Parasitic Contagion

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So i was looking at this, seems pretty decent, but it just doesnt seem to be GM worthy. Compared to some of the Healing other classes get such as Healing Signet, Signet of Restoration and such which all have very good healing potential i know they are actual healing abilities, i just think this could be better. In groups, i am betting its VERY good. Solo however. I dunno it just seems kinda lacking.

What do you guys think of this trait? Trash? Or worth using?

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> Worth using if you seek survivability in PvE or WvW zergs. Its a great choice when paired with Pestilence, Deathly Chill and Greatsword.

> Its not meant to provide enough self sustain without other traits/skills but it open paths to "tanky builds". In PvE of course.

Why is it a great choice when combined with Greatsword? Well, on its own it has no use. You have to use it with weapons. Can it provide enough sustain in 1 Vs 1 situations though?

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > Worth using if you seek survivability in PvE or WvW zergs. Its a great choice when paired with Pestilence, Deathly Chill and Greatsword.

> > Its not meant to provide enough self sustain without other traits/skills but it open paths to "tanky builds". In PvE of course.

>

> Why is it a great choice when combined with Greatsword? Well, on its own it has no use. You have to use it with weapons. Can it provide enough sustain in 1 Vs 1 situations though?

>

Greatsword can provide AoE bleeding pretty quickly with Chilling Darkness and Deathly Chill.

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> > @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > > Worth using if you seek survivability in PvE or WvW zergs. Its a great choice when paired with Pestilence, Deathly Chill and Greatsword.

> > > Its not meant to provide enough self sustain without other traits/skills but it open paths to "tanky builds". In PvE of course.

> >

> > Why is it a great choice when combined with Greatsword? Well, on its own it has no use. You have to use it with weapons. Can it provide enough sustain in 1 Vs 1 situations though?

> >

>

> Greatsword can provide AoE bleeding pretty quickly with Chilling Darkness and Deathly Chill.

But wouldnt Scepter be better? More Conditions, faster. Then maybe something like Epidemic to spread them. I am by the way playing around with Scourge so Greatsword is a no for me lol

> > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > > @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > > > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > > > Worth using if you seek survivability in PvE or WvW zergs. Its a great choice when paired with Pestilence, Deathly Chill and Greatsword.

> > > > Its not meant to provide enough self sustain without other traits/skills but it open paths to "tanky builds". In PvE of course.

> > >

> > > Why is it a great choice when combined with Greatsword? Well, on its own it has no use. You have to use it with weapons. Can it provide enough sustain in 1 Vs 1 situations though?

> > >

> >

> > Greatsword can provide AoE bleeding pretty quickly with Chilling Darkness and Deathly Chill.

>

> But wouldnt Scepter be better? More Conditions, faster. Then maybe something like Epidemic to spread them. I am by the way playing around with Scourge so Greatsword is a no for me lol

Scepter does not have good AoE alone, so you'll heavily depend on Epicemic to have good sustain with it. With Scourge you can have good AoEs with Shades skills even if their conditions are more bursty than bleeding and less good for prolonged sustain.

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> Scepter does not have good AoE alone, so you'll heavily depend on Epicemic to have good sustain with it. With Scourge you can have good AoEs with Shades skills even if their conditions are more bursty than bleeding and less good for prolonged sustain.

I just wish it was something betetr, like it was connected to your Power, rather than a flat 10% which is kinda pathetic unless you go full condi :(

As Hybrid, it just doesnt seem to be quite good enough :(

I think it should be a GM purely because.. If you hit up a mob or a End Boss.. the healing it can dish out can be amazing.. especially in mobs.. BUT. . it's more limited with single targets due to your own conditions damage..So when you aren't doing a lot or any condition damage.. you aren't getting any heals.

It has great up sides to it.. but also downsides. IF it wasn't a GM then imho 10% would be too much and would have to be much lower for the "trait rank" that it would be in vs where it is now.

IMHO :)

> @HardRider.2980 said:

> I think it should be a GM purely because.. If you hit up a mob or a End Boss.. the healing it can dish out can be amazing.. especially in mobs.. BUT. . it's more limited with single targets due to your own conditions damage..So when you aren't doing a lot or any condition damage.. you aren't getting any heals.

> It has great up sides to it.. but also downsides. IF it wasn't a GM then imho 10% would be too much and would have to be much lower for the "trait rank" that it would be in vs where it is now.

> IMHO :)

How can it dish out "amazing" healing but also be limited with single targets on an End boss? Aren't they both contradicting? I dunno, Unless you're PURE condi then the healing it deals is kinda meh. I have around 1k Condition damage and i can see ticks between as LOW as 7! yes. 7! up to like in the 80s

> @mazut.4296 said:

> yeah, its a condi trait, but that's why its in out condi trait line. Maybe it would be good to give 7% from power and 7% from condi damage, but then which trait line will be its home? Death Magic maybe?!

What about if it stays there is 10% but it gets buffed from Healing Power as well? So the more Condition damage and Healing Power you have the more it heals? That way, its still able to stay where it is, because of its Condition based aspect but if you build for some healing power, you can improve it.

> > @Avigrus.2871 said:

> > This trait is great in large scale WvW.

>

> "Great" im not so sure, good yeah. Its solo and small group that im wondering if its really GM worthy. Because it kinda feels a little lacking outside of zergs.

All the aoe conditions you pump out with shades and staff, makes for massive sustain on top of your damage.

The thing with Parasitic Contagion is that it "scales" based on the damage of the player using it. An accomplished player using Scourge or Reaper in fractals can easily net 20k dps (and even more in burst by utilizing Epidemic). That equates to 2000 health per second which comes up to regenerating about 10% of your total health per second. It's even more powerful with Scourge because its damage ceiling is higher than Reaper at the moment, and you can continue to heal whilst utilizing barriers.

> @Lahmia.2193 said:

> All the aoe conditions you pump out with shades and staff, makes for massive sustain on top of your damage.

yeah and that might be "great" in zergs, i personally dont see a huge increase in sustain myself, maybe i am just not condi enough for it to really be that useful!?

> @Amerikajinn.4635 said:

> The thing with Parasitic Contagion is that it "scales" based on the damage of the player using it. An accomplished player using Scourge or Reaper in fractals can easily net 20k dps (and even more in burst by utilizing Epidemic). That equates to 2000 health per second which comes up to regenerating about 10% of your total health per second. It's even more powerful with Scourge because its damage ceiling is higher than Reaper at the moment, and you can continue to heal whilst utilizing barriers.

Fractals, Raids and Open world PvE hold ZERO interest for me, most of the content is passable at best, something that GW2 has always lacked in. Good PvE content, some enjoy it. I find it seriously dull and boring. In a WvW and specifically roaming sense, i dunno. It just doesnt feel that worth it. Again, maybe its the kinda of trait Anet like. Pure Condi bunker build!?

> @Ziooo.8932 said:

> If only it was a bloodmagic GM trait that also affects nearby allies... ok i woke up now, we are necros, we don't have any team support. But i can still dream, right?

Mmmm, that would compete with Transfusion though. 12 second cool down for a rather nice heal (if you're Scourge) the problem is too me, the skill its attached to and that Bloodmagic kinda just sucks as a trait line lol

IF i can do an average of 5k dps solo, thats 500 health per second on top of any rejuvination or healing skill i use. I have solo'd champions with this trait and at the moment i how i survive most of my spvp encounters.

I think that the trait could be better equipped to provide some party healing or support but this is where it's been for a while and they probably wont change it because it provides a lot of self support in pve

> @Lexan.5930 said:

> IF i can do an average of 5k dps solo, thats 500 health per second on top of any rejuvination or healing skill i use. I have solo'd champions with this trait and at the moment i how i survive most of my spvp encounters.

>

> I think that the trait could be better equipped to provide some party healing or support but this is where it's been for a while and they probably wont change it because it provides a lot of self support in pve

I am assuming you are pure condi? Thats my point, if you are hybrid or what ever, it really lacks. A reasonable change that would likely hurt all the bunker condi players would be to make it so that it is based somehow on another stat, be it Power or Healing Power or something. I never really have liked Pure Condi builds, the problem with Scourge (what im playing) is that it just feels like it isnt made to be hybrid. The direct damage, even with over 2k Power, 190%+ Crit damage and such is just SO poor outside of Axe. Dagger is just laughable and the only other good Power weapon is locked behind Reaper :(

> @maxwelgm.4315 said:

> If you're playing Vipers or at least Grieving this trait is enough to allow you to facetank/more or less facetank T4 fractal mobs and such. Without great investment in condi however, you are better off counting on your life force for survival and picking something else.

As mentioned, WvW player and a Scourge player. Grieving i dont really like on Necro. Reaper has good direct damage but other than that its not that great, Scourge is the same. So i am kinda thinking maybe going for a more Condi based might help. It would have been SO much better if it got scaling from Healing Power though

It turns the reaper or scourge into a champion soloing monster in pve. A good epi or rotation is equivalent to having a permanent blood fiend with you. Made PoF a breeze to run through. The condi duration can easily by made up with food, it's proven to be an excellent go to trait if you need to carry a group in dungeons and fractals.

Can't say it's too good in pvp tho, most people run builds that clear condis well or die too quickly for you to have any true benefit.

WvW tho... I guess it comes down to how much resistance/ condi clear your enemies are pulsing. I personally don't think it's worth replacing weakening shroud in a boon heavy environment.

Probably my favourite Necro Trait actually.

It being better than the entire Blood Trait line for self sustain makes it quite the Grandmaster Trait in my eyes.

With Epidemic and a lot of mobs, this is potentially the single most powerful sustain Trait in the game in certain situations.

In WvW it's decent in zerging and while I don't play sPvP, I can't imagine it being particularly useful there.

It was pretty nice on the now mostly gone condi Reaper, where Scepter camping wasn't so much of a thing, but even with Scourge where Lingering Curse is the go to for group content (if you can get a spot as Necro for it), I still prefer Parasitic Contagion in solo situations or with bad groups.