WvW Servers Unlock Please

veslarius.8425

> @Scar.6581 said:

> > @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

> > > @FogLeg.9354 said:

> > > There are plenty of open servers already. Get your friends to move from their overstacked long-queued full server into smaller server.

> >

> > Long queue servers don’t exist anymore :/

>

> What??? I am on SBI (currently T2) and there is at least a 30 minute queue for all maps every night with Friday being an exception with 1-2 hour queues. How long are you talking about?

>

> > @veslarius.8425 said:

> > huge zergs vs your little 15 mam group you managed to scrape together.

>

> Its weird, our server is closed but there always seems to be 3-4x as many people on the opposing worlds when we have a 20 man queue...

>

>

to be fair, both severs I have characters on ALWAYS say this....The other side ALWAYS has more

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > Open JQ, the only server that has a chance of rivaling BG.

> >

> > Unless BG don't want a valid rival and just fight grubs and doors all day.

>

> JQ can't even win their tier 2 matchup consistently.

Can't and don't want to are two different things. Full tank mode this week it seems.

> @Liston.9708 said:

> > @Scar.6581 said:

> > > @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

> > > > @FogLeg.9354 said:

> > > > There are plenty of open servers already. Get your friends to move from their overstacked long-queued full server into smaller server.

> > >

> > > Long queue servers don’t exist anymore :/

> >

> > What??? I am on SBI (currently T2) and there is at least a 30 minute queue for all maps every night with Friday being an exception with 1-2 hour queues. How long are you talking about?

> >

> > > @veslarius.8425 said:

> > > huge zergs vs your little 15 mam group you managed to scrape together.

> >

> > Its weird, our server is closed but there always seems to be 3-4x as many people on the opposing worlds when we have a 20 man queue...

> >

> >

>

> to be fair, both severs I have characters on ALWAYS say this....The other side ALWAYS has more

^^. This.

> @Liston.9708 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

> > > Open JQ, the only server that has a chance of rivaling BG.

> > >

> > > Unless BG don't want a valid rival and just fight grubs and doors all day.

> >

> > JQ can't even win their tier 2 matchup consistently.

>

> Can't and don't want to are two different things. Full tank mode this week it seems.

Then maybe it's every week then? They are the only other NA server without a link.

They can use any excuse they wish.

> > @Liston.9708 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

> > > > Open JQ, the only server that has a chance of rivaling BG.

> > > >

> > > > Unless BG don't want a valid rival and just fight grubs and doors all day.

> > >

> > > JQ can't even win their tier 2 matchup consistently.

> >

> > Can't and don't want to are two different things. Full tank mode this week it seems.

>

> Then maybe it's every week then? They are the only other NA server without a link.

>

> They can use any excuse they wish.

Unlike Mag, they can't blame their link.

> > @Liston.9708 said:

> > > > @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

> > > > Open JQ, the only server that has a chance of rivaling BG.

> > > >

> > > > Unless BG don't want a valid rival and just fight grubs and doors all day.

> > >

> > > JQ can't even win their tier 2 matchup consistently.

> >

> > Can't and don't want to are two different things. Full tank mode this week it seems.

>

> Then maybe it's every week then? They are the only other NA server without a link.

>

> They can use any excuse they wish.

No literally. JQ is tanking to stay out of t1 and not tank too much to be banished to t3. no one wants to deal with BG at the current state. And if our lord emperor cloud fly has spoken, you can guarantee that our ppt will do just that.

> @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

> > > @Liston.9708 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

> > > > > Open JQ, the only server that has a chance of rivaling BG.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unless BG don't want a valid rival and just fight grubs and doors all day.

> > > >

> > > > JQ can't even win their tier 2 matchup consistently.

> > >

> > > Can't and don't want to are two different things. Full tank mode this week it seems.

> >

> > Then maybe it's every week then? They are the only other NA server without a link.

> >

> > They can use any excuse they wish.

>

> No literally. JQ is tanking to stay out of t1 and not tank too much to be banished to t3. no one wants to deal with BG at the current state. And if our lord emperor cloud fly has spoken, you can guarantee that our ppt will do just that.

I am not arguing that it is happening.

Only stating it's an excuse.

He is also the reason you stay closed.

> > > > @Liston.9708 said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

> > > > > > Open JQ, the only server that has a chance of rivaling BG.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Unless BG don't want a valid rival and just fight grubs and doors all day.

> > > > >

> > > > > JQ can't even win their tier 2 matchup consistently.

> > > >

> > > > Can't and don't want to are two different things. Full tank mode this week it seems.

> > >

> > > Then maybe it's every week then? They are the only other NA server without a link.

> > >

> > > They can use any excuse they wish.

> >

> > No literally. JQ is tanking to stay out of t1 and not tank too much to be banished to t3. no one wants to deal with BG at the current state. And if our lord emperor cloud fly has spoken, you can guarantee that our ppt will do just that.

>

> I am not arguing that it is happening.

>

> Only stating it's an excuse.

>

> He is also the reason you stay closed.

As much as he is majorly responsible for JQ being closed, he is also the reason why JQ is still relevant (especially none NA prime) - and so are many other JQ leaders who are willing to lead the pugs, enjoy the fights, play the ppt game, appreciate and respond to calls to prevent people from being demoralised, making the server one of the most pug friendly server in NA.

JQ isn’t a small server, and can hold itself without links against most of the servers in NA. But it does not have the coverage (I.e. a suspect OCX population - holding on only because cloud fly and SEA players sometimes play earlier than usual) and numbers to deal with Blobgate, and even sometimes linked servers like Mag.

You may not be bashing on cloud fly, but I just mainly want to defend our server commanders for playing the ppt game, leading the pugs and show up to play the game.

When JQ opens up: **JOIN JQ**!!! You’ll be proud to call JQ your new home!

Open/Close, it doesn't change the core problem.

Anet needs to destroy all servers.

If you break up BG then JQ will be the server everyone complains about, or maybe Mag. Doesn't matter anymore. Newly locked servers with links still can't compete with the overstacked servers. It's been obvious for years that the players alone just can't or won't make WvW competitive (fun).

When players decide it's better to take a week off to have a better match next week you have a problem with the game.

Now servers are taking several weeks off to get a better link.

Next you'll see organized breaks so the server gets opened up.

None of these are good for WvW.

> @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

> Just want to add. JQ acitivity metric is really misleading. The only reason JQ has good ppt and high activity is because cloud fly is able to play almost 24/7 around the clock. JQ would only be at a t3 level of ppt without cloud fly. Please anet, consider this and give JQ a link or reconsider algorithm.

Lol... No. have him transfer. Then another server will be perm locked.

You don't want them changing the metric. It would get worse...

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > What's wrong with going to T1 for a server that plays the PPT game? T1 has always been the PPT tier for "relevant" servers.

>

> Well you'll have more population imbalance and will end up having nobody to fight if everyone that wanted to go to T1 got their way.

Explain.

> @Chaba.5410 said:

> What's wrong with going to T1 for a server that plays the PPT game? T1 has always been the PPT tier for "relevant" servers.

It's all about the gonads JQ is lacking in that department ,because BG are so much better than them and they just cannot come to terms with that. As for JQ looking for fights that is a misnomer when you have massive blob there is no fight just a steamroll . KDR is such a crock means nothing just shows the blob servers. Real WvWers care nothing of KDR its about fun.

Solution:

1. Open all servers (so all the bandwagoners can join Blackgate)

2. Let the weekly matchup reset.

3. When the new match starts, Blackgate players will log in to their own wvw matchup against themselves (each player will just be randomly stuck on a side when they log -red/blue/green). They say only they have skill and want fights...problem solved.

4. The remaining servers will be divided amongst the lower tiers where Anet can once again try and balance that.

5. Tada...everyone got what they wanted.

> @Ubi.4136 said:

> Solution:

> 1. Open all servers (so all the bandwagoners can join Blackgate)

> 2. Let the weekly matchup reset.

> 3. When the new match starts, Blackgate players will log in to their own wvw matchup against themselves (each player will just be randomly stuck on a side when they log -red/blue/green). They say only they have skill and want fights...problem solved.

> 4. The remaining servers will be divided amongst the lower tiers where Anet can once again try and balance that.

> 5. Tada...everyone got what they wanted.

My thoughts exactly , make it happen !!

> @Ubi.4136 said:

> Solution:

> 1. Open all servers (so all the bandwagoners can join Blackgate)

> 2. Let the weekly matchup reset.

> 3. When the new match starts, Blackgate players will log in to their own wvw matchup against themselves (each player will just be randomly stuck on a side when they log -red/blue/green). They say only they have skill and want fights...problem solved.

> 4. The remaining servers will be divided amongst the lower tiers where Anet can once again try and balance that.

> 5. Tada...everyone got what they wanted.

Of course, you would also have to do the same to Mag as 'all of the gvg people went there to retire' so they could just get fights among themselves.

Its funny, all of the 'fights oriented' old timers went there to fight..... who?

> @veslarius.8425 said:

> We'll for starters; If we could move 3 of our friends to my server it would cost 5400 gems, but my server is full. Two of theirs is full as well so for us all to move to the one that isn't full would cost 12600 gems. I'd rather not.

I don't really got the math behind how moving what seen to be about 4-6 people to a non full server is 12600 gems, but there are plenty of servers that are 500gems per person.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @veslarius.8425 said:

> > We'll for starters; If we could move 3 of our friends to my server it would cost 5400 gems, but my server is full. Two of theirs is full as well so for us all to move to the one that isn't full would cost 12600 gems. I'd rather not.

>

> I don't really got the math behind how moving what seen to be about 4-6 people to a non full server is 12600 gems, but there are plenty of servers that are 500gems per person.

You probably see it but I'll bite: they have a larger guild of, let's say 15 people on one server that is full, and three that are on other servers. To move all 15 plus one of the others would cost significantly more i.e. The 12600.

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @veslarius.8425 said:

> > > We'll for starters; If we could move 3 of our friends to my server it would cost 5400 gems, but my server is full. Two of theirs is full as well so for us all to move to the one that isn't full would cost 12600 gems. I'd rather not.

> >

> > I don't really got the math behind how moving what seen to be about 4-6 people to a non full server is 12600 gems, but there are plenty of servers that are 500gems per person.

>

> You probably see it but I'll bite: they have a larger guild of, let's say 15 people on one server that is full, and three that are on other servers. To move all 15 plus one of the others would cost significantly more i.e. The 12600.

The last phrase clearly say: **"for us all to move to the one that isn't full would cost 12600 gems. I'd rather not."**... I decided to do some extra math using 1800 server costs (Because it's the only cost I can properly divide 12600 for) and I came to the conclusion that it's a grand total of 7 people. However, like I said, there are servers where you can move to for 500gems per player, which mean you can easily move 7 people for 3500 instead of 12600. The OP simply don't want to go to a server of low cost, he want to be on a fat server. Well, enjoy the full status then...

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > @veslarius.8425 said:

> > > > We'll for starters; If we could move 3 of our friends to my server it would cost 5400 gems, but my server is full. Two of theirs is full as well so for us all to move to the one that isn't full would cost 12600 gems. I'd rather not.

> > >

> > > I don't really got the math behind how moving what seen to be about 4-6 people to a non full server is 12600 gems, but there are plenty of servers that are 500gems per person.

> >

> > You probably see it but I'll bite: they have a larger guild of, let's say 15 people on one server that is full, and three that are on other servers. To move all 15 plus one of the others would cost significantly more i.e. The 12600.

>

> The last phrase clearly say: **"for us all to move to the one that isn't full would cost 12600 gems. I'd rather not."**... I decided to do some extra math using 1800 server costs (Because it's the only cost I can properly divide 12600 for) and I came to the conclusion that it's a grand total of 7 people. However, like I said, there are servers where you can move to for 500gems per player, which mean you can easily move 7 people for 3500 instead of 12600. The OP simply don't want to go to a server of low cost, he want to be on a fat server. Well, enjoy the full status then...

Nice catch. I didn't see that, and I guess I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.