Afk for rewards question.

Veprovina.4876

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > > > It takes about 25 minutes to wind down after achieving 195. But, you'll get booted at 15 minutes, if you are AFK.

> > > >

> > > > Whatever you do, don't implement a macro or other program/device to move you. You likely will get caught and banned for it.

> > > >

> > > > Personally, I think they should let you keep earning your pips after you log out or change characters. The way it is now, I have to sit around for significant time to get all the points. So, my inactivity costs my team a slot on that map for a half hour. I don't much care for WvW, so it doesn't bother me. But, it should bother those who actually like WvW.

> > >

> > > Auto running into a wall with your heal skill on auto cast does it.

> >

> > Yes, but I'm still taking up a slot. That's bad for my world, if I understand how it works.

> >

> > Plus, I do stay by the keyboard. I'm just less attentive for a half hour.

>

> If you read other posts by me in this thread, go to Obsidean Sanctum so you ARENT taking up a spot.

Solution in place, no new coding needed.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @Daddicus.6128 said:

> > > > > It takes about 25 minutes to wind down after achieving 195. But, you'll get booted at 15 minutes, if you are AFK.

> > > > >

> > > > > Whatever you do, don't implement a macro or other program/device to move you. You likely will get caught and banned for it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Personally, I think they should let you keep earning your pips after you log out or change characters. The way it is now, I have to sit around for significant time to get all the points. So, my inactivity costs my team a slot on that map for a half hour. I don't much care for WvW, so it doesn't bother me. But, it should bother those who actually like WvW.

> > > >

> > > > Auto running into a wall with your heal skill on auto cast does it.

> > >

> > > Yes, but I'm still taking up a slot. That's bad for my world, if I understand how it works.

> > >

> > > Plus, I do stay by the keyboard. I'm just less attentive for a half hour.

> >

> > If you read other posts by me in this thread, go to Obsidean Sanctum so you ARENT taking up a spot.

>

> Solution in place, no new coding needed.

Not good enough. You can't see how much time is left, which required me to go back to the main lobbies.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > @hunkamania.7561 said:

> > gw2 wvw rewards you for afking. taking a t3 keep from siege humpers gives you a champ bag... lol

>

> I know right? It's a comedy and a tragedy at the same time.

Well you have to actually do something in order to be able to afk so it's not that you are rewarded for afk but rather forced to if you want to maximize rewards. Which is just bad design... But it is what it is so until they change it people will afk and take up server slots.

And no obsidian sanctum doesn't quite work, maybe you do get pips and reward tracks there but you don't see any of it, there's no timer or indicator on your progress.

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> >

> EDIT2: Nevermind, found the answer, i don't need grandmaster marks and in fact need to purchase the triumphant armor first.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor

>

Thanks a lot. I thought I have to be rank 2000 to actually buy any ascended armor but regarding your link I can unlock some of them by doing certain reward tracks. Many thanks.

> @archie.3074 said:

> > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > >

> > EDIT2: Nevermind, found the answer, i don't need grandmaster marks and in fact need to purchase the triumphant armor first.

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor

> >

>

> Thanks a lot. I thought I have to be rank 2000 to actually buy any ascended armor but regarding your link I can unlock some of them by doing certain reward tracks. Many thanks.

>

>

You only have to be rank 2000 to buy the sublime mustforged versions with the glow effect.

You can buy a normal WvW armor as soon as you unlock the exitic skin from the reward track and get skirmish tickets and grandmaster marks. I'm rank 60 and i already bought one armor piece.

Just change the WvW pip system to reward pips for leftover participation runoff after you close the game. Then nobody wants to wait until it runs out.

Until that time:

Windows 7: shutdown /t 700 /s

(Close other programs beforehand, otherwise it will hang on a question like Notepad: "Do you want to save changes to Untitled")