Where is grieving ascended and why only 1 harrier/marshall ascended accesory?

LeSavage.1359

Some renown hearts sell marshall and harrier ascended trinkets, but why there is only 1 accesory if u cannot equip both? they are unique. There are 2 different rings but not accesories.

Price of accesory is 2x more than ring. ring -1500 contracts, 15 brandsparks, 10 laurels, accesory - 3k contracts, 40 brandsparks, 20 laurels, a bit high.

What about grieving? anybody got info?

It's not a stat thing. Accessories have always been more expensive than rings ever since rings became available in fractals and accessoires via guild mission tokens.

It has more to do with an upgrade path to follow I guess, rings are an essential upgrade mostly and provide the most benefit (can be infused and attuned for example) while all other trinkets provide less benefit in form of stats and other extras. Best example is backpieces which are the most expensive ascended trinket gear to get while providing the least amount of stats.

This pricing approach has been consistant mostly throughout the game, see here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

The double price seems a bit excessive though since past price differences were around a factor of 20-50%, not 100% more.

I did a thread about this a little bit ago, and found that there is no exotic crafting recipe for grieving. The weapon and armor ascended recipes are drops, mostly from events but highest drop seems to be from legendary bounties and treasure hunt chests. The wiki has been updated with a lot of new info on these.

> @mazut.4296 said:

> You can get the ascended recipe from meta events, its 100% drop. However I never tried to find the exotic recipe, no idea if there is one existing. Also, no idea if you can convert another ascended item in MF to Grieving stats.

The Intact Mosaics (around 1.5g on the TP) act as the exotic inscription for grieving stats for MF conversion purposes.

> @"Cuon Alpinus.7645" said:

> > @mazut.4296 said:

> > You can get the ascended recipe from meta events, its 100% drop. However I never tried to find the exotic recipe, no idea if there is one existing. Also, no idea if you can convert another ascended item in MF to Grieving stats.

>

> The Intact Mosaics (around 1.5g on the TP) act as the exotic inscription for grieving stats for MF conversion purposes.

Thanks for the info