Swappable sigils in legendary weapons

Zania.8461

I'm so in for this. Started a poll where like 95% of the ppl also wanted this functionality for the weapons but the poll got taken down with "we alreday told you not to open this poll again" as an explanation...plot twist, that was my first poll on these forums.../tinfoilhat

> @"Sarge shot Grif.6450" said:

> It would have been common sense to have this feature from the very beginning (since changing stats on your weapon will almost ALWAYS also require a sigil change) but the fact that it wasn't implemented alongside legendary armor is downright baffling.

That's because leg armor originally was meant to be a raid-only reward, and Anet wanted to beef it up to make raids even more enticing. There's no such motivation in place for legendary weapons however.

> @Astralporing.1957 said:

> > @"Sarge shot Grif.6450" said:

> > It would have been common sense to have this feature from the very beginning (since changing stats on your weapon will almost ALWAYS also require a sigil change) but the fact that it wasn't implemented alongside legendary armor is downright baffling.

>

> That's because leg armor originally was meant to be a raid-only reward, and Anet wanted to beef it up to make raids even more enticing. There's no such motivation in place for legendary weapons however.

Well it's not raid only now, so it would be nice if they reconsider changing the weapons to include sigil swamping.

Swap-able stats are were the legendary's #1 selling point to me; all new stats, best-in-slot till kingdom come, easy experimenting and no ton of slightly different ascended weapons to carry around. Perfect, except for the sigils. So this omittance bugs me every 2nd day.

Would be srsly nice if AN got this done, if they fear for the sigil economy, make them accound-bound after use in a legendary. Pretty please, once this is in, I'll buy some gems right away. ^^

The official answer was that they weren't going to do it because of a concern it would ruin the Sigil economy.

My response was that the Sigil economy was already ruined. Depending on what game mode you are playing, there are only 2-4 Sigils that are worth using. Between those and the limited release/super expensive to craft options, there are about 20 or so that have any TP value while the large majority of them are vendor trash.

Here are a few things that would fix the Sigil economy:

1. Allow all Runes/Sigils to be salvaged into rare/fine materials (i.e., not the leather/ore/cloth used to make them, but rather the lodestones or vials of blood, etc.). This would cause the glut of useless ones to instantly be given value.

2. Allow Superior Runes/Sigils to be forged. Expand the forge table to include ALL possible Runes/Sigils. This would further stabilize Runes/Sigils.

3. Add crafting recipes for ALL possible Runes/Sigils, and ensure that all recipes are always available.

4. Create a Mystic Forge recipe for a "Legendary Rune/Sigil" that uses a full stack of the Rune/Sigil as well as some other items (gifts, etc.). The Legendary Rune/Sigil is not an item in your inventory, but an account unlock that permits you to socket the "Legendary Rune/Sigil" in any item, as if you had the rune/sigil in your inventory. This will still replace any existing rune/sigil.

> @mtpelion.4562 said:

> The official answer was that they weren't going to do it because of a concern it would ruin the Sigil economy.

>

> My response was that the Sigil economy was already ruined. Depending on what game mode you are playing, there are only 2-4 Sigils that are worth using. Between those and the limited release/super expensive to craft options, there are about 20 or so that have any TP value while the large majority of them are vendor trash.

>

> Here are a few things that would fix the Sigil economy:

>

> 1. Allow all Runes/Sigils to be salvaged into rare/fine materials (i.e., not the leather/ore/cloth used to make them, but rather the lodestones or vials of blood, etc.). This would cause the glut of useless ones to instantly be given value.

> 2. Allow Superior Runes/Sigils to be forged. Expand the forge table to include ALL possible Runes/Sigils. This would further stabilize Runes/Sigils.

> 3. Add crafting recipes for ALL possible Runes/Sigils, and ensure that all recipes are always available.

> 4. Create a Mystic Forge recipe for a "Legendary Rune/Sigil" that uses a full stack of the Rune/Sigil as well as some other items (gifts, etc.). The Legendary Rune/Sigil is not an item in your inventory, but an account unlock that permits you to socket the "Legendary Rune/Sigil" in any item, as if you had the rune/sigil in your inventory. This will still replace any existing rune/sigil.

>

>

^^this is sound advice, right there.

As mentioned, the official reason as to why legendary weapons do not have the exchnage feature is the market.

Yes there is a great many good ideas how the inconvenience for the player can be reduced. Most of them do nit take into account the amount of gold which gets drained from the economy via the trading post. As long as that is not addressed, none of the ideas can be taken seriously. Rest assured, the sigil (and rune since full legendary armor is still a rare sight accross the entire playerbase) economy is quite significant and Arenanet has exact values as to how big.

To put legendary weapons now into perspective:

- on release legendary weapons had soldier stats and were of exotic quality. People had to transmute the desired skin onto a weapon with desired stats losing the legendary in the porcess (skins were habdled differently back then and there was no account wardrobe)

- stat swaping was non existant and was likely added to create more of a drive to make people craft legendarys as a longterm goal

- legendary weapons were character bound, account bound gear was unheard of

I'd say we've come a long way as far as convenience and quality of use is concerned. I wouldn't hold my breath on exchangable sigils any time soon.

There are two reasons to make legendary weapons:

Skin

Utility

How awesome legendary weapon skins are can be debated. Personally I made 2, one of which I like and one of which I don't hate. This is likely where me dumping tons of gold/materials for making legendary weapons will stop. I would make another 2-3 for convenience purposes, but lack of sigil swapping makes it highly unlikely. Stat swapping without sigil swapping is limiting - with the current AH prices it is cheaper for me to MF an ascended sword from box of ascended weapons than replace sigil of concentration in my Bolt.

I certainly understand why ANet wants to keep the sigil market healthy. However by doing so not only do they inconvenience the players, they are also losing the potential money/material sink from crafting additional legendaries.

• 2 weeks later...