Fact or Fiction: Lower Tiers are less skilled than Higher Tiers

EremiteAngel.9765

lower tiers are more pvp oriented because people run for miles before seeing another loner and there isn't anything left to do but fight the other guy. Unless you want to run off. So if pvp 1v1 skills are what is in debate here, yea lower tiers should have more experience in them. But this is before the link system, so I'm not sure if this still applies anymore.

Higher tiers should cover other things like blob mechanics, people relationships and commander - blob dynamics. I'm no expert but in my zerging experience, blob v blob also needs good commander judgement and tests how players respond to their tags as well. So it's a different skill-set here. This debate is comparing apples to oranges. They are all fruits but one is sweet and the other is sour.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> > @Dawdler.8521 said:

> > Lol what even is this poll... higher tiers = more people = a larger amount of skilled people.

>

> ^ this. in higher tiers there are just going to be more skilled players even if the skill levels & percentages of skilled to unskilled players are the same. simply because there are more players.

Yes, but using your own logic there are also more unskilled and mediocre on higher tiers as well. Also note that the poll (flawed as it is) doesn't ask if there are more skilled players on higher tier servers, but whether lower tier servers are less skilled and higher tier servers are more skilled.

Most people seem to be landing on the side of "no", albeit for different reasons (some think higher tiers are less skilled, some people think there's no correlation between tier and skill, some think it depends on how you define skill, some think there's no difference, etc.)

well, for arguments sake ...

Skill isn't sending 120 men (60 man blobs from each server) to attack 30 - .......Skill is the fact that our 30 still took Stonemist castle and a few keeps despite those odds.

that's kinda hard to argue, and while we'd never beat blackgate, this is something they will never be able to do. Not like they'd ever get to fight us anyways lol

> @slimike.1693 said:

> Can confirm this is a fact. Xferd from Mag to ET, the pugs on hod absolutely suck...think FA had like a 3.1 kdr yesterday lmao, constant one pushes, im not sure half the server knows how to double dodge. Will be okay once more mag come tho

I'm fighting Mag right now and can confirm they're no better than HoD pugs, who I've also fought. Scrubbiness knows no server boundaries, nor does excellence.

Honestly, I've seen lots of stupid people on T2 servers doing things that nobody on a T5 (or T7) server would even think of attempting - such as throwing up balistae to protect a camp solo. Or pretending golem is some sort of 1vX god, and not just some player-driven pve boss.

Perhaps higher teir servers have larger zergs and better commanders, but I would argue that's where the ball stops.

It isn’t about skill tiers boil down to how many people they have. The higher tiers have more people so they have a higher advantage than the ones in the lower tiers. It doesn’t matter if you are highly skilled or not if it is a group of 20 vs a group of 50 the larger group will win. Yeah the 20 can be so skilled they will put up a fight and wipe a lot of the forces. But in the end the numbers prevail.

I find players are better at what they practice.

T1/T2 players are better at large scale fights because that's what they practice.

T3/T4 players are better at small scale fights because that's what they practice.

For example, Mag are good at 5-10 man gank squads killing single targets zerglings - because that's what they practice.

I have found however, that T3/T4 players when shoved into T1/T2 via links die very easily compared to legit T1/T2 players.

This isn't due to skill as much as it is due to their build. They need to run builds with more toughness, condi clears, group support etc.

Much of my own Scourge build revolves around keeping my allies alive as much it involves keeping myself alive.

Basically T3/T4 players need proper zerg builds and zerg armour when they get linked into T1/T2 server.

I've fought some people from lower tier servers in small scale and many of them are very skilled and many of them are trash (I consider myself average or slightly below average in terms of 1v1 skill).

I mainly think the lower tier server's problem is they just don't put as much emphasis on having builds appropriate for the circumstances.

The number of good players are proportional to the number of total players of the servers. If the server have 1000 people, 5% would means 50 people, 50 good people. If the server have 500 people, 5% would means 25 people, 25 good people. Sure, there will be servers where skilled players who want easy win will stack thus it will also be good to consider the number of guilds in the servers too. Thus, it is reasonable to say the number of guilds plus the number of total people can determine how good one server is compare to another.

In other words, if your link is capable of map queuing all 4 maps during reset and comparing to link that cannot do that, then surely you will find more good players in that bigger link.