Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

> @leviathan.2148 said:

> > @Adamantium.3682 said:

> > I think you mixed up a few of those ECSU's and PBM's :open_mouth:

>

> kitten it, fixed. Thanks for pointing it out, it's morning here and I need my coffee :D

>

No problem I keep having to check the wiki as I'm typing because I'm getting them confused at this point too :)

I generally agree with you, TRV is almost a lock for condi DPS that's why I think it will be useful. Otherwise it would be the most "ho-hum" option, but that's a lot of burn.

The big draw of PBM to me is not just the big blast, but the +15% modifier afterwards! I don't think ECSU can do anything that competes with that when it hardly affects anything heat wise, could even be nothing if you don't use sword!

My guess is this is going to be top DPS for engi: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsanUUBlYh9ZB2aBcJjF2CD8DViCAfVoL0BovN+GzjA-jxhHQBA4EAQQlflb/BypHoWPAA6p+jGVCSKgFVWB-e

It's pretty much the same build as right now, because I don't think that holosmith adds enough power damage to justify grieving stats. I skipped tools because excessive energy has become much less useful, making tools IMO the least damage-modifying traitline. As for the traits, solar focusing lens should be the obvious choice, crystal configuration: storm because it makes you overheat faster, making the burning from solar focusing lens and damage from photonic blasting module available faster. Also it turns your auto attack into an explosion, making it profit from shrapnel (I guess) at the cost of a tiny bit of power damage. The reason I didn't go for the other two GM traits is because dodge rolling takes too much time and photon forge simply doesn't have enough conditions on it's own in order to deal damage. Enhanced capacity storage unit is nice but in a raid setting, you should get might elsewhere.

Rotation would be go forge, blast everything on cooldown and you should overheat within less than 10 seconds, then just run the rotation we use right now and throw in the occasional prime light beam. Rinse and repeat. Kinda disappointing, I know, but using photon forge would at least simplify the current rotation a little bit.

In PvP I'm probably going to run http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenUUB1IjVXBubBcJjFDDr/GuDHiipjPwGIMAMO2LA-jJR6gAolBw2fg+BAAcCAAA. Pretty much the same as the current scrapper build but less reliant on auto attacks and crystal configuration: storm will at least make you able to do some damage without delving into aoe-spam-death-zones. And I chose mender's amulet because heat therapy is quite capable of doing some healing but maybe marauder fits the offensive nature of holosmith more. Soothing detonation in inventions could also be a decent choice since with corona burst and shield 4 you have 2 more blast finishers than scrapper and also have elixir b for more swiftness uptime. I don't know, needs to be tested.

> @Stebene.9275 said:

> My guess is this is going to be top DPS for engi: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsanUUBlYh9ZB2aBcJjF2CD8DViCAfVoL0BovN+GzjA-jxhHQBA4EAQQlflb/BypHoWPAA6p+jGVCSKgFVWB-e

>

> It's pretty much the same build as right now, because I don't think that holosmith adds enough power damage to justify grieving stats. I skipped tools because excessive energy has become much less useful, making tools IMO the least damage-modifying traitline. As for the traits, solar focusing lens should be the obvious choice, crystal configuration: storm because it makes you overheat faster, making the burning from solar focusing lens and damage from photonic blasting module available faster. Also it turns your auto attack into an explosion, making it profit from shrapnel (I guess) at the cost of a tiny bit of power damage. The reason I didn't go for the other two GM traits is because dodge rolling takes too much time and photon forge simply doesn't have enough conditions on it's own in order to deal damage. Enhanced capacity storage unit is nice but in a raid setting, you should get might elsewhere.

>

> Rotation would be go forge, blast everything on cooldown and you should overheat within less than 10 seconds, then just run the rotation we use right now and throw in the occasional prime light beam. Rinse and repeat. Kinda disappointing, I know, but using photon forge would at least simplify the current rotation a little bit.

>

> In PvP I'm probably going to run http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenUUB1IjVXBubBcJjFDDr/GuDHiipjPwGIMAMO2LA-jJR6gAolBw2fg+BAAcCAAA. Pretty much the same as the current scrapper build but less reliant on auto attacks and crystal configuration: storm will at least make you able to do some damage without delving into aoe-spam-death-zones. And I chose mender's amulet because heat therapy is quite capable of doing some healing but maybe marauder fits the offensive nature of holosmith more. Soothing detonation in inventions could also be a decent choice since with corona burst and shield 4 you have 2 more blast finishers than scrapper and also have elixir b for more swiftness uptime. I don't know, needs to be tested.

Whats the point of taking vipers and all that condition gear if you are just gonna leave it with base duration? Duration is more efficient than pure condi damage. It's easier to stack, and gives more effective dps than condition damage.

Focus on capping duration, then getting extra condi dmg.

You can't dare justify saying this might be top dps, when its mile away from being optimal, or even close. There is a reason builds no longer use Rune of the Berzerker.

It looks like this was just thrown together, and none of the neccessary benchmarks for crit, condition duration, etc, were even attempted to be reached.

Why the hell would you want to take sword when you want to go with condi? Also why even take holo traitline, it gives some short burning and that's all it can give the condi build. Besides incorporating forge into condi rotation does more harm than good because it breaks it completely and pretty much makes it less effective.

> @leviathan.2148 said:

> > @tehroi.4619 said:

> > forge might stacks literally come from [THIS](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enhanced_Capacity_Storage_Unit "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enhanced_Capacity_Storage_Unit")

>

> Why are you stating the obvious? We both know how mightstacking works for Holo

i was informing you on how easy it was to achieve 25 stacks of might since you seemed unaware

> If the cooling wasn't as fast as it is, I'd agree with you. Basically each 5-6 seconds you have switch back to forge and get it to 148-149 heat and NOT BLOW UP.

the trait clearly says when you're above 100 heat you start accumulating might.... if you're hovering between 140+ in photon forge you deserve your trip to the downstate

>That may sound easy but you have to remember that you can't switch back from the forge for 6 seconds and that's quite a long time if you want to attack and not blow up.

it is easy, i am aware of photons CD but with 25 stacks of might even without photon you deal respectable damage with rifle autos 3/5s. you're making it seem like the only way a holo can deal damage is through forge. (esp with traits like holos gm minor)

>You can't use skill 5 because then you would have to choose between not using the forge skills and just wait until you can switch off the forge or blowing up. So we're down to 4 skills. 4 may generate 2% heat but it's on shot (at least I had such experience with it, I may be mistaken) and it has 8 shots = 16 heat. So this one poses also a risk. Smaller but ok, we can work around it. Count in the traits that raise heat generation and let's not forget about passive heat generation and it's not as easy as you present it to be in comparison to just autoattacking. But again this is mainly because of how fast the cooling works and 6s lockout in forge.

have you even dueled around or pvp'd with holo? forge 5-3-4 is the bread and butter burst, iirc you end up around 50-60 heat including the passive heat gen. heat management is honestly negligible if you pay attention to visual ques. i'm also not sure of 4s % on heat, but it didn't seem like it generated % per hit, it was most likely the passive heat gen.

> > @tehroi.4619 said:

> > scrapper is safer but i honestly feel its going to fall out of flavor with the more experienced engineer crowd

>

> Possible but if wvw player will have to choose from mightstacker with easier rotation and very good defense and mightstacker with a decent burst but no good defense then guess which one will be picked. I think that Scrapper will be just fine as a durable bruiser while Holo will most likely go the way of bursting glass cannon for which the third trait - Photonic Blasting Module works better than mightstacking one - Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit.

like i mentioned before in any 1vX your main damage from scrapper comes from timed 2s/3s, elixir gun 4 (assuming you're running kits) not your AA chains.....i'm assuming your build is for following tags and not really solo roaming since you mentioned in a previous post that you ran :'( applied force :'( (not running adaptive armor or final salvo for scrapper is just suicide)

and if you sincerely think PBM is better than ECSU in 1vX :#

PBM is awful unless you're running inventions and even then, the time it takes for you to be able to use forge again after PBM considerably longer than just managing your heat

> @leviathan.2148 said:

> Why the kitten would you want to take sword when you want to go with condi? Also why even take holo traitline, it gives some short burning and that's all it can give the condi build. Besides incorporating forge into condi rotation does more harm than good because it breaks it completely and pretty much makes it less effective.

why not, pistol main hand is meh. sword leap has quickness.

> @FrostDraco.8306 said:

> Whats the point of taking vipers and all that condition gear if you are just gonna leave it with base duration? Duration is more efficient than pure condi damage. It's easier to stack, and gives more effective dps than condition damage.

>

> Focus on capping duration, then getting extra condi dmg.

>

> You can't dare justify saying this might be top dps, when its mile away from being optimal, or even close. There is a reason builds no longer use Rune of the Berzerker.

>

> It looks like this was just thrown together, and none of the neccessary benchmarks for crit, condition duration, etc, were even attempted to be reached.

You're right, condition duration is easier to stack than condi dmg. However, if you prepare two condi engi builds, one with berserker runes and one with a mix of nightmare/trapper runes in order to max condi duration, you'll notice that even with 25 stacks of might the damage from burning and bleeding ist still a little bit higher than with maximized duration. The reason for that is, that with full viper + malice sigil you get 91.87% duration increase, that's a lack of 8.13% to the cap. Assuming you'd sacrifice no condi dmg in order to max duration, that would be relative increase of 8.13/191.87*100 = 4.23%. Berserker runes give a blank increase of 5% which without a doubt is more than 4.23%. There is a reason qT lists full viper condi engi as best engi DPS build on their website. Also, taking sinister over viper is a loss of total stats. While that mostly affects power damage, power dmg is still a part of engi dmg.

> @leviathan.2148 said:

> Why the kitten would you want to take sword when you want to go with condi? Also why even take holo traitline, it gives some short burning and that's all it can give the condi build. Besides incorporating forge into condi rotation does more harm than good because it breaks it completely and pretty much makes it less effective.

As for the mainhand weapon, I was chosing sword for that reason, because pistol autoattack is terrible, even as a condi build. Though I didn't take into account, that you don't use the auto attack anyway, which would make pistol the superior choice again, I'll admit that I didn't think that completely through. I also incorporated forge because most high damage skills engi has have a cd higher than 10 seconds, with the exception of shrapnel grenade of course. And yes, the burning duration is short, but my thought that the small extra amount of burning it adds + great power dps could be a decent damage supplement, as well as laser's edge.

I'll admit that saying it might be top dps was a little bit far stretched and that maybe incorporating grieving instead of some viper and go for condi duration with runes might actually be better on this kind of build, but that's the reason why I said I GUESS. If you have better ideas for a high dmg build, please go ahead, I will gladly discuss.

> @Stebene.9275 said:

> My guess is this is going to be top DPS for engi: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsanUUBlYh9ZB2aBcJjF2CD8DViCAfVoL0BovN+GzjA-jxhHQBA4EAQQlflb/BypHoWPAA6p+jGVCSKgFVWB-e

>

> It's pretty much the same build as right now, because I don't think that holosmith adds enough power damage to justify grieving stats. I skipped tools because excessive energy has become much less useful, making tools IMO the least damage-modifying traitline. As for the traits, solar focusing lens should be the obvious choice, crystal configuration: storm because it makes you overheat faster, making the burning from solar focusing lens and damage from photonic blasting module available faster. Also it turns your auto attack into an explosion, making it profit from shrapnel (I guess) at the cost of a tiny bit of power damage. The reason I didn't go for the other two GM traits is because dodge rolling takes too much time and photon forge simply doesn't have enough conditions on it's own in order to deal damage. Enhanced capacity storage unit is nice but in a raid setting, you should get might elsewhere.

>

> Rotation would be go forge, blast everything on cooldown and you should overheat within less than 10 seconds, then just run the rotation we use right now and throw in the occasional prime light beam. Rinse and repeat. Kinda disappointing, I know, but using photon forge would at least simplify the current rotation a little bit.

>

I would try to compare this with dual pistols (since sword does not bring any condi), for GM thermal valve release and swap grenade for Laser disk. In this case, you'd let yourself overheat to trigger solar lens (loss of health should be ok for your healer) but during the forge you may include 2 dodges, skill 4 (upon switching then on CD) and AA for shrapnel proc. Right after you exploded, activate elite (every second rotation I think) and laser disk. I tried during beta and by the time you rotate through bomb, pistol and FT rota, forge was ready again... but without full buff it was maybe not reflective enough.

Maybe the loss of shrapnel grenade is too much of a loss but for the little time I tried, inserting the nades in the rotation was a bit too tight for me. But sure, there is then no ranged option anymore without the kit nor mortar.

> @Ranael.6423 said:

> I would try to compare this with dual pistols (since sword does not bring any condi), for GM thermal valve release and swap grenade for Laser disk. In this case, you'd let yourself overheat to trigger solar lens (loss of health should be ok for your healer) but during the forge you may include 2 dodges, skill 4 (upon switching then on CD) and AA for shrapnel proc. Right after you exploded, activate elite (every second rotation I think) and laser disk. I tried during beta and by the time you rotate through bomb, pistol and FT rota, forge was ready again... but without full buff it was maybe not reflective enough.

>

> Maybe the loss of shrapnel grenade is too much of a loss but for the little time I tried, inserting the nades in the rotation was a bit too tight for me. But sure, there is then no ranged option anymore without the kit nor mortar.

>

>

True, dual pistols is better, you're absolutely right about that. I also considered thermal release valve but I think that for one thing, the dodges take too long for the burn dmg, especially if you have quickness,. The other thing is, my goal was to overheat as fast as possible in order to get laser's edge, solar focusing lens, overheat dmg and also leave forge so I can use the normal rotation. I also thought about getting laser disk but I think even with the toolbelt skill, it is probably still weaker than shrapnel grenade.

Example:

Laser disks has 12 pulses, each applies 2s of 1 stack of bleeding. Over 50% heat its duration is 50% increased, so 18 pulses -> effectively 36s of bleeding. The toolbelt skill blade burst can apply 5x6s of bleeding (assuming you manage to hit all 5 blades into one target) -> effectively 30s of bleeding

So in total that's 66s of bleeding on a cooldown of 30s -> 2.2s of bleeding per second that these abilities apply.

The time to completely cool down is 3s for cooling down to start, 5% per second for 5 seconds, leaving you with 75% residual heat after 8 seconds. From there, you'll cool down with a rate of 10% per second, so total time to cool down is 15.5 seconds. During that, you'll get out at least 2 shrapnel grenades, one grenade applies 10s of bleeding, so effectively 30s. Since shrapnels, on average, procs 33% of the time, it's another 6s of bleeding, so 36 effective seconds of bleeding with one shrapnel. During the cooling down phase, you'll get out at least 2 of them, so 72 effective seconds of bleeding by shrapnel. However, as I mentioned, the cooldown phase takes 15.5s and the time in forge not even 10 seconds if you use all your heatbuilding stuff (tested it during last stress test), you'll get out more bleeding in a little bit less time.

That's of couse not counting in a maybe simplified rotation that laser disk may provide, but it also leaves out poirson grenade, freeze grenade, grenade barrage and other possible sources of shrapnel procs. But as I said, right now it's all theory and we can only actually test it when they release the xpac.

> @tehroi.4619 said:

> > If the cooling wasn't as fast as it is, I'd agree with you. Basically each 5-6 seconds you have switch back to forge and get it to 148-149 heat and NOT BLOW UP.

>

> the trait clearly says when you're above 100 heat you start accumulating might.... if you're hovering between 140+ in photon forge you deserve your trip to the downstate

Have you actually tried to stay at 25 might all the time in combat? Because it requires you to get almost to the threshold (148-149 heat), then turn off forge, wait for it to get to the 100 threshold and switch back because 6s of Forge lockdown are actually long time if you want to continue attacking via forge and not just wait not doing anything until you can turn it again. You'll get above 140 heat in this case each time because again of 6s lockdown and presumption that you actively use the forge skills while being locked in it.

> @tehroi.4619 said:

> >That may sound easy but you have to remember that you can't switch back from the forge for 6 seconds and that's quite a long time if you want to attack and not blow up.

>

> it is easy, i am aware of photons CD but with 25 stacks of might even without photon you deal respectable damage with rifle autos 3/5s. you're making it seem like the only way a holo can deal damage is through forge. (esp with traits like holos gm minor)

You're missing the point, I was talking about the rotation while being LOCKED IN forge. You can't use your weapon during those 6 seconds. Also since when does rifle AA deal respectable damage? It's mediocre at best.

> @tehroi.4619 said:

> >You can't use skill 5 because then you would have to choose between not using the forge skills and just wait until you can switch off the forge or blowing up. So we're down to 4 skills. 4 may generate 2% heat but it's on shot (at least I had such experience with it, I may be mistaken) and it has 8 shots = 16 heat. So this one poses also a risk. Smaller but ok, we can work around it. Count in the traits that raise heat generation and let's not forget about passive heat generation and it's not as easy as you present it to be in comparison to just autoattacking. But again this is mainly because of how fast the cooling works and 6s lockout in forge.

>

> have you even dueled around or pvp'd with holo? forge 5-3-4 is the bread and butter burst, iirc you end up around 50-60 heat including the passive heat gen. heat management is honestly negligible if you pay attention to visual ques. i'm also not sure of 4s % on heat, but it didn't seem like it generated % per hit, it was most likely the passive heat gen.

Again missing the point, the whole discussion is about getting to and staying at 25 might. Yes, those skills are primary burst but that's irrelevant in this discussion.

> @leviathan.2148 said:

> > @tehroi.4619 said:

> > > If the cooling wasn't as fast as it is, I'd agree with you. Basically each 5-6 seconds you have switch back to forge and get it to 148-149 heat and NOT BLOW UP.

> >

> > the trait clearly says when you're above 100 heat you start accumulating might.... if you're hovering between 140+ in photon forge you deserve your trip to the downstate

>

> Have you actually tried to stay at 25 might all the time in combat? Because it requires you to get almost to the threshold (148-149 heat), then turn off forge, wait for it to get to the 100 threshold and switch back because 6s of Forge lockdown are actually long time if you want to continue attacking via forge and not just wait not doing anything until you can turn it again. You'll get above 140 heat in this case each time because again of 6s lockdown and presumption that you actively use the forge skills while being locked in it.

im pretty sure with how you describe your experiences with your posts I have _extensively_ played holo more than you. staying at 25 might with the right set up (2nd GM trait durability runes) is piss easy if you have half a brain with heat management. it seems you didn't really develop a grasp for the spec during the limited weekend especially with how your major concern with genning might is blowing up in forge which i will say again **pay attention to visual ques ** your damage doesn't come from just forge ;)

>

> > @tehroi.4619 said:

> > >That may sound easy but you have to remember that you can't switch back from the forge for 6 seconds and that's quite a long time if you want to attack and not blow up.

> >

> > it is easy, i am aware of photons CD but with 25 stacks of might even without photon you deal respectable damage with rifle autos 3/5s. you're making it seem like the only way a holo can deal damage is through forge. (esp with traits like holos gm minor)

>

> You're missing the point, I was talking about the rotation while being LOCKED IN forge. You can't use your weapon during those 6 seconds. Also since when does rifle AA deal respectable damage? It's mediocre at best.

>

when you're in prime conditions to use forge why would you even be concerned about using your weapons? being locked out of your weapon is honestly not a big deal. im also going to assume that you've never played hgh cele, glass SD, 100nades, which spoiler spoiler all ran rifle and dealt respectable range pressure

> > @tehroi.4619 said:

> > >You can't use skill 5 because then you would have to choose between not using the forge skills and just wait until you can switch off the forge or blowing up. So we're down to 4 skills. 4 may generate 2% heat but it's on shot (at least I had such experience with it, I may be mistaken) and it has 8 shots = 16 heat. So this one poses also a risk. Smaller but ok, we can work around it. Count in the traits that raise heat generation and let's not forget about passive heat generation and it's not as easy as you present it to be in comparison to just autoattacking. But again this is mainly because of how fast the cooling works and 6s lockout in forge.

> >

> > have you even dueled around or pvp'd with holo? forge 5-3-4 is the bread and butter burst, iirc you end up around 50-60 heat including the passive heat gen. heat management is honestly negligible if you pay attention to visual ques. i'm also not sure of 4s % on heat, but it didn't seem like it generated % per hit, it was most likely the passive heat gen.

>

> Again missing the point, the whole discussion is about getting to and staying at 25 might. Yes, those skills are primary burst but that's irrelevant in this discussion.

>

it is relevant to the discussion since its about how easy it is to get to the heat threshold to start genning might with said skills

i will just reiterate my main point that if you honestly think that you can get to 25 stacks of might (settle down while i auto attack you for my might plz ty) in any 1vx situation without sacrificing durability as a scrapper than that just shows your inexperience with the class

> @tehroi.4619 said:

> im pretty sure with how you describe your experiences with your posts I have _extensively_ played holo more than you. staying at 25 might with the right set up (2nd GM trait durability runes) is kitten easy if you have half a brain with heat management. it seems you didn't really develop a grasp for the spec during the limited weekend especially with how your major concern with genning might is blowing up in forge which i will say again **pay attention to visual ques ** your damage doesn't come from just forge ;)

Thanks for confirmation that you haven't even tried it for more than 5 minutes and you're just guessing. I'm not saying that it's difficult. I'm saying that it isn't easier than Scrapper's way. Your visual ques that indicate that you're above 100 heat aren't enough to effectively stay at 25 might constantly and you have to pay attention to interface and heat's value. But feel free to just rely on visual ques, I hope you like blowing up and staying under 25 might.

> @tehroi.4619 said:

> when you're in prime conditions to use forge why would you even be concerned about using your weapons? being locked out of your weapon is honestly not a big deal. im also going to assume that you've never played hgh cele, glass SD, 100nades, which spoiler spoiler all ran rifle and dealt respectable range pressure

Yes, all those ran rifle and none of those used rifle AA because it sucks. Your argument is invalid.

> @leviathan.2148 said:

> > @tehroi.4619 said:

> > im pretty sure with how you describe your experiences with your posts I have _extensively_ played holo more than you. staying at 25 might with the right set up (2nd GM trait durability runes) is kitten easy if you have half a brain with heat management. it seems you didn't really develop a grasp for the spec during the limited weekend especially with how your major concern with genning might is blowing up in forge which i will say again **pay attention to visual ques ** your damage doesn't come from just forge ;)

>

> Thanks for confirmation that you haven't even tried it for more than 5 minutes and you're just guessing. I'm not saying that it's difficult. I'm saying that it isn't easier than Scrapper's way. Your visual ques that indicate that you're above 100 heat aren't enough to effectively stay at 25 might constantly and you have to pay attention to interface and heat's value. But feel free to just rely on visual ques, I hope you like blowing up and staying under 25 might.

no need to get upset friend, some of us actually roam and extensively theorycraft our builds without looking like potatoes, i have enjoyed our little bouts but I am 100% sure that you have no idea what you're talking about in terms of wvw / roaming theorycrafting, you have mentioned in previous posts that with hammer auto attacks and utilities (which I am assuming you mean elixir b / elixir gun) it is "easier" to gen 25 might

on my scrapper I run the occasional commander off pieces, dura runes along with gnash mussels and i can confidently tell you that your might gen does not come from your autos with that said with the two utilities I mentioned (elixir b / tool belt b / EG 4/5 x toolbelt EG) you will NOT maintain 25 stacks of might just by AAing and chugging a elixir b (which kind of moots your point since it seems like anything more than that for a player like yourself is too much work)

and you keep downplaying visual ques, like I said before you only need half a chromosome to turn off forge when your ques pop, the only time i have ever blown up in forge is through misplay where i stayed in forge too long without a stun break, not because i spammed all my abilities, im sorry if you had bad experiences with maintaining a new mechanic but practice through repetition friend

>

> > @tehroi.4619 said:

> > when you're in prime conditions to use forge why would you even be concerned about using your weapons? being locked out of your weapon is honestly not a big deal. im also going to assume that you've never played hgh cele, glass SD, 100nades, which spoiler spoiler all ran rifle and dealt respectable range pressure

>

> Yes, all those ran rifle and none of those used rifle AA because it kitten. Your argument is invalid.

>

>

>

lol then you clearly have no idea how those builds rather maybe even engi work

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> I never did like might stacking, cuz if you run into a thief you pretty much turn a win into a lose, a necro will snowball even more since you will have uncleansable weakness on you... that's a lot of what I used to see roaming in wvw. some other builds like power mes might be able to get your might.

But might stacking seems to be one of the Engineers key features and what also generates both high power and condition damage. I see it sometimes can become a detriment, but how many out of all the professions can shift, remove or manipulate the might against you? Some professions or builds have no access to might stacking. I for one would rather have the choice to trait for might than non at all. When theorycrafting I consider it always as part of a builds maximum potential damage output.

Btw all if you don't mind and have time come check out my YouTube video if you want to know more about Guild Wars 2 Path of Fire and the nine new elite specialisations. Cheers from Point3mc, Bluevoltron and Cave Rock.4869.

As my focus lies in pve and open world, the first thing i will experiment with, are dpsbuilds for engi.

For condi i dont think much is going to change; as many ppl already said, just replace tools through holo.

What i really want to test, is the viability of griever stats compared to berserkers.

This is what i am looking forward to test: A single condi focused holosmith: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsanUUBVVh9ZB2aBcJjF2CD8DViCA9tx4Yd8rClh6QA-jxhAQBR7BAYWlfSVPwaVCCgTAgO2fgrq/EAIBYYKMBw6peqn6peqHfn6peqn6peqnwMMDzwUKgF1aB-e

The issue i can see, is the low critchance, so i think this one fits better into fractals. Otherwise i think, i need to build more into it.

WvW roaming:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenEIDlIj1ID2XBcJjlBDL8AkOCM99wg4S8LAkeePA-jFCFABA8AASSpn66BYf/hrUCikyA9V/RgTAw8gAgJAoqqqkC4ilRA-w

I didn't have the chance to play with these exact stats and runes in BW but the setup was identical and the results were quite okay, Explosions has amazing synergy with Holosmith, specially with this build and Inventions also fit nicely. The only less positive remark was indeed the lack of a decent gap closer since sword leap range and animation are currently terrible (hoping for a buff on release), I could see it being strong in small skirmishes if you can open properly in a low mobility/stability target and unload your burst.

The trick with this build is to pump heat to 50% and leave it there before any engagement, when fight ensues, pop stealth toolbelt then leap your target in very close range for boosted quickness , immediately pop PF following with Corona Burst (get initial hit and queue the 2nd), Holo Shockwave, Photon Blitz (Corona 2nd burst will be coming around this time), now pop Prismatic Singularity to chain CC and finish with PLB. If pulled properly, this combo will be done with quickness on a roughly 3-4s timer and deal massive damage. If somehow the target stun breaks the KB and dodges some of the stuff, you'll have overheated by the end of the combo, which means Laser's Edge will be on for a bit (+15% damage) and you have all your utilities to keep you alive when you can enter PF again.

> @Simeonus.9237 said:

> I would love to play sword/pistol, so I made [this build](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsanEIDVIj9dB2aBcJjF2CrvN+GzjfvgM0BA8DViCAA-jByXABNuUwcPAgZV/ZU9AAsrwwK/yWJIdnAASB8oyK-e "this build"). I'm more than sure it won't be viable in raids, maybe in fractals, tho. Anyways I will most likely try it somewhere ^^

That is a pretty sweet build bud. I am going to give it to a mate who might like it. Thanks for sharing.

I'm going with Inventions + Tools + Holosmith for most scenarios (PvE, PvP and WvW).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUUB1UhFJD2ID0ehlNDrvBOBvgjTguTAIsdkLiKA-jZQEBAQZAA

The damage comes from holoforge, static discharge and rifle turret.

The sustain comes from evades, thermal release valve, heals, stealth, light auras, photon wall, spectral shield and some few cleanses.

The support comes from healing turret, blast finishers, mortar kit and inventions tree.

The control are limited to overcharged shot and HSW, but looks effective.

I plan use Rifle, then basically it's this.

What's everyone running around Elona with?

I'm having fun with this, gear is sort of a mismatch of what I could stat swap to Grieving and what I had to keep Berserker. I'm certain there's something better, I'm purposefully not using Rifle Turret because Prismatic Singularity speeds up combat much more than the DPS from Surprise Shot would. I'm interested in other things that would be better though.

[GW2skills LINK](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsanEIDlYhVIDmIDcJjlNDbcC8dCAf3mdzvp/BOBzgA-jxRBQB4RLwDeAAA4EAcl9HlfZV9HzoE8p6AAA-e "LINK")

Archived