyPkPBAAcEAEUfwe7PQKgt2pB-w

> >

> >

>

> Hm, i tested it out, and i got way higher dps with trailblaizer.

> You just have to place shades in right places. If the other scourges are always only placing their shades where the enemy actually is, and not where they will go, they will loose fcking much dps.

> And there are other things. If you play the trait that corrupts, when putting down a shade, you will do way less dmg, than someone with the buffed (+burning on next shadecast) shades

this is exactly what i was asking myself. a direct comparison between celestial and full defensive condition-gear (e.g. trailblaizer or mix of rabids and the other one).

i am running a random mix of condition gear with precision/toughness/vitality... basically stuff i was stacking in my bank-tabs plus a balthazar rune, because i had some in my bank too. nothing really called "meta" on the gear-side.

i am constantly either top dmg or top-scourge dmg (weavers can hit quite hard apparently ^^). i am also constantly asking other people running arc-dps if it is correct or just completely displaced because it runs on my end (whatever the reason, really), most of the times they agree (some numbers change slightly. instead of 699k dmg during a fight someone else recorded 712k dmg). most scourges do like half the dmg or less compared to the 2-3 top dmg scourges.

since we are fighting against a very hard fighting server with a lot of scourges running the following build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW3fnE9C10gN9Ce9Cs9iF2BjKAUASTRzrI1jS/jeSXpA-jlyCQB3T3QnU/5iKDAwBB4LK9s5FAgCHBAk9AAOkSQ8t/w6ABg/cH8//38////LFQqLrA-w

i am really curious "why" they run it, since my full condition mainstat scourge does so very well compared to most of my wvw mates (if played to its fullest with sadistic searing procs in mind and casting shades in correct positions/being in the early frontline instead of backlining).

only thing i can think of is the mix of power and condition vs. very cleanse-heavy enemies?

i was thinking of the little heal the celestial parts offer too - but they hardly do anything to the barrier, the self-heal and nothing to parasitic contagion. crit chance for bleeds is higher on my condition-build aswell. toughness is higher on my end. only vitality (just a little), power and crit-dmg is what stands out on the linked build.

so why does this fighting server (and they do very well vs every server atm) insist on so many celestial parts?

> @Aetatis.5418 said:

> > @Nimon.7840 said:

> > > @dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

> > > I run full Celestial *exotic* armour on my Scourge in WvW and I am always top 5 for total damage (in a squad of 50 players) and about 1/3rd of the time I'm #1 for total damage. I almost always get higher damage than the other 10 Scourges in the squad (including Trailblazer). Whenever someone gets consistently higher damage than me I will whisper them and ask what armour stats they run and the only guy that consistently beat me (double my damage) was the guy running full vipers (I think he died a lot though).

> > >

> > > So TL;DR -> Hybrid is good and certainly doable :)

> > >

> > > Your traits look a bit of a mess IMHO.

> > >

> > > Parasitic Contagion is an amazing trait (which is why it is a GM trait) and offers so much sustain to offset Scourge having utterly useless active defences. Think about what 10% heals do. With Sand Savant you will be hitting 10 players - let's say you tick on each player for 1k condi damage per ticks - that means you are doing 10k DPS - so you are being healed for 10% of 10k = +1k HP per second. That is almost like running 3 warrior healing signets at once.

> > >

> > > Path of Corruption is meta for WvW so I'd go with that. So many professions are highly dependent upon boons to reach their potential that easy mode boon corruption is just pure gold.

> > >

> > > I use Renegade runes personally (they just looked good when I was experimenting early on, they may not be the meta).

> > >

> > > I would go with something like this for a hybrid WvW scourge if you want Traveler runes:

> > >

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArdWnc0AN9i10Am9Cs9iF2BLaeFpeU6f0T6KlKAUASTA-jFyCABHqE84HBQcq/8lyPkPBAAcEAEUfwe7PQKgt2pB-w

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Hm, i tested it out, and i got way higher dps with trailblaizer.

> > You just have to place shades in right places. If the other scourges are always only placing their shades where the enemy actually is, and not where they will go, they will loose fcking much dps.

> > And there are other things. If you play the trait that corrupts, when putting down a shade, you will do way less dmg, than someone with the buffed (+burning on next shadecast) shades

>

> this is exactly what i was asking myself. a direct comparison between celestial and full defensive condition-gear (e.g. trailblaizer or mix of rabids and the other one).

> i am running a random mix of condition gear with precision/toughness/vitality... basically stuff i was stacking in my bank-tabs plus a balthazar rune, because i had some in my bank too. nothing really called "meta" on the gear-side.

>

> i am constantly either top dmg or top-scourge dmg (weavers can hit quite hard apparently ^^). i am also constantly asking other people running arc-dps if it is correct or just completely displaced because it runs on my end (whatever the reason, really), most of the times they agree (some numbers change slightly. instead of 699k dmg during a fight someone else recorded 712k dmg). most scourges do like half the dmg or less compared to the 2-3 top dmg scourges.

>

> since we are fighting against a very hard fighting server with a lot of scourges running the following build:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW3fnE9C10gN9Ce9Cs9iF2BjKAUASTRzrI1jS/jeSXpA-jlyCQB3T3QnU/5iKDAwBB4LK9s5FAgCHBAk9AAOkSQ8t/w6ABg/cH8//38////LFQqLrA-w

> i am really curious "why" they run it, since my full condition mainstat scourge does so very well compared to most of my wvw mates (if played to its fullest with sadistic searing procs in mind and casting shades in correct positions/being in the early frontline instead of backlining).

>

> only thing i can think of is the mix of power and condition vs. very cleanse-heavy enemies?

> i was thinking of the little heal the celestial parts offer too - but they hardly do anything to the barrier, the self-heal and nothing to parasitic contagion. crit chance for bleeds is higher on my condition-build aswell. toughness is higher on my end. only vitality (just a little), power and crit-dmg is what stands out on the linked build.

> so why does this fighting server (and they do very well vs every server atm) insist on so many celestial parts?

>

Cause celestial offers the most stats. And thats exactly how we played reaper before pof

> @dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

> I run full Celestial *exotic* armour on my Scourge in WvW and I am always top 5 for total damage (in a squad of 50 players) and about 1/3rd of the time I'm #1 for total damage. I almost always get higher damage than the other 10 Scourges in the squad (including Trailblazer). Whenever someone gets consistently higher damage than me I will whisper them and ask what armour stats they run and the only guy that consistently beat me (double my damage) was the guy running full vipers (I think he died a lot though).

>

> So TL;DR -> Hybrid is good and certainly doable :)

>

> Your traits look a bit of a mess IMHO.

>

> Parasitic Contagion is an amazing trait (which is why it is a GM trait) and offers so much sustain to offset Scourge having utterly useless active defences. Think about what 10% heals do. With Sand Savant you will be hitting 10 players - let's say you tick on each player for 1k condi damage per ticks - that means you are doing 10k DPS - so you are being healed for 10% of 10k = +1k HP per second. That is almost like running 3 warrior healing signets at once.

>

> Path of Corruption is meta for WvW so I'd go with that. So many professions are highly dependent upon boons to reach their potential that easy mode boon corruption is just pure gold.

>

> I use Renegade runes personally (they just looked good when I was experimenting early on, they may not be the meta).

>

> I would go with something like this for a hybrid WvW scourge if you want Traveler runes:

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArdWnc0AN9i10Am9Cs9iF2BLaeFpeU6f0T6KlKAUASTA-jFyCABHqE84HBQcq/8lyPkPBAAcEAEUfwe7PQKgt2pB-w

>

>

While Parasitic Contagion is a good trait in the RIGHT situation, that situation is rather few and far between - Groups and zergs. I prefer solo roaming. So in this situation. It kinda feels like a rather lacking trait. How does Sand savant hit 10 people? it says its 5 targets? I am assuming the other 5 are around you, so surely this is again situational as well as to if you are actually hitting 5+ people.

yeah i did go with Path of Corruption as its just a great little trait, especially on Scourge. I would love to use a different runset but that 25% movement speed is SO needed when i roam. Curious as to why the traits are a "mess" if you only have 3 trait different to mine, which is taking Sand Savant over Feed the Corruption which imo is an awesome trait, I think Speed of Shadows is better mostly as outside of zerging i dont use staff at all, i find it such a boring weapon. I wish it was like Revenant staff or Mesmer staff. Not just press all the AoE and then swap weapon.

The Burning from Dhuumfire is kinda lacking on Scourge imo. Great on Reaper as its attached to the auto attack so you can build up insane stacks but 1k damage over 3 seconds on 5 targets is kinda lacking considering the 10second cool down.

Stats wise, it seems pretty good, where does the direct damage actually come from though? As Scepter for me at least with like 500 more power has pretty crappy direct damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQRArd4fnc0AV9il3AO9Cs9iFzBjKAEBqTR/rO1mSflOTvpA-jVSBABBu/QrKBN4EAAwRAAR9DN/AAo4gAcn6Plp8TUAbF-w

Right this is what i have come up with so far, rather going with a messy hybrid. I have gone with Cele, the only problem i am having is picking my food. I cant see the point in taking Condition based food as it relies on having Expertise, which i dont have so it would kinda be wasted. My other option would be Power. Precision food would have been very welcome :(

Infusions wise, Im thinking Precision or Condition damage.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQRArd4fnc0AV9il3AO9Cs9iFzBjKAEBqTR/rO1mSflOTvpA-jVSBABBu/QrKBN4EAAwRAAR9DN/AAo4gAcn6Plp8TUAbF-w

>

> Right this is what i have come up with so far, rather going with a messy hybrid. I have gone with Cele, the only problem i am having is picking my food. I cant see the point in taking Condition based food as it relies on having Expertise, which i dont have so it would kinda be wasted. My other option would be Power. Precision food would have been very welcome :(

>

> Infusions wise, Im thinking Precision or Condition damage.

Slightly changed the build doing a little test. I have dropped Corruption Sigil and picked up Bloodlust. I have dropped Sigil of Strength for Sigil of Draining and dropped Sigil of Bursting for Sigil of Draining. With low cool down access to Fear with Garish Pillar as well as Oppressive Collapse as well as the always possible Boon Corrupt Fear Sigil of Draining could be very nice, No cool down so could proc multiple times off a sigil skill :)