Dungeons are dead that's all i have to say !

Hello everyone

So today we all have as a daily the CoF dungeon, It makes me happy to see a dead dungeon be reborn again. But what makes me feel sad is the fact that this happens only when there is a dungeon for daily

I did my daily and I was curious to see if other dungeons are crowds like CoF but nah.. it felt like I was walking alone in crystal dessert

It's kind of sad to remember how dungeons used to be the number one thing because of the rewards a daily gold and a chance to get exotic gear was more satisfied then . But now it's like no one cares, everyone wants to play the fractals and the raids and all that but dungeons are in the game but no one even noticed not even the devs

I mean you know that every dungeon is dead you know that finding a dungeon now it's rare but why don't you do anything? you made a reward track on WvW on PvP based on Dungeons and you don't even care about teh actual dungeon? That's nice

So many videos on youtube and social medias talking about the fact that dungeons are dead and the devs don't even care?

Wish everything was like before where you played a dungeon and you get 1g and a chance of exotic gears and weapons or at least make something like a "reward track" for ACTUAL dungeon this time

If ANet touched dungeon again, I want it to be redesigned as leveling content. Nerf all the dungeon content so that leveling players with gear vastly under their level can complete all paths in a reasonable time. Make dungeon content accessible starting from with AC being a level 10 dungeon and each dungeon after that gain +10 levels. Give token gear rewards at the appropriate level. Make dungeon entrance more accessible with dungeon portals or WP unlocked.

I dislike that leveling in PvE is strictly Open world only. I want to play instance content as a way to level up my characters.

Yeah, I'm having a problem where I need nightmare runes on my renegade to have more effective condi duration (right now I'm using torment runes which is overkill for torment duration), but they're only offered through twilight arbor. I don't like pvp and dont really play wvw, so my only option is the dungeon itself. The easiest way to fix this issue is to have a dungeon guaranteed for the dalies each day. It wouldn't revitalize the content completely, but at the very least it would get a little blood pumping back in its veins.

As it stands right now, I'd have to complete an entire WvW reward track just to get the tokens I need for TWO of the four runes I need. I'm just thankful I don't need six of them.

> @"Cuon Alpinus.7645" said:

> Yeah, I'm having a problem where I need nightmare runes on my renegade to have more effective condi duration (right now I'm using torment runes which is overkill for torment duration), but they're only offered through twilight arbor. I don't like pvp and dont really play wvw, so my only option is the dungeon itself. The easiest way to fix this issue is to have a dungeon guaranteed for the dalies each day. It wouldn't revitalize the content completely, but at the very least it would get a little blood pumping back in its veins.

>

> As it stands right now, I'd have to complete an entire WvW reward track just to get the tokens I need for TWO of the four runes I need. I'm just thankful I don't need six of them.

Just open "TA Up" or "TA Fwd" and run the dungeon with randoms. LFG will fill within several minutes (most often below 5) and it's also easy to run them with inexperienced players due to massive powercreep.

> @runeblade.7514 said:

> If ANet touched dungeon again, I want it to be redesigned as leveling content. Nerf all the dungeon content so that leveling players with gear vastly under their level can complete all paths in a reasonable time. Make dungeon content accessible starting from with AC being a level 10 dungeon and each dungeon after that gain +10 levels. Give token gear rewards at the appropriate level. Make dungeon entrance more accessible with dungeon portals or WP unlocked.

>

> I dislike that leveling in PvE is strictly Open world only. I want to play instance content as a way to level up my characters.

WoW is that way, this is not the game for you then.

> @"Cuon Alpinus.7645" said:

> Yeah, I'm having a problem where I need nightmare runes on my renegade to have more effective condi duration (right now I'm using torment runes which is overkill for torment duration), but they're only offered through twilight arbor. I don't like pvp and dont really play wvw, so my only option is the dungeon itself. The easiest way to fix this issue is to have a dungeon guaranteed for the dalies each day. It wouldn't revitalize the content completely, but at the very least it would get a little blood pumping back in its veins.

>

> As it stands right now, I'd have to complete an entire WvW reward track just to get the tokens I need for TWO of the four runes I need. I'm just thankful I don't need six of them.

Make an LFG, it fills in 2-3 minutes. Did it 2 days ago...

TA and AC fill pretty fast. Some of the other lower level dungeons do as well. Arah is the biggest exception, you will end up waiting up to or over an hour for a group to fill and then half the party will leave when they die for the first time. I don't think daily dungeon paths will solve a lot of the issues because

1.) A lot of traffic would require the Devs to go through and actually fix them which they've said they're not willing to do.

2.) Some dungeon paths still won't fill easily (like when Arah is the daily dungeon, you still have a hard time finding a party, and if it does fill instantly it's full of people who rage quit)

3.) It will recreate elitism in dungeons again, making it harder for the casual or new player to join.

In some ways, dungeons being "dead content" is a blessing and a curse. Generally, the players I do run with actually want to be there and want to do the content. Prior, it was all speed runners, level 80, zerk meta, no rangers/necros, 5k+ AP (this does still happen from time to time and with the lower level dungeons, but nowhere near as often). Clears were fast, but no one really wanted to be there.

> @ProtoGunner.4953 said:

> > @"Cuon Alpinus.7645" said:

> > Yeah, I'm having a problem where I need nightmare runes on my renegade to have more effective condi duration (right now I'm using torment runes which is overkill for torment duration), but they're only offered through twilight arbor. I don't like pvp and dont really play wvw, so my only option is the dungeon itself. The easiest way to fix this issue is to have a dungeon guaranteed for the dalies each day. It wouldn't revitalize the content completely, but at the very least it would get a little blood pumping back in its veins.

> >

> > As it stands right now, I'd have to complete an entire WvW reward track just to get the tokens I need for TWO of the four runes I need. I'm just thankful I don't need six of them.

>

> Make an LFG, it fills in 2-3 minutes. Did it 2 days ago...

Yep, tried this myself last night and it didn't take too long to do a few paths. Still need another 121 tokens for the last rune though. Dungeons are indeed not dead. Just have to put an LFG up for a few minutes.

Make your own LFG, wait 1 minute, do the dungeon.

Stop relying on others> @Tarasicodissa.7084 said:

> If you don't care who ends up being in your party, you can just type the path in LFG and indeed have it filled up very shortly, but you may as well just solo the dungeon at that point. Getting a party of 5 people **to your liking** through LFG is a significantly more difficult tast these days.

At the current power level of player characters and classes, what does it matter who joins your LFG? Dungeon difficulty is outscalled by a factor of 3-4 at this point.

Most classes can in fact solo dungeons easily unless prevented by specific mechanics which require multiple players, and even most of those can be skipped or bypassed.

Why are there people in the game still surprised by this?

1. Anet already disclosed explicitly that Dungeons are not a format that is sustainable, so it won't be supported anymore

2. It's old news; people are tired of this content, simply because of it's age

3. It's almost trivial. Grab a few people and get it done ...

Dungeons need a rework, very badly. At level 30 new players will get the message for AC story mode and are likely to have a really bad time. In most other games you are expected to grind a dungeon for your next gear, so you can then proceed with ne next dungeon, the one after that and so on, but that's not the case for GW2, the problem is, the game never tells you it isn't, you get your little mail at lvl. 30 saying: "hey, go do AC" so new people thing that what they are supposed to do now, but finding a group when you are lvl. 30 and running story mode of all, is not gonna be easy. If you do find one and try to clear it with 5 people that are all new to the game it's gonna be a wipe fest, with people leaving the group all the time, because the game doesn't explain ANYTHING properly to this point.

**New players will quit the game over this**, I've seen it happen, and throwing instant level 80 boster at people is not gonna fix the problem. The game needs to do a better job of teaching new players it's mechanics. It needs a tutorial. I belief dungeons a the best candidate for this. Change them do teach people what CC is, the difference between hard and soft CC and how it interacts with defiance bars, what are conditions and how to remove them or how do combofiels work so on and so forth. After all this was a big reason of the Raid controversy after HoT. People felt Raids are to hard because they never really learnt to play the game right.

> @Glott.7239 said:

> Dungeons need a rework, very badly. At level 30 new players will get the message for AC story mode and are likely to have a really bad time. In most other games you are expected to grind a dungeon for your next gear, so you can then proceed with ne next dungeon, the one after that and so on, but that's not the case for GW2, the problem is, the game never tells you it isn't, you get your little mail at lvl. 30 saying: "hey, go do AC" so new people thing that what they are supposed to do now, but finding a group when you are lvl. 30 and running story mode of all, is not gonna be easy. If you do find one and try to clear it with 5 people that are all new to the game it's gonna be a wipe fest, with people leaving the group all the time, because the game doesn't explain ANYTHING properly to this point.

>

> **New players will quit the game over this**, I've seen it happen, and throwing instant level 80 boster at people is not gonna fix the problem. The game needs to do a better job of teaching new players it's mechanics. It needs a tutorial. I belief dungeons a the best candidate for this. Change them do teach people what CC is, the difference between hard and soft CC and how it interacts with defiance bars, what are conditions and how to remove them or how do combofiels work so on and so forth. After all this was a big reason of the Raid controversy after HoT. People felt Raids are to hard because they never really learnt to play the game right.

This I can actually sympathize and agree with and I have been mentioning in the past how I think the game needs a proper tutorial for new players.

Maybe not a rework of dungeons but some instances which deals with a lot of mechanics the game has, especially those which differ from other traditional MMOs.

New players are pretty much left out to dry unless they join via a friend who takes it upon himself to teach them the basics.

I like dungeons as they are. Reworking them as fractals would mean lower rewards (tokens are incredibly valuable), which is probably not a good idea. If new players are joining your run just take care of them and explain how it works, it's not like it's insanely difficult to master.

If you want some content that could use a rework over dungeons, take a look at the urban battleground fractal. Mechanics are just as bad and outdated as the dungeon ones and it's the first fractal people usually experience. It's also definitely not the best one.

I don't mind the current state of dungeons. People are still interested in the content despite the fake news over the dungeon's "poor rewards", so the people who come actually want to be there. They're happy to piss around in the AC turkey room, or wipe because nobody is using a viable build. Most importantly, many players are willing to take suggestions to improve their group play.

Dungeons are still fun. The problem is that people are often too shy to open an LFG.

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> Why are there people in the game still surprised by this?

>

> 1. Anet already disclosed explicitly that Dungeons are not a format that is sustainable, so it won't be supported anymore

> 2. It's old news; people are tired of this content, simply because of it's age

> 3. It's almost trivial. Grab a few people and get it done ...

>

>

1. What does sustainable mean here? If designed right, e.g. Silverwaste, it runs by itself and people enjoying it without any sustaining effort for upkeeping (update). Fractal, they said, are what they want to invest. But what we have is just 4 tiers repeating itself with some gimmicks; it can be quite boring to some. Yes, we all knew it was Anet who murdered the Dungeons. I bet some of us dungoen lovers do secretly wish they would change their mind.

2. Yes, it's old, but for some of us it never grow old.

3. Many other game modes, even the whole game itself, if played long enough will become trivial. The key is when people enjoy it, it has its value.

My 2 cents.