Your mount adoptions: What did you get, and how did you like it?

> @MachineManXX.9746 said:

> > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > I bought 1 the day they were released, and I got the Banded Mystic for the jackal.

> >

> > Then MountGate outrage happened and I felt pretty ripped off. I haven't bought one since.

>

> So you were okay with it on your own opinion, then people complained about it and suddenly you were "ripped off"?

No and no. Quit making up arguments where there aren't any.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought 6 with real cash and 10 with gold. I stopped after getting Stardust, which is the skin I really wanted. My total haul is below:

Raptor: Coastal and Savannah Spiketails, Savannah Monitor, Storm Ridge (which is really, really cool)

Springer: Desert Lop, Tawny Hare

Skimmer: Bright Ringfin, Oceanic Ray, River Moth Wing, Dajikah Lantern

Jackal: Banded Mystic, Polished Stone, Twin Sands (which I love and will use a lot even if it's not my favorite jackal skin), Stardust

Griffon: Clouded Corvus, Fire Pinion

Even though I'm not super happy with the way these licences were handled, I was pleased that the more premium skins dropped regularly. I was half expecting to have to unlock at least 20 before I saw any skin with a new effect, but Oceanic Ray was the second skin I unlocked and Storm Ridge, Fire Pinion, and Twin Sands were all within the first 10.

Currently up to 3 raptors, one of which is the stormy one. Moderately happy with.

No springers, oddly enough. Also moderately happy with.

Bright spot skimmer. Disappointed. I didn't want any skimmer skins.

One jackal skin, fairly mundane. Not too happy with, didn't really want more sand-doggo skins.

Harrier and Badlands griffs. The patterns are fairly erratic, so I don't like them so much, but still better than the base skin.

I.. should kinda be ashamed at how much I've thrown at this so far.

> @Figlilly.3907 said:

> > @Figlilly.3907 said:

>

> > ...blah blah... I probably won't be buying any more of this particular bundle...

>

> Who am I kidding? I bought another one today. I got the Primal Hare - the fiery bunny. He is not too bad in soft colours such as lemon and yellow.

>

>

Yeah, I said I would stop at 2, then I said I would stop at 4, then I said I would stop at 5, but being tempted to either grind gold for more or blow the gems I'm saving in case of Christmas sales. ^^

I purchased 3, and got the dajkah lantern which was my favorite skimmer skin. I also got another skimmer one and a springer skin which were simpler alternate dye channel skins. They weren't my most wanted but I'll use them on a few alts. Overall I'll probably buy more at some point

> @Biff.5312 said:

> > @Figlilly.3907 said:

> > I have bought 19 licences altogether but one was for a friend. They have all been bought over a number of days.

> >

> > I got almost all of the skins I wanted.

>

> Wouldn't it have cost a lot less just to buy the total unlock package?

19*400 = 7600 < 9600 for the total unlock.

• 3 months later...

Old Topic but I thought I'd share my experience.

Wanted to get Starbound Griffon.

Bought 2 licenses (with gold) - got the electric raptor and some dull looking griffon skin

Bought 10 discounted (with gold) - got so-so's

Bought 10 discounted (with gold) - fully unlocked skimmer (useless). got the stardust Jackal

Bought 3 (with gold) hoping to get starbound - got rabbit and something else.

Bought the last 5 with real money, one at a time, meaning 800 gems and i use only 400 gems. - Got starbound LAST! LAST!

so did anyone else get it, and if so how many tries?

They are mount SKINS. The marketing team loves to push that "mount adoption" ploy even though it's false. I bought them all over a few weeks. Got the Starbound griffon right away and then the main ones I wanted on the last skins bought. My favorites are the Stormridge raptor, Arctic Jaboa springer, Dajkah Lantern skimmer, Stardust jackal, and Starbound griffon.

Why couldn't the mount packs be bundled by the type of mount? Those who want just the skimmer can buy the skimmer set to get the 'lantern' mount for example.

I would definitely buy griffon and raptor bundles. And yeah, reasonably priced. : )

I don't need or want the others.

Getting something you don't like or need through the kitten RNG is freaking annoying.

I used Christmas money and art commission money to buy a pack of 10 as well as a few extras.

I ended up with:

Raptor: Flamelander, Storm Ridge and Striped Tri-Horn

Springer: Arctic Jeboa, Primal Hare, Tawny hare, and Windy Spot,

Skimmer: Bright Ringfin, Dajkah lantern, Oasis skate, oceanic ray and spined longtail

Jackal: Polished Stone, Stardust

Griffon: Fire Pinion

I don't really regret it. I would like more but it's a lot of money for me and I don't earn gold fast enough nor hold onto it enough, so I might not. I'm also very happy with the branded mount skins .

Specifically, I have the [Canyon Spiketail](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Canyon_Spiketail), [banded Mystic](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Banded_Mystic), & [Twin Sands](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twin_Sands). I'd rank these all in the bottom 12 for which Mountfits I wanted and yet I'm still very pleased with the result.

I didn't buy any _for myself_. However I got three as gifts (and gave several to others as gifts) and found them to be fantastic presents. Nearly everyone wants more Mountfits, but (for a variety of reasons) not everyone is willing to shell out for them. The very thing that makes them annoying as a gem shop revenue generator — the randomness — makes them more exciting as gifts, as if you're actually opening them.

tl;dr I ended up with two Jackals and one Raptor, none of which I would have spent even 400 gems on **and** I ended up very pleased with the results. The dino and one of the doggos are little more than reskins, but I like them because they take four colors (in relatively useful locations).

I've got 13 all together now. At first I got almost all what I liked, but kept being tempted to try one more time, to get another raptor, only to (of course) get skins I was not all that interested in. Fortunately, the Branded mount pack came out, and I no longer have the slight annoyance of all my characters riding the same raptor and skimmer. So I think my temptation is over.