Support response time [merged]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Daddicus.6128 said:

> Go back into the ticket and ping it again, so they know it's still active.

See, I like this idea. But, for those of us who can't access our account (this is my sons) there is no way to ping it other than reply to the "receipt" email; which I have done twice now. It's been 8 days for me. Hell, because I can't ping it I'm not even sure it's still open.

At one point I had thought about just creating a new account and playing that way. But I don't want to lose any vet perks/rewards from an original account.

The thing that is frustrating is that they have such an unbelievably difficult process for changing your password. I imagine some people have their game code still, but Id imagine most don't. On top of that you need to remember a character name. Normally not a big deal, but I haven't played for 4 years. I honestly don't remember.

I honestly can't comprehend why their is not a link and a security question just to change the password. That would be so much easier for returning players, not to mention, I imagine, it would lessen this backlog considerably.

This is just nuts.

> @BodeanG.6823 said:

> > @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > Go back into the ticket and ping it again, so they know it's still active.

>

> See, I like this idea. But, for those of us who can't access our account (this is my sons) there is no way to ping it other than reply to the "receipt" email; which I have done twice now. It's been 8 days for me. Hell, because I can't ping it I'm not even sure it's still open.

>

> At one point I had thought about just creating a new account and playing that way. But I don't want to lose any vet perks/rewards from an original account.

>

> The thing that is frustrating is that they have such an unbelievably difficult process for changing your password. I imagine some people have their game code still, but Id imagine most don't. On top of that you need to remember a character name. Normally not a big deal, but I haven't played for 4 years. I honestly don't remember.

>

> I honestly can't comprehend why their is not a link and a security question just to change the password. That would be so much easier for returning players, not to mention, I imagine, it would lessen this backlog considerably.

>

> This is just nuts.

>

>

>

>

Replying to the automated response, or any other response from the CS Team _is_ pinging/updating your ticket. There is a security 'question' for easily changing your password; it's your Serial Key (you should always keep Serial Keys in a safe place) and a Character name.

You can always create a Play4Free account to play while you await a resolution, just for fun, if you so desire.

Welcome return, and good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Replying to the automated response, or any other response from the CS Team _is_ pinging/updating your ticket. There is a security 'question' for easily changing your password; it's your Serial Key (you should always keep Serial Keys in a safe place) and a Character name.

You and I both know that their so called "security question" is crap. I have played most of the major MMOs, as I imagine you have, and I have only once been asked for a game code for something as simple as a password reset, guess by who...

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> That's your opinion, and you really should not assume, as it makes an....well, the saying is quite common.

Of course it's my opinion, I wrote it. Thanks.

So, you are implying that I'm an ass because I guessed you might have played most MMOs? A reasonable guess this day and age. Did you do it because I hurt your feelings by criticizing ANET? Most of your posts that I have recently read seem to champion Anet and imply or suggest or convey that we, the players with the concerns, are the ones who are in the wrong. You should probably stick to the posts where you offer real help, not add to the frustration of those frustrated with inane and unhelpful thoughts.

Thanks. Good Luck ;)

> @Devildoc.6721 said:

> Their response time used to be pretty good but now you can wait over a week for a response.

I would hope they have metrics in place to monitor this.

I would hope they have a time limit set that once they go past flags go up.

I would've have hoped that the "receipt" email would then have stated a minimum time frame of "...at least X days..." with a warning attached that it could be an extended period. Info that would've calmed me down.

The main problem is we don't know. We can guess/approximate based on evidence presented by others on these forums. But, that's it. I don't know how they age tickets. I don't know what importance is placed on tickets. For example, does a ticket where someone can log in to their actual account have a higher importance than someone who had to file anonymously, like myself.

Lack of information is my main frustration.

Have hope, guys! My 9 day old ticket got answered and resolved today!

**I recommend people avoid sending tickets for now--unless your account got hacked--to lower the weight on the support team.** PLEASE. I feel for the people who have had their accounts hacked. I had my WoW account hacked once and got an email from Blizzard saying I was banned for Gold Selling back in like 2008 or something. I told them I hadn't logged in for years and we worked it out, and I got my account back. So, please, refrain from anything like gem refunds, just hold onto the item you need refunded and send the ticket when things are letting up.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" Can you let us know when the Support team has caught up with most of the tickets? Or is that bad policy?

> @AegisRunestone.8672 said:

> Have hope, guys! My 9 day old ticket got answered and resolved today!

>

> **I recommend people avoid sending tickets for now--unless your account got hacked--to lower the weight on the support team.** PLEASE. I feel for the people who have had their accounts hacked. I had my WoW account hacked once and got an email from Blizzard saying I was banned for Gold Selling back in like 2008 or something. I told them I hadn't logged in for years and we worked it out, and I got my account back. So, please, refrain from anything like gem refunds, just hold onto the item you need refunded and send the ticket when things are letting up.

>

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" Can you let us know when the Support team has caught up with most of the tickets? Or is that bad policy?

People with legitimate support issues should not refrain from submitting tickets or wait to send their ticket simply because support is apparently overwhelmed. Also some issues like refunds are often time limited so waiting until support gets caught up could cause problems for the person with the issue.

@"JustTrogdor.7892" True. I meant refraining from very simple tickets. Anything that's a legitimate problem is fair game. It depends on the person and what they think is fair game and I can't stop them there (nor should I). I was giving my recommendation, and no one has to follow it. I'm not anyone's parent. :p

For the most part, the main point of that post was there's hope!

So.... I am still new to the game and I bought HoT and did my free character boost. I boosted an Ele and my dumb*** didn't try out other classes before hand. So I went ahead and sent in a ticket to Anet to see if I could get a "redo" on my boost and this was about 4 days ago. I even told them that if there is nothing that they can do for me, that is fine, I would just lie to get a response from them. This makes me feel like they really do not care about their player base and that they could care less if their players were having issues. I do know that I am not the only one complaining about the long wait times. I am native to WoW and they are really prompt when it comes to tickets. Can someone please provide me with some insight as to why Anet takes forever?

Generally, they're not too bad, but they currently have a massive backlog with having recently released PoF. I understand there were a ton of payment and delivery issues. I've heard of people waiting upwards of 4 weeks for replies. You might be better off just to use the Ele or start a new character from scratch. You could probably have a new character to 80 before getting a reply from support. ;)

> @Leamas.5803 said:

> Generally, they're not too bad, but they currently have a massive backlog with having recently released PoF. I understand there were a ton of payment and delivery issues. I've heard of people waiting upwards of 4 weeks for replies. You might be better off just to use the Ele or start a new character from scratch. You could probably have a new character to 80 before getting a reply from support. ;)

Yeah. I have already gotten a Mesmer to 72 but would like to use the boost on something else that i am going to enjoy playing. I thought I liked the Ele.... But not so much.....

I understand that this is a FTP game, but you would think that they would value the customer base that they have. Those of us that have bought the expansions, have actually put money into the game. I am not saying that we should get special privileges, but come on. When someone is spending money on your "goods", I believe that you would want to take care of them. Just saying.....

Is it common for tickets to go 4-7 days without any sort of response or update? My other account was compromised and subsequently banned for RMT (my fault I guess) and I've submitted a ticket to try and have the account restored. We're going on 5 days without any sort of update or response from CS at all. I was just wondering if this is typical or are they abnormally inundated with tickets?

From what I understand, they have a large backlog of tickets from the PoF launch and what not. A few people have expressed concern/anger over the wait, but its understandable. Just frustrating too. Ive been waiting about 18 days for a response to a ticket :/. Apparently the average is anywhere from 2 weeks+, some claiming to have been waiting a month. Hopefully you can get your account sorted soon, though. Good luck!