Parasitic Contagion

ArmageddonAsh.6430

> @"Weo weo.6378" said:

> It turns the reaper or scourge into a champion soloing monster in pve. A good epi or rotation is equivalent to having a permanent blood fiend with you. Made PoF a breeze to run through. The condi duration can easily by made up with food, it's proven to be an excellent go to trait if you need to carry a group in dungeons and fractals.

>

> Can't say it's too good in pvp tho, most people run builds that clear condis well or die too quickly for you to have any true benefit.

>

> WvW tho... I guess it comes down to how much resistance/ condi clear your enemies are pulsing. I personally don't think it's worth replacing weakening shroud in a boon heavy environment.

>

>

No need. Because the duration from lingering curse extends past the cap and doesn't show up in the condition duration tool tip.

> @Asum.4960 said:

> Probably my favourite Necro Trait actually.

> It being better than the entire Blood Trait line for self sustain makes it quite the Grandmaster Trait in my eyes.

>

> With Epidemic and a lot of mobs, this is potentially the single most powerful sustain Trait in the game in certain situations.

> In WvW it's decent in zerging and while I don't play sPvP, I can't imagine it being particularly useful there.

>

> It was pretty nice on the now mostly gone condi Reaper, where Scepter camping wasn't so much of a thing, but even with Scourge where Lingering Curse is the go to for group content (if you can get a spot as Necro for it), I still prefer Parasitic Contagion in solo situations or with bad groups.

So good for groups, not so good for solo when it comes to eve or PvP situations? But for those of us that do go for wvw or? PvP over the PvE, then what use is this trait in small/solo groups? Too me, as shown by others. It's either really strong (PvE events), okay (Wvw Zergs) or useless (solo Wvw or spvp)

When I use Parasitic Contagion, it is in group play on a core Necromancer condition damage build; i.e., sceptre-dagger where LF generation is the lowest. That way I can keep bleed stacks reasonable and not go down from boss AoE.

If I am not taking much damage, though, no reason to take it. It is a very niche trait for use when heals, dodges, group help, and Death Shroud are insufficient.

For PvP it's the choice if you know that the other team will focus you with condition damage (transfers), rather than power. That's rather rare, because even with 1-2 power classes you get better value of eternal weakness provided by the other GM.

Generally with Scourge PC is closer to being a viable pick (no Shroud healing limitations), but it's a win-more trait and rather inconsistent in PvP. Leaving the damage->health conversion as it is/lowering it to 7% and adding something in line of heal per condition applied (with or without ICD) would help combat this issue and increase popularity of the trait.

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > Haven't never played necro without parasitic. Heal like crazy after you drop condibomb and epidemic.

>

> Yeah thats my point, insane in groups and blobs but gets worse and worse and worse the lower the number of people you are fighting. In a 1 Vs 1 situation. It is not viable sustain at all.

Thats pretty much all of necro, which is why you don't take it in a 1v1. Thats the point. Parasitic is fine.