Well I'M happy

Murdock.6547

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> Anet isn't balancing according to performance only due to the disparity in damage between classes and builds that is evident from damage output data that anyone can collect from the game. Miraculous!

You do realize that performance is not just measured by DPS?

Are you really being that naive to think that when someone mentions balanced by performance it automatically means how much DPS they can output?.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole discussion reminds me a lot of the 'deity vs. science discussion', where the latter tries to back their statements/results with as much statistical/analytical/logical evidence/data as possible and where the first group tries to convince the other group mainly driven by their own believes and if you ask them for proof they can only come up with well crafted _stories and fables_, you can almost 'feel' the charisma (also the whole reason why they still have a big following), but in the end, no real depth! And if any real data is given it's almost always anecdotal: "here is proof: this one time ...".

I always put my "believe" in the side that at least _try_ to prove their statements with LOTS of real data and numbers. Maybe still not providing 100% perfect results (balancing is complex, lots of different factors to keep in mind), but still coming very close to a definitive argument because of the strong analytical/numerical backup.

Do a google search on qT benchmarks, Snow Crows, dT, GW2raidar, dpsreport, etc. and you get an abundance of data on a lot of different areas, __not just on dps only!!!__. And I can tell you (as you can see for yourself), it doesn't look good for the Necro!

No sweat though, we all make mistakes, and balancing is a VERY difficult thing to do, but the first thing we ALL should do (and definitely the ANet Devs themselves) is step out of that denial train (dogma much :) ) and then we can really start fixing the Necro (or balance as a whole for that matter).

> @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> This whole discussion reminds me a lot of the 'deity vs. science discussion', where the latter tries to back their statements/results with as much statistical/analytical/logical evidence/data as possible and where the first group tries to convince the other group mainly driven by their own believes and if you ask them for proof they can only come up with well crafted _stories and fables_, you can almost 'feel' the charisma (also the whole reason why they still have a big following), but in the end, no real depth! And if any real data is given it's almost always anecdotal: "here is proof: this one time ...".

> I always put my "believe" in the side that at least _try_ to prove their statements with LOTS of real data and numbers. Maybe still not providing 100% perfect results (balancing is complex, lots of different factors to keep in mind), but still coming very close to a definitive argument because of the strong analytical/numerical backup.

> Do a google search on qT benchmarks, Snow Crows, dT, GW2raidar, dpsreport, etc. and you get an abundance of data on a lot of different areas, __not just on dps only!!!__. And I can tell you (as you can see for yourself), it doesn't look good for the Necro!

> No sweat though, we all make mistakes, and balancing is a VERY difficult thing to do, but the first thing we ALL should do (and definitely the ANet Devs themselves) is step out of that denial train (dogma much :) ) and then we can really start fixing the Necro (or balance as a whole for that matter).

Didn't you know? Earth is not round, it's a gigantic turtle that leisurly fly in the vast universe.

> @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> This whole discussion reminds me a lot of the 'deity vs. science discussion', where the latter tries to back their statements/results with as much statistical/analytical/logical evidence/data as possible and where the first group tries to convince the other group mainly driven by their own believes and if you ask them for proof they can only come up with well crafted _stories and fables_, you can almost 'feel' the charisma (also the whole reason why they still have a big following), but in the end, no real depth! And if any real data is given it's almost always anecdotal: "here is proof: this one time ...".

> I always put my "believe" in the side that at least _try_ to prove their statements with LOTS of real data and numbers. Maybe still not providing 100% perfect results (balancing is complex, lots of different factors to keep in mind), but still coming very close to a definitive argument because of the strong analytical/numerical backup.

> Do a google search on qT benchmarks, Snow Crows, dT, GW2raidar, dpsreport, etc. and you get an abundance of data on a lot of different areas, __not just on dps only!!!__. And I can tell you (as you can see for yourself), it doesn't look good for the Necro!

> No sweat though, we all make mistakes, and balancing is a VERY difficult thing to do, but the first thing we ALL should do (and definitely the ANet Devs themselves) is step out of that denial train (dogma much :) ) and then we can really start fixing the Necro (or balance as a whole for that matter).

Now you're just blatantly insulting me.

I'm not, nor have I ever said that necromancer's dps was great. It's "just fine"

The evidence you're presenting isn't even relevant to what I'm saying if you're trying to disprove me...

Lets play devil's advocate and say that I'm the religious nutter and you're the more educated scientist. I'm telling you god exists and offering up instances of "miracles" and to disprove them you're telling me that wheels are better round than square and that the sun is hot. I agree with you, but your statements are not on topic.

> @Scarran.9845 said:

> > @Obtena.7952 said:

> > Anet isn't balancing according to performance only due to the disparity in damage between classes and builds that is evident from damage output data that anyone can collect from the game. Miraculous!

>

> You do realize that performance is not just measured by DPS?

>

> Are you really being that naive to think that when someone mentions balanced by performance it automatically means how much DPS they can output?.

Really? That's great ... why don't you tell us what your idea of performance is and why all classes and builds have equivalent performances then. You seem to have lots to say about why I'm wrong, but little to offer to show it.