[GC] Guild's opinion of PoF gold farming

> @DakotaCoty.5721 said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > I do understand that pof needs some improvement.

> > The part I don't share is

> >

> > > Make the keys cheaper, make buying them cheaper. **Whatever it is to make PoF supersede Silverwastes**.

> >

> > I would appreciate more if there would be an alternative ( in every expansion ).

> > I don't know how much tsw is better if compared to pof farm, but they could definitely work on pof comparing it to tsw.

>

> If I could have it my own way, I'd love to have SW for X farming items, and PoF for X farming items, both equally as profitable if you decide to cash in - that's just me personally, though.

Would be nice too.

The main problem imho is that there's only one too good place if compared to others ( which is sw ).

There should be different places ( and as you proposed, with different but more or less equal rewards ).

I know that there will always be the best place of the moment, but even so a small gap between rewards could solve everything.

On one hand, it could be 25g per hour vs 18g per hour.

On the other hand it could be 25g per hour vs 23g or 27g per hour.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> In my opinion, there is nothing broken and nothing needs to be fixed. In fact, I assume it's the other way round: this all is probably intended and a fix to existing farming. Only my personal opinion.

That assumption is nice and good but what you have to realize is this is an MMO. People play this not for the mechanics - but for the loot. It's a loot-based game with loot-based incentives. Whether that's a vertical loot grind or a horizontal loot grind is not what matters. People play MMOs for loot.

If the expansion gives no meaningful loot people will not play it. I certainly haven't touched PoF in over a month because there's no loot in there for me. No cosmetic loot and no gold/materials to be farmed.

If me and many others don't play the content than Anet have wasted their time producing it and it will become a failure ( if it isn't already).

For a developer the equation is simple - time put in developing vs time players play it. If players don't play it then you've wasted your time developing it. That's why a lot of the core GW2 content has been abandoned - not enough people play it.

So it is a problem - if people don't play the expansion this early after its release I'd say the expansion has either already failed or is going to soon. Increasing profitability for PoF areas would be in my opinion a good step in the right direction.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Who is CG and why is their opinion more important?

I don't know who these guys are but what they're saying is important because it's highlighting issues with PoF that many others have encountered as well.

You and other posters might say "oh but this post highlights exactly what I think is right and this shouldn't change" - good - just wait until - 6 months from now - you won't be able to kill the legendary bosses in PoF because nobody will be doing them. Or anything else in the expansion.

> @YoukiNeko.6047 said:

> > @jinfury.9504 said:

> > > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > > > @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > > > In my opinion, there is nothing broken and nothing needs to be fixed. In fact, I assume it's the other way round: this all is probably intended and a fix to existing farming. Only my personal opinion.

> > >

> > > Some people seem to like farming simulator.^^

> >

> > And what will you do when you already finish admiring this new beautiful world ?! It's an mmo kitten you need all the dailes, farming and repeating content to keep people busy it's not a single player game... And eveything beside metas and material farm are getting boring fast cause you need something profitable to do and PoF offers nothing...

>

> Well back in the days MMORPGs were more about the community and not so much about farming gold 24/7.

Those days are now what? 5-10 years behind us now? Loot drives the community now. This has been proven time and time again and is true for GW2's community as well.

Remember the first dungeon reward buff? Everyone ran dungeons. Remember when they nerfed those rewards into the ground? Nobody ran dungeons.

> @Erasculio.2914 said:

> "Grind Coven". Wow. At least they're honest.

>

> The bullet list in the OP makes me think, "ArenaNet is doing a nice job", like others have said.

>

> > @jinfury.9504 said:

> > And what will you do when you already finish admiring this new beautiful world ?! It's an mmo kitten you need all the dailes, farming and repeating content to keep people busy

>

> And? You already have the Silverwastes. If somewhere else were more profitable, the grinders would just move from the Silverwastes to there. If PoF isn't as profitable, that just means the grinders will stay in the Silverwastes.** If the grinders were more concerned about having fun than about profit, they would play in PoF** regardless of it being less profitable than the Silverwastes.

>

> It's pointless to change this. All ArenaNet would get is moving the grinders from one map to another, and it's nice that the grinders are restricted to the Silverwastes (which isn't good for anything else anyway).

>

>

Implying PoF is in any way more fun than SW was and still is.

Implying there's something to do in PoF other than just run around.

Moving the grinders to PoF would at least make it seem like it's a good expansion with stuff going on. At the rate this is going it's going to be empty in a few months.

> @Ashen.2907 said:

> > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > @Ashen.2907 said:

> > >

> > > > **TL;DR**:

> > > > PoF cannot mechanically be profitable

> > >

> > > This is factually inaccurate. A complete falsehood actually. If I receive a drop in PoF and sell it, without spending coin in the process, then I have profited in PoF.

> >

> > That's...that's not how it works. I guess I should park all my characters at starter zone jp chests and profit from the phat loot of medallions. Fact.

> >

> >

>

> That is exactly how it works.

>

> Now, of course other forms of play may be MORE profitable than starter zone JP rewards or PoF, but that doesn't mean that those game elements are not profitable.

I think you know exactly what they meant with what they said and are just trying to appear more clever by splitting hairs.

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> I'm pretty sure the bounty chests were designed for players to find solo - not running around as a huge squad all trying to loot the same chest/s at the same time.

>

> PoF as a whole is designed to be more solo friendly, presumably because so many people said they hated that most of HoT requires playing with a group of some sort (not necessarily an organised group, but you need other people doing the same things on the same map to succeed). If you just want ways to farm gold then there's already plenty of options in the game.

>

> Overall this post reads like people trying to force PoF to be something it's not. Like the people who try to play a guardian as if it's a GW1 monk and then complain that the profession sucks because it's not a monk and they can't force it to be a monk.

Solo friendly? Sure.

But even then the bounty chests aren't worth the effort. This isn't just coming from me - a hardcore player either. I've seen casuals not bother with them. They're too far away and require to much hassle for what they give you in the end.

**Remember when HoT was something it wasn't? When it was super hard to grind currency and everything and people complained on the forums and forced HoT to be something it wasn't? Remember HoT 2.0 when EVERYTHING was made more accessible and easier to get? If that happened then - I see no reason this shouldn't happen now.

If HoT could be made more accessible and casual friendly by reducing its grind because of QQ on the forums I see no reason not to spam the forums with endless QQ until PoF is changed into a grind-fest-farm. Why not?**

I wish the OP had separated the awesome research into one thread and created a second to describe their opinion of the situation.

It's worth recognizing the care and time that went into CG's summaries:

* Silverwastes RIBA farming can generate 30-40g/hour (based on previous work by CG & others). Requires particular methods and conversion of bandit crests to reach that amount

* Treasure Hunt rewards max out at 15-21g/hour, even for a full squad.

* Bounty loot accumulates more slowly (the detailed amounts weren't posted anywhere that I could se).

* Trade Contracts are not currently a good value for the time required to farm them, because the monetization rate is low.

Those statements are independent of anyone's opinion about whether any of that is good for the game or not.

> @DakotaCoty.5721 said:

> CG made a statement about how PoF mechanically makes itself impossible to farm profitably.

As phrased, it's really misleading. It would be more correct to say it cannot be more profitable than farming Silverwastes. It also turns out to be competitive with some other farms.

That opening statement has colored the discussion (both here and on Reddit) and that's unfortunate. CG is doing for farming what QT does for Raid DPS and DT does for Fractal speedclears: testing a variety of techniques to identify the optimally efficient methods of farming.

However, as with DPS, "efficient" doesn't always mean "best" for any particular person. Many in CG can probably do RIBA farms every day for hours; I'm lucky if I can tolerate one per month without getting bored out of my gourd. And that's fine: it's a big game; plenty of room for all kinds of players.

The problem occurs when people try to insist that the game would be better if everything was equally popular or equally efficient for farming... or if it's better that they aren't. The truth is that a successful MMO needs to appeal to all sorts of playstyles.

tl;dr I accept CG's word (based on their data) that PoF isn't very efficient to farm. I don't agree that's sufficient reason for ANet to change the mechanics (it's an important point; it's not the only thing worth considering).

> @YoukiNeko.6047 said:

> > @jinfury.9504 said:

> > > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > > > @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > > > In my opinion, there is nothing broken and nothing needs to be fixed. In fact, I assume it's the other way round: this all is probably intended and a fix to existing farming. Only my personal opinion.

> > >

> > > Some people seem to like farming simulator.^^

> >

> > And what will you do when you already finish admiring this new beautiful world ?! It's an mmo kitten you need all the dailes, farming and repeating content to keep people busy it's not a single player game... And eveything beside metas and material farm are getting boring fast cause you need something profitable to do and PoF offers nothing...

>

> Well back in the days MMORPGs were more about the community and not so much about farming gold 24/7.

You can be social and farm gold, while I don't talk much in-game, but every time I do any sort of farming the map/squad is generally talking to each other, and fooling around. From time to time there's even drama. Many forms of gold farming in games is a group/community effort anyways for efficiency.

> @Harper.4173 said:

> That assumption is nice and good but what you have to realize is this is an MMO. People play this not for the mechanics - but for the loot. It's a loot-based game with loot-based incentives. Whether that's a vertical loot grind or a horizontal loot grind is not what matters. People play MMOs for loot.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalse.

Speaking about assumptions, it's really in poor taste to think that you know why everyone plays MMORPGs, or that someone shares your reason.

Saying it's not profitable is a lie- it IS profitable- you definitely do NOT make a loss- I gold farm PoF bounty trains once leather farm starts killing my brain cells with how boring it is for much attention is needed. Maybe that's not fast enough for gold farmers because it IS slower than other methods, but it's actually great for casual gold farming because it's still...pretty fast? It is something you can farm. And that's fine as it is, imo, though a little more guarenteed money would be nice.

> @Harper.4173 said:

> > @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > In my opinion, there is nothing broken and nothing needs to be fixed. In fact, I assume it's the other way round: this all is probably intended and a fix to existing farming. Only my personal opinion.

>

> That assumption is nice and good but what you have to realize is this is an MMO. People play this not for the mechanics - but for the loot. It's a loot-based game with loot-based incentives. Whether that's a vertical loot grind or a horizontal loot grind is not what matters. People play MMOs for loot.

>

> If the expansion gives no meaningful loot people will not play it. I certainly haven't touched PoF in over a month because there's no loot in there for me. No cosmetic loot and no gold/materials to be farmed.

> If me and many others don't play the content than Anet have wasted their time producing it and it will become a failure ( if it isn't already).

> For a developer the equation is simple - time put in developing vs time players play it. If players don't play it then you've wasted your time developing it. That's why a lot of the core GW2 content has been abandoned - not enough people play it.

>

> So it is a problem - if people don't play the expansion this early after its release I'd say the expansion has either already failed or is going to soon. Increasing profitability for PoF areas would be in my opinion a good step in the right direction.

You'd be surprised how thats not really the case. GW2 attracted the second largest MMO population by getting away from WoW's shallow game mechanics, which were propped up by a reward system that Racketeer'd its own gear tread mill. The ONLY reasons this worked was WoW's ability to facilitate a social environment for casual and hardcore players alike, and whose recapture rate relies heavily on social pressure to adopt it as a standard societal meeting place. Facebook, Twitter, even MySpace shared that status at one point in their lives, and had kept them alive until something with more addictive qualities could take its place.

What GW2 got wrong was not building a system of social and personal addiction using a Carrot on a Stick method of reward chasing. And notice how those elements are in the game now, and are the center of so many complaints for not be egregious enough in their length and density. Compare this to Diablo 2, which is arguably the prototype for WoW's loot drop system. The game's strongest aspect is the ability to find incrementally better loot on an irregular basis, as it feeds a primal notion that best in slot should always be used, no matter how minor the difference. The key here is that this loot cycle tends to come at no cost to the player; that is until they start thinking globally, and will start trading to fulfill this urge. You'll notice when rarity causes the drop rate of these incrementally better items to fall below a threshold (which has been steadily shortening over the years), players will seek alternatives to reach those new heights.

So when you look at GW2 at launch, the gear system had a rapid progression to satisfy the PvE players and their learning curb, but capped quickly to allow players to get into PvP and WvW as quickly as possible. Crafting was also tacked on to supplement gear production shortfalls, and give a supply system for the otherwise uncontrollable secondary market for skins (a necessity in GW1, due to how rare these drops were). Like GW1, the game wanted you to move around laterally between various short, but clearly vertical sections of content. When you got bored with one, you can shift off of it completely to something else, and later revisit it so as not to burn you out completely. But that fell apart when players refused to move laterally, and demanded purely vertical content setups. And the more it adopted those formats, the more it began running into WoW's content burn out problem.

WoW is so deep into a vertical progression system, that its basically impossible to open a lateral line to another content string, because the players think its "invalidating their progress". Its also unfriendly to Alts- with the only way to address it by depreciating old content to make leveling through them faster. The longer those progression strings become, the deeper the hole gets..... and if you think about it, thats why most modern MMOs only have a peak life cycle of 8-16 months, and then switch to a more casual friendly system of player churn in order to monetize what little it can before shutting down. GW2 had come back from the dead TWICE because of its low barrier for entry..... but its now trying to cater to a market looking for a Second Job then an actual game. And that applies to both hardcore and casual ends of the spectrum..... PvE wants more accumulation of wealth and status symbols, Raiders want exclusive content that purposely shuns outsiders, PvP and WvW players despise outsiders, but turn around and complain about needing more players too keep their critical mass. And stuck in the middle are a lot of players who demand "direction", but are getting pulled 5 different ways, where each end laments your uselessness as a PUG, and eventually just float around for awhile until they run out of things to do. The middle is where the community aspect is the strongest, but at the same time it has the least amount of direction, when its the segment that kind of needs it the most. The microcosm of this is represented perfectly in Open world events.... Everyone acting alone, together, and very much wanting to support each other; but eventually succumbing to apathy with the whole situation. Its no mystery why LS1 world events are considered the best content to date; because it rallies the whole community with a singular focus not seen anywhere else. Fragments of this were also seen in LS3, as the new maps sparked a flurry of intense cooperation... but burned out due to the reward system being the only thing trying to keep it together.

Considering everything happening today, the method of LS1 is hands down the smartest approach to handling existing players, as old content eventually get thrown aside if theres no reward system to exploit. And the only reason new players are irked by it, is that there being no effective way to revisit old content thats designed for Community wide cooperation.

> @Erasculio.2914 said:

> > @Harper.4173 said:

> > That assumption is nice and good but what you have to realize is this is an MMO. People play this not for the mechanics - but for the loot. It's a loot-based game with loot-based incentives. Whether that's a vertical loot grind or a horizontal loot grind is not what matters. People play MMOs for loot.

>

> Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalse.

>

> Speaking about assumptions, it's really in poor taste to think that you know why everyone plays MMORPGs, or that someone shares your reason.

Just because my statement doesn't apply to every player doesn't make it false. Writing "false" as you quote my statement does not make it false.

The statement applies to the majority of players and is an accurate portrayal of MMO players and their motivations. It certainly applies to the majority of GW2's player base.

People play MMOs to progress their character - that's done through the accumulation of wealth and resources which are in turn spent to obtain more power or better, rarer, cooler looks. That's GW2 in a nutshell.

It helps that the game has cool gameplay or a story added to it but those are NOT the main driving force behind GW2. GW2 works because it provides a palatable story, decent gameplay woven together with the fashion wars aspect of the game.

To put it simply - the chase for the carrot has to be decent - but without a carrot there is no chase - at least not for most players.

> @starlinvf.1358 said:

> > @Harper.4173 said:

> > > @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > > In my opinion, there is nothing broken and nothing needs to be fixed. In fact, I assume it's the other way round: this all is probably intended and a fix to existing farming. Only my personal opinion.

> >

> > That assumption is nice and good but what you have to realize is this is an MMO. People play this not for the mechanics - but for the loot. It's a loot-based game with loot-based incentives. Whether that's a vertical loot grind or a horizontal loot grind is not what matters. People play MMOs for loot.

> >

> > If the expansion gives no meaningful loot people will not play it. I certainly haven't touched PoF in over a month because there's no loot in there for me. No cosmetic loot and no gold/materials to be farmed.

> > If me and many others don't play the content than Anet have wasted their time producing it and it will become a failure ( if it isn't already).

> > For a developer the equation is simple - time put in developing vs time players play it. If players don't play it then you've wasted your time developing it. That's why a lot of the core GW2 content has been abandoned - not enough people play it.

> >

> > So it is a problem - if people don't play the expansion this early after its release I'd say the expansion has either already failed or is going to soon. Increasing profitability for PoF areas would be in my opinion a good step in the right direction.

>

> You'd be surprised how thats not really the case. GW2 attracted the second largest MMO population by getting away from WoW's shallow game mechanics, which were propped up by a reward system that Racketeer'd its own gear tread mill. The ONLY reasons this worked was WoW's ability to facilitate a social environment for casual and hardcore players alike, and whose recapture rate relies heavily on social pressure to adopt it as a standard societal meeting place. Facebook, Twitter, even MySpace shared that status at one point in their lives, and had kept them alive until something with more addictive qualities could take its place.

>

> What GW2 got wrong was not building a system of social and personal addiction using a Carrot on a Stick method of reward chasing. And notice how those elements are in the game now, and are the center of so many complaints for not be egregious enough in their length and density. Compare this to Diablo 2, which is arguably the prototype for WoW's loot drop system. The game's strongest aspect is the ability to find incrementally better loot on an irregular basis, as it feeds a primal notion that best in slot should always be used, no matter how minor the difference. The key here is that this loot cycle tends to come at no cost to the player; that is until they start thinking globally, and will start trading to fulfill this urge. You'll notice when rarity causes the drop rate of these incrementally better items to fall below a threshold (which has been steadily shortening over the years), players will seek alternatives to reach those new heights.

> So when you look at GW2 at launch, the gear system had a rapid progression to satisfy the PvE players and their learning curb, but capped quickly to allow players to get into PvP and WvW as quickly as possible. Crafting was also tacked on to supplement gear production shortfalls, and give a supply system for the otherwise uncontrollable secondary market for skins (a necessity in GW1, due to how rare these drops were). Like GW1, the game wanted you to move around laterally between various short, but clearly vertical sections of content. When you got bored with one, you can shift off of it completely to something else, and later revisit it so as not to burn you out completely. But that fell apart when players refused to move laterally, and demanded purely vertical content setups. And the more it adopted those formats, the more it began running into WoW's content burn out problem.

>

> WoW is so deep into a vertical progression system, that its basically impossible to open a lateral line to another content string, because the players think its "invalidating their progress". Its also unfriendly to Alts- with the only way to address it by depreciating old content to make leveling through them faster. The longer those progression strings become, the deeper the hole gets..... and if you think about it, thats why most modern MMOs only have a peak life cycle of 8-16 months, and then switch to a more casual friendly system of player churn in order to monetize what little it can before shutting down. GW2 had come back from the dead TWICE because of its low barrier for entry..... but its now trying to cater to a market looking for a Second Job then an actual game. And that applies to both hardcore and casual ends of the spectrum..... PvE wants more accumulation of wealth and status symbols, Raiders want exclusive content that purposely shuns outsiders, PvP and WvW players despise outsiders, but turn around and complain about needing more players too keep their critical mass. And stuck in the middle are a lot of players who demand "direction", but are getting pulled 5 different ways, where each end laments your uselessness as a PUG, and eventually just float around for awhile until they run out of things to do. The middle is where the community aspect is the strongest, but at the same time it has the least amount of direction, when its the segment that kind of needs it the most. The microcosm of this is represented perfectly in Open world events.... Everyone acting alone, together, and very much wanting to support each other; but eventually succumbing to apathy with the whole situation. Its no mystery why LS1 world events are considered the best content to date; because it rallies the whole community with a singular focus not seen anywhere else. Fragments of this were also seen in LS3, as the new maps sparked a flurry of intense cooperation... but burned out due to the reward system being the only thing trying to keep it together.

>

> Considering everything happening today, the method of LS1 is hands down the smartest approach to handling existing players, as old content eventually get thrown aside if theres no reward system to exploit. And the only reason new players are irked by it, is that there being no effective way to revisit old content thats designed for Community wide cooperation.

Honestly - it is the case.

GW2's audience is built on people who both like and dislike the wow system. What brought me to GW2 personally was not the lack of a "superficial" gear grind but rather the lack of "resets" every new expansion. Simply put I like a game where my progress remains relevant 1-2-3-4-5-6 years later. A legendary made today is still legendary 3 years from now. In WoW - best in slot gear becomes invalid with the next expansion. That's what brought me here.

Another reason WoW players came here was the lack of a VERTICAL grind. The lack of a VERTICAL POWER grind doesn't mean that this game should not have type of item grind. GW2 never said it was going to not have progression - that progression is simply horizontal - which means the more you progress the rarer and cooler your stuff looks (but your power level relative to another player remains roughly the same).

I believe your assumption that I'm wrong, and GW2 players don't enjoy the grind for loot as most MMO enthusiasts do is wrong. Time and time again THIS community has proven that when rewards are nerfed/taken away content engagement drops. It does so in both instanced content and open world.

Also there are some issues with what you're explaining. GW2 PvP has NEVER had anything to do with PvE gear. You could go into PvP at launch with no PvE items and be on an even playing field.

The problem with GW2 at launch - if we're going to address that - is that there weren't enough horizontal avenues to pursue after you'd gotten to level 80. Simply put there weren't enough skins. Even back then - the game lacked in this department. The problem here lies with horizontal vs vertical progression motivation.

Vertical progression is mostly self-explanatory and doesn't require a lot of developer effort. You have a weapon. It does +5 damage. The new one does +6 damage - it's easy to code, easy to make and people will quickly and easily understand why they'd want to get it and gravitate towards it.

Horizontal progression - especially skin-driven is different. You need the actual skins. Then - out of all those skins - the player has to like them. If he doesn't like them he won't engage and all that development time is wasted. And yes - skins take a LOT longer to make than simply adding +something to the stats of a weapon.

A horizontal system is subjective ( or more subjective ) compared to a vertical one - so its rate of adoption will be much lower. That's why players refused to move laterally - because they didn't find the reason to.

I also believe that given PoF's nature and type of content one can hardly accept that GW2 is now moving into a direction of catering those who "want a second job". I could have seen this statement made after HoT's launch - but now? today? I feel this is quite out of place.

I think what you're trying to express as a problem is the rift between "veterans" and "newcomers". To a veteran a newcomer will always be a burden in most cases, because in most cases the newcomer is not fully capable of being a valuable and reliable asset. Put shortly - I'd rather have another veteran with me than a newcomer in most situations if I care about performing well in the game. This isn't a content problem - this is a people problem. Look at today's job market - every employer wants job experience when they open a position BUT rarely do employers decide to hire inexperienced people.

You make a very good point again - LS3 - the maps - the rewards holding everything together. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Rewards drive MMOs. Without them the main drive behind them falters. PoF needs rewards to push people to play it if it is to succeed.

I still don't see how you disagree with my initial assessment that PoF needs better rewards.

> @Drecien.4508 said:

> You have a map to go farm at, Silverwastes. Leave POF alone. And btw, who is this guild.....oops lost interest.

Nah.

Casuals didn't leave HoT alone when HoT was hard and grindy - so HoT was made easy.

Now PoF is nice and casual and I think complaining on the forums is exactly what we need to do in order to make it nice and grindy. It's not just that I want to farm - but I want to farm in your map.

> @Harper.4173 said:

> The statement applies to the majority of players and is an accurate portrayal of MMO players and their motivations. It certainly applies to the majority of GW2's player base.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalse.

Honestly, it's kinda amusing to see that you assume you and your opinions represent something between the totally and the majority, or that you know what most players think. Really helps to put in context the old title of this topic, "a statement from GC".

As Vayne would say, that's just your opinion. It's meaningless considering you have no way of proving it.

I still from time to time go to PoF for about 10 minutes which refreshes why I dislike it so much and I leave. Everything aggros, has range, grindy hearts, and so on. Which is then reinforced by the metas not being there/good/worth it, the chest farms not being good/worth it, and then... and it goes on. That is, merely my opinion. There are areas of HoT where you will be destroyed, areas of LS3 where you will be annihilated, but they are either few and far between, have a purpose, or are intended to be hard.

I still like PoF, glad I bought it, enjoy the mounts, and maybe half the story I've completed because getting DC'ed in instances isn't fun.

> @DakotaCoty.5721 said:

> > @StinVec.3621 said:

> > > @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > > In my opinion, there is nothing broken and nothing needs to be fixed. In fact, I assume it's the other way round: this all is probably intended and a fix to existing farming. Only my personal opinion.

> >

> > I agree. Everything outlined only makes me say "Good job, ArenaNet!"

> >

> > Also...is it CG or GC? You say CG several times, but noted that it stands for Grind Coven, which is GC. Never heard of whoever it is anyway and am not interested to learn more considering they think the mechanics are broken because they can't farm them instead of working properly so as to prevent farming.

>

> I didn't say the mechanics are broken, I said the mechanics make the farm impossible to be profitable - I am guessing it was added for a reason, but I do feel that it's way too harsh or the loot drops from trade caches were over-nerfed.

That's entirely your opinions, and profitable means different things to different people...for example, the bounties, I know of at least one commander that leads almost nightly bounty trains(except Friday) and with the group of 50 none of the bounties take an inordinate amount of time, and for me personally it generates enough gold to satisfy my taste, and it's not as boring as doing RIBA9(since you're changing maps and running from bounty to bounty). As for the Treasure Maps, I think those are designed for individual use and not for group content, also, not only does Desert Highlands have a treasure hunting event but so does at least one other map(where there are superior chests, but I guess people don't pay attention to in game notices, I've seen the same announcement in Elon Riverlands), and I have no problem finding them, normally just use Griffon. Anyways, profitability is really a personal opinion, not everyone thinks of the same amount as being profitable...for me it's anywhere from 5 - 10 gold a night, as long as I have fun doing it, and I have fun doing the bounty train and just running around PoF doing what ever I come across, as long as I'm killing something.

This is usually how I farm:

I'm on a map and either something is going on or if someone mention something might be going on OR I randomly see an LFG while I'm in that specific area.

That or I have to head somewhere for something (like if I need Quartz Crystals and I head to Dry Top) and people are there, I will do things.

I've always found farming in any game really boring and never could do it for longer than a few minutes to maybe an hour.

The only time I can really stay long is if the people/conversation is good to listen to... that's why I could've stayed in the Halloween Labyrinth at times for hours because of the random nonsense some people say in there.