Full Harrier support

Liviathan.5249

Both suggestions are valid ways to generate LF but will drastically reduce dps. It is more effective to run all punishment skills and trait their cool down while using Feast of Corruption and torch skills as much as possible.

Even while maximizing LF generation, Scourge's support ability has a lot of variability due to the varying population of add's.

This is really the first thing I feel is a design flaw in Scourge. The LoS shade and agony issues are bugs, in my book. They may persist for years but are still (probably) not intended. The dependence of the quality of support on LF feels like a design oversight. I mean, what if Druid's heals depended on pet health or Ele's skills strengthened or weakened per attunement depended on time of day?

> @Anchoku.8142 said:

> As I progress slowly toward the Griffin mount, I have noticed an in consistency in Scourge's performance regarding condi builds in open world bounties and other events.

>

> Wearing a mix of shaman's and other healing stat gear, Scourge appears to be dependent on add's for its support capability. Plenty of add's mean Scourge can support to its fullest but, when the add's run out or are not part of a bounty, the LF supply tapers off and Scourge becomes a bad support profession. I know Scourge is still playable but sceptre 2, torch, and utility skills need careful management while boss AoE keeps downing players and support output is definitely reduced.

>

> I have tried switching to MH axe on a power-Scourge for these types of events but am not satisfied with the resulting hybrid dps. I will make a spectral Scourge and see how it fares, next.

>

> This inconsistent performance is a larger issue for me than I first imagined. Going from more LF than I can use to not enough leaves me with an impression of an immature mechanic.

>

> Playing other professions are still a priority, though.

One important distinction to keep in mind when managing LF on Scourge is that LF costs of Shade abilities are scaled to base Health, whereas LF generation is based on Maximum Health. In other words, having high Vitality, e.g. Minstrels, allows you to manage your LF flow better.

> @Anchoku.8142 said:

> Both suggestions are valid ways to generate LF but will drastically reduce dps. It is more effective to run all punishment skills and trait their cool down while using Feast of Corruption and torch skills as much as possible.

>

> Even while maximizing LF generation, Scourge's support ability has a lot of variability due to the varying population of add's.

>

> This is really the first thing I feel is a design flaw in Scourge. The LoS shade and agony issues are bugs, in my book. They may persist for years but are still (probably) not intended. The dependence of the quality of support on LF feels like a design oversight. I mean, what if Druid's heals depended on pet health or Ele's skills strengthened or weakened per attunement depended on time of day?

Well. Full harrier wont do any dmg. So u can use dagger/focus cause it doesnt matter

Spotty maybe it is a stupid question but, what is the support role with a scourge ?

Because give Shields is like mmm nothing in PVE 1 auto attack from the mob and bye bye shield.

We don't have a good healing numbers like a rev or druid

We don't have nice buff like a chronomance or guardian or druid (spam might)

So why are we consider support? I love the idea of scourge support with shielded but I was waiting for something similar a disc priest on wow. And our shield are just decoration on pve

> @lagrimabendita.8763 said:

> Spotty maybe it is a stupid question but, what is the support role with a scourge ?

>

> Because give Shields is like mmm nothing in PVE 1 auto attack from the mob and bye bye shield.

>

> We don't have a good healing numbers like a rev or druid

>

> We don't have nice buff like a chronomance or guardian or druid (spam might)

>

> So why are we consider support? I love the idea of scourge support with shielded but I was waiting for something similar a disc priest on wow. And our shield are just decoration on pve

The only thing hes good at: cleansing conditions

Every 6 seconds 3 conditions gone on 10 people.

Healing is a joke

Barrier is still bad in pve

Scalings of heal and barrier skills are bad

> @Nimon.7840 said:

> > @Jaya.2760 said:

> >

> > I don't understand your argument. How is 600-700 heal/sec from firebrand much better then 1000+ heal/sec from transfusion?

> >

> > And sadly, barrier is healing from anets point of view. Otherwise it wouldn't be affected by agony in fractals and be treated like protection.

>

> Cause you cant have a 100% uptime of transfusion. And the lf cost ist so fking high. Guard does it for free

transfusion is 9 ticks, and with alacrity you can do it every 9 seconds

and the life force is easily paid for if you have staff or dagger on your weapon swap

Equipment is a mix of shaman's and viper's; no harriers for this condi support build.

Also, I am not claiming it is a good support build, only that I am trying to make it do some support while not being completely neutered in dps.

So far, I am not impressed.

p.s.

With only small-ish, temporary barriers that are vaguely equivalent to a 1 sec protection, and our typical shroud heal, Scourge is not much of a support elite but I am trying it out, anyway.