The unstoppable force of Black Gate

Hitman.5829

We are the only server that is not linked and yet we are the only server that owns every other server time and time again.

I have noticed that the problem is not population imbalance, it is skill based balance. All the good players are in black gate, the elite, the best of the best, we are the unstoppable force!

I roam alone and I have noticed that the people who are from a lower tier than 2 do not have any skill whatsoever, they are backpedalers, immobile targets, or they have the wrong builds.

And when we engage in serg fights, out 30 man serg easily destroys the 60 pugs and our inventory fills with bags.

If anet continues with this mentality of linking servers the only server that is going to win big is BEAST GATE! Do not match us against servers that don't have skill, please create an algorithm that measures skill and match us against them!

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> We are the only server that is not linked and yet we are the only server that owns every other server time and time again.

> I have noticed that the problem is not population imbalance, it is skill based balance. All the good players are in black gate, the elite, the best of the best, we are the unstoppable force!

> I roam alone and I have noticed that the people who are from a lower tier than 2 do not have any skill whatsoever, they are backpedalers, immobile targets, or they have the wrong builds.

> And when we engage in serg fights, out 30 man serg easily destroys the 60 pugs and our inventory fills with bags.

>

> If anet continues with this mentality of linking servers the only server that is going to win big is BEAST GATE! Do not match us against servers that don't have skill, please create an algorithm that measures skill and match us against them!

Being someone who was matched against BG a couple of times in the last few months, I can attest that there's absolutely no roaming or small-scale skill advantage to your server above what I've seen in others I've come across over the years. If anything, I found far fewer people BG people *willing* to roam solo, and those who did fairing worse than roamers on other servers. I assumed that had to do with less practice opportunities for T1 players.

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > We are the only server that is not linked and yet we are the only server that owns every other server time and time again.

> > I have noticed that the problem is not population imbalance, it is skill based balance. All the good players are in black gate, the elite, the best of the best, we are the unstoppable force!

> > I roam alone and I have noticed that the people who are from a lower tier than 2 do not have any skill whatsoever, they are backpedalers, immobile targets, or they have the wrong builds.

> > And when we engage in serg fights, out 30 man serg easily destroys the 60 pugs and our inventory fills with bags.

> >

> > If anet continues with this mentality of linking servers the only server that is going to win big is BEAST GATE! Do not match us against servers that don't have skill, please create an algorithm that measures skill and match us against them!

>

> Being someone who was matched against BG a couple of times in the last few months, I can attest that there's absolutely no roaming or small-scale skill advantage to your server above what I've seen in others I've come across over the years. If anything, I found far fewer people BG people *willing* to roam solo, and those who did fairing worse than roamers on other servers. I assumed that had to do with less practice opportunities for T1 players.

From my point of view, roaming is all I do, and I do it all alone nobody by my side to help. What I have seen is that lower tiers lack the skill to roam, I wreck 5 man groups easily because they are backpedalers.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> And when we engage in serg fights, out 30 man serg easily destroys the 60 pugs and our inventory fills with bags.

Troll thread, but I'll hand out some peanuts.

Every time I have my professional baseball team play random people off the street they win. I wonder why that is?

That's not "skill" and it happens in every tier. A voice chat organized group will almost always beat a bunch of randoms who do not have every role filled mulitple times with overlap.

Or, when I roam solo on my "specifically designed for 1 on 1 fight build", I easily destroy randoms I come across who might be pve'ers or may be in zerg support specs. Also, not a "skilled" victory.

You forgot to include buying 24 hour coverage in your suggestion to Anet.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> > @Choppy.4183 said:

> > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > We are the only server that is not linked and yet we are the only server that owns every other server time and time again.

> > > I have noticed that the problem is not population imbalance, it is skill based balance. All the good players are in black gate, the elite, the best of the best, we are the unstoppable force!

> > > I roam alone and I have noticed that the people who are from a lower tier than 2 do not have any skill whatsoever, they are backpedalers, immobile targets, or they have the wrong builds.

> > > And when we engage in serg fights, out 30 man serg easily destroys the 60 pugs and our inventory fills with bags.

> > >

> > > If anet continues with this mentality of linking servers the only server that is going to win big is BEAST GATE! Do not match us against servers that don't have skill, please create an algorithm that measures skill and match us against them!

> >

> > Being someone who was matched against BG a couple of times in the last few months, I can attest that there's absolutely no roaming or small-scale skill advantage to your server above what I've seen in others I've come across over the years. If anything, I found far fewer people BG people *willing* to roam solo, and those who did fairing worse than roamers on other servers. I assumed that had to do with less practice opportunities for T1 players.

>

> From my point of view, roaming is all I do, and I do it all alone nobody by my side to help. What I have seen is that lower tiers lack the skill to roam, I wreck 5 man groups easily because they are backpedalers.

Same. It's all I've really done for the last 4-5 years or so. Being on a server that gets linked to others, I've fought just about all NA servers in that time, and I've definitely not seen greater roaming skill on BG> As I said, assuming a solo roamer could actually be found (there were far fewer on BG, with groups of 5 or so being much more common), I generally found lower skill than what I've seen out of T2 or T3 roamers. It's just what I've seen.

Mag *used* to have an edge in this regard, but that was more after a big push to recruit fight guilds a while back. Now it's just like every other server.

That being said (no trollz), this has been the best weekend for months for BG matchup against SoS and YB. Generally, everyone likes to fight and everyone likes to PPT. There has been more solid strategy and coordinated moves this past weekend than I can recall in months with other opponents. I'd like to keep this matchup for many more weeks, please.

> @Artaz.3819 said:

> That being said (no trollz), this has been the best weekend for months for BG matchup against SoS and YB. Generally, everyone likes to fight and everyone likes to PPT. There has been more solid strategy and coordinated moves this past weekend than I can recall in months with other opponents. I'd like to keep this matchup for many more weeks, please.

you mean you didnt like fighting Mag? :'(

We ? are ? the ? only ? server that ? is ? not ? linked ? and ? yet ? we ? are ? the ? only ? server that ? owns every ? other ? server time ? and ? time ? again. ? I ? have ? noticed ? that ? the ? problem ? is ? not ? population imbalance, it ? is ? skill based ? balance. All ? the ? good ? players ? are ? in ? black ? gate, ? the ? elite, the ? best ? of ? the ? best, ? we ? are ? the ? unstoppable force! I roam alone ? and ? I ? have ? noticed ? that ? the ? people ? who ? are ? from ? a ? lower tier than ? 2 ? do ? not ? have ? any ? skill whatsoever, they ? are ? backpedalers, immobile targets, ? or ? they ? have ? the ? wrong ? builds. And when ? we ? engage ? in ? serg fights, out ? 30 ? man ? serg easily ? destroys the ? 60 pugs and ? our ? inventory fills ? with ? bags. If anet continues ? with ? this ? mentality of ? linking servers the ? only ? server that ? is ? going ? to ? win ? big ? is ? BEAST GATE! ? Do ? not ? match ? us ? against ? servers that ? don't ? have ? skill, please ? create ? an ? algorithm that ? measures skill and ? match ? us ? against ? them! ?

The "B" in BG stands for BLOB.. not beast. I'm talking 70+ running around typically vs 40 to 50 when you're talking about zerg fights. There's a reason why BG has not "needed" a linked server since linking began; BG is and has been overstacked.

It's that simple. Any other assessment is delusion.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> We are the only server that is not linked and yet we are the only server that owns every other server time and time again.

> I have noticed that the problem is not population imbalance, it is skill based balance. All the good players are in black gate, the elite, the best of the best, we are the unstoppable force!

> I roam alone and I have noticed that the people who are from a lower tier than 2 do not have any skill whatsoever, they are backpedalers, immobile targets, or they have the wrong builds.

>

> If anet continues with this mentality of linking servers the only server that is going to win big is BEAST GATE! Do not match us against servers that don't have skill, please create an algorithm that measures skill and match us against them!

Umm no not entirely. I have faced BG many times. Not saying that some BG players are not skilled. Because tbh they are. But most of it is just huge blobs that outnumber everything. if you have 50% more people than your opponent, unless there is some kind of fluke you will win each time. So BG is the place that Pugs love because it takes 0 skill to Blob your enemy. I guarantee if they took 25% of your pop and moved it someplace BG would drop fast.

One way to end BG's dominance would be to close just that one server and open up a replacement.

Of course, many the refugees would end up stacking another world, changing the name of the problem (but not the root cause: people like to 'win', people like to dominate, and people like to group up with others who have a similar play style).