Over stacked servers are demoralizing the playerbase.

SugarCayne.3098

So when we talk about a overstacked server, we talking NA? Ocx? SEA? EU?

This is how my weeks gone so far, Green WP SM, (means they had the coverage to do this) Then they go to bed, now Red has the numbers and Waypoints SM, papers a lot of things, now its getting late for them, so now Blues turn to have the numbers, same thing happens, waypoint on SM, everything gets papered, now Green is home from work, undoes all the damage, waypoints SM, rinse repeat next day. So all were overstacked at some point during the 24hrs in regards to the other 2, thats seems to me like its 20hrs of someone being outnumbered in one match up. (yes thats a guesstimate, sorry not playing for 24hrs to see what coverage it totally like)

How do you fix that?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Missy.7356 said:

> So when we talk about a overstacked server, we talking NA? Ocx? SEA? EU?

>

> This is how my weeks gone so far, Green WP SM, (means they had the coverage to do this) Then they go to bed, now Red has the numbers and Waypoints SM, papers a lot of things, now its getting late for them, so now Blues turn to have the numbers, same thing happens, waypoint on SM, everything gets papered, now Green is home from work, undoes all the damage, waypoints SM, rinse repeat next day. So all were overstacked at some point during the 24hrs in regards to the other 2, thats seems to me like its 20hrs of someone being outnumbered in one match up. (yes thats a guesstimate, sorry not playing for 24hrs to see what coverage it totally like)

>

> How do you fix that?

You cant fix that unless you have people on your server during those timezones. The skirmish system mitigates the effect that coverage gaps have on scoring, as opposed to the old system. WvW is a 24/7 game mode, there is no way to ensure population equality, imbalance is an inherent aspect of such a game mode.

Look at T1 / T2 NA match manipulation.

Everyone in T2 is vying to stay in second place.

We don't want to go to T3 because we just wipe everyone.

We don't want to go to T1 because Blackgate is so over stacked it isn't funny.

Last week JQ ordered everyone to stop PPT to avoid advancing to T1.

We tanked so much that we almost got knocked into T3 as FA tried to take second place from us.

A last minute PPT session ensured we remained second in T2.

So this week T2 has Mag. Mag is fully tanking this week to avoid winning T2 and going back to fight Blackgate.

JQ doesn't want to win also but we're too stupid to organise ourselves this week.

Basically for about 6 servers (YB/SoS/DB/FA/JQ/Mag) in the competition the winner is the server that gets second place in Tier 2.

**TL;DR**

**The fact we're all trying to orchestrate match outcomes to get second place in T2 avoid playing overstacked Blackgate is a sign that something is wrong in WvW.**

**The servers need to OPEN.**

> @dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

> Basically for about 6 servers (YB/SoS/DB/FA/JQ/Mag) in the competition the winner is the server that gets second place in Tier 2.

>

> **TL;DR**

>

> **The fact we're all trying to orchestrate match outcomes to get second place in T2 avoid playing overstacked Blackgate is a sign that something is wrong in WvW.**

>

> **The servers need to OPEN.**

>

YB, SoS, DB, and Mag all have open links. Opening the servers honestly will do nothing with regards to players trying to avoid T1. The issue is one of playstyle.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> I personally wouldn't say overstacked servers demoralizes to playerbase at all. I'd instead say that overstacked servers are more of a insult to the playerbase if anything. Here are the reasons why I say this.

>

> In my 16 plus years of MMO gaming. GW2 is the first that this, has become such a issue in. Other MMOs I've played would have by.

>

> - Permanently merged servers. (BnS and ESO are perfect examples of this.)

> - Destroyed the servers who en masse exploited the population system. In order to overstack in the first place. (BnS was a perfect example of this.)

> - Change the mechanics of the game mode, to adapt to the current population issues. In a way that gives more incentives to players to fight fairly. Rather than overstack and out blob others down and PvD, for easier rewards. (ESO is a perfect example of this, ZOS changed the mechanics of ESO twice to help with these issues.)

> - Give players the tools to fight against outnumbered situations, through coordination and tactics. (Look towards ESO, Eve Online, PS, and DCUO for example of this)

> - Give decent incentives for small groups on maps. (Look at ESO, and Eve Online for examples of this.)

> - Make it somewhat difficult for one huge overwhelming K-Training omni blob to control the whole map. (ESO's Alliance War is a perfect example of this. Eve Online is still making active strives towards this goal.)

>

> All of this is coming from my experience in PS2, Eve Online, DCUO, BnS, and ESO.

>

> However none of these will ever happen in GW2. Because then god forbid if the casuals just can't stack and win. Oh no guys, the world would end if that came to past.

>

> Which is why any discussion on population balance is in vain. Because population imbalance is ANet's tool of choice. To use to elevate the gamers who are just simply garbage. To levels above gamers who are actually quite decent or better. BG is a prime example of this. Look at the types of players who decided to stack the living crap out of that server, just for sure unimposed wins through sheer numbers. Also server imbalance provides ANet with extra money.

>

> And players wonder why the WvW population, is not only in it low capacity state. But also in state of feeling so neglected and insulted to the point, Many have stopped players or no longer financially support the game.

For 5 years, a defender behind a wall is at a disadvantage... You need to get to the edge of the wall to attack people down below (and risk getting pulled), while people under the wall can easily stack AoEs on the wall and kill the people on it.

To me that sums up the amount of thought and dedication put into WvW by Arena Net. It could have been the second best part of the whole game, and it was fun for the first few weeks, before people figured out how to exploit the system. But it will never become anything unless there's a huge overall on Arena Net's culture.

> @dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

> Look at T1 / T2 NA match manipulation.

>

> Everyone in T2 is vying to stay in second place.

>

> We don't want to go to T3 because we just wipe everyone.

> We don't want to go to T1 because Blackgate is so over stacked it isn't funny.

>

> Last week JQ ordered everyone to stop PPT to avoid advancing to T1.

> We tanked so much that we almost got knocked into T3 as FA tried to take second place from us.

> A last minute PPT session ensured we remained second in T2.

>

> So this week T2 has Mag. Mag is fully tanking this week to avoid winning T2 and going back to fight Blackgate.

> JQ doesn't want to win also but we're too stupid to organise ourselves this week.

>

> Basically for about 6 servers (YB/SoS/DB/FA/JQ/Mag) in the competition the winner is the server that gets second place in Tier 2.

>

> **TL;DR**

>

> **The fact we're all trying to orchestrate match outcomes to get second place in T2 avoid playing overstacked Blackgate is a sign that something is wrong in WvW.**

>

> **The servers need to OPEN.**

>

This the the most competitive scene I have seen in WvW in recent years. Trying hard to PPT to second place. Thank you BG and t3 for making t2 so competitive.

Plz fix, too much competition will burn people out.