Impossible to land 100 blades, it needs to be reworked on the next patch.

Hitman.5829

Hundred blades either need some kind of different buff, or just a straight damage increase. Whirling axe now deals almost the same damage, and you damage enemies at 360 degrees, hundred blades is a stand still attack only working at 180 degrees at max. Hundred blades need a drastic damage increase. The bull's charge, hundred blades combo is no longer prevalent, so could you please make hundred blades more than a skill to use against downed enemies or a lazy skill for pve??

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Genesis.5169 said:

> > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > Damage increased by 50%. Targets increased to 5. Deals 100% bonus damage to stunned or knocked down foes.

>

> Please guys i don't want the return of the burst reaction time meta.

?......hundred blade is still no where close to thief/mesmer/guardian/rev/power necro burst reaction time

> @Lighter.5631 said:

> > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > Damage increased by 50%. Targets increased to 5. Deals 100% bonus damage to stunned or knocked down foes.

> >

> > Please guys i don't want the return of the burst reaction time meta.

>

> ?......hundred blade is still no where close to thief/mesmer/guardian/rev/power necro burst reaction time

Warrior is one of the most telegraphed (if not the most) classes in the game. We're pretty easy to get out of the way of.

Hundred Blades is the perfect skill to increase the overall greatsword dps on warrior. Because of it's small hitbox and because you cannot move while casting Hundred Blades a dmg increase would have almost no effect on pvp and it would be a welcome buff after the nerf to ps warrior in pve.

Best solution would be something like after each successful hit the next hit would get empowered by a certain amount (20-30% (Dmg buff stacks until the skill is over)). That way if you hit a player once or twice it would not deal more dmg than before (and it would finally be a good skill for downed cleaving) , but in pve it would ramp up the dps of greatsword significantly.

I understand wanting 100b to be more, but.... Mobile 100b would be op. Increasing damage would also be op.

I could get behind adding a blind to 100b or block projectiles.

The question is, is it worth lobbying for? We keep getting nerfed hard every patch. Especially our utility skills.

If we all could get behind 1 change would this be it?

> @Justine.6351 said:

> > @nicknamenick.2437 said:

> > Compare it to guardian GS dmg.. i can burst with that weapon so hard with the aoe symbol + whirling wrath (traits that increase symbol dmg and all dmg on targets on symbols) this set can pull off ridiculous dmg.

> >

> >

> > Or just compare 100b with whirling wrath.. whirling does allot more dps and is a mobile 5 target radius..

> >

> > 100b is a joke. Downed ppl can even be outhealed vs 100b

>

> Yes even mesmer blurred frenzy does triple the damage, grants invulnerable and immobilizes targets!

100 Blade Power Coeficient ; 5,3

Blurred Frenzy Power Coeficient ; 2,4

Blurred Frenzy has no immobilize effect.

You're a troll right?

> @NeedCoffee.1402 said:

> I understand wanting 100b to be more, but.... Mobile 100b would be op. Increasing damage would also be op.

> I could get behind adding a blind to 100b or block projectiles.

> The question is, is it worth lobbying for? We keep getting nerfed hard every patch. Especially our utility skills.

> If we all could get behind 1 change would this be it?

No I don't think it's our worst thing we bring to the table. If I had to revamp one thing I think it'd be our ranged damage that is in the worst shape right now (not talking the bursts though). But you compare our rifle auto attack to rev hammer auto attack and rev hits like a Mack truck, while we're hitting like a Tonka. The next thing I'd say about us is our warhorn it's a complete support weapon (look it up it does 0 damage, the ONLY weapon in the game that is that way) that falls flat in today's gameplay, it brings nothing to the table that makes you want to bring it over our other offhands.

Greatsword simply doesn't offer very much damage. There are other classes with other weapons/abilities that offer more mobility, damage, and ability to hit MORE enemies at the same time for a class (beyond just Guild Wars) that's supposed to do exactly that. 100 blades is an immobile skill that does lackluster damage even with a full power build, and is completely non-interactive itself while offering very little range that ultimately kills its usage in pretty much all game modes.

Put simply, the immobility and low range and cleave trade offs are not made up for by the damage it offers, especially since it has one of the longest channels for nearly all skills in the game to even _perform_ that damage. Something has to change, especially with the advent of more bursty skills on other classes that do offer mobility.

Since the animation is already unique for the class and likely a nightmare to change,, addressing the immobility is out of the question. The only values that can easily be tweaked are the actual damage values itself, range, and cleave, and other simple variables. Considering that Axe 5 has as much damage, more cleave and an equal channel time while _being drastically more mobile_ despite the 15 second cooldown on an offhanded weapon skill at that more or less sums up the problem with Greatsword.

It's easy to understand why Greatsword has been left in the dust, and it's because it was originally created with only Core Tyria specs in mind. Most other classes didn't have the same power capacity it had, but HoT's specs were very obviously straight power creep to all classes by offering an *additional* mechanic on top of the core class mechanics. Path of Fires changed that by changing *how* the class mechanics worked from core classes while offering additional options to make up for those changes in those spec lines. However, among other weapons, Greatsword has been left in the dust despite being a hallmark weapon of the class.

Axe has been immensely buffed (relative to what it was before) in a fashion that pretty much removes Greatsword from the equation, leaving it an archaic leftover from Vanilla GW2 that only has support value through Might-Stacking (which was already reduced in the meta build in favor of other classes leaving it only useful via its unique buffs through banners.) In short, Greatsword as a whole needs a rework and buff. It has very little control of the battlefield, limited cleave and range, topped off with damage that cannot compete with most of the game's updated content. Playing Power Daredevil last night (for the first time since I adamantly stuck with Condi Thief since I played Thief) was the nail in the coffin for Power Warrior for myself. Playing a Guardian-GS with full exotic Soldiers had much more utility via its pulls and unique abilities while offering excellent cleave and even mobility that Warrior GS100B doesn't have.

So yeah, 100B needs to be changed and improved, as does the rest of the Greatsword.

I would personally do this, leave 100b as a self rooting channel but up the damage on foes you set up against.

Example:

GS2: does 25% more damage to foes that are crippled, chilled, or immobolized.

GS4: No longer a projectile, instead now a 600 range Leap Finisher (looks like Link's DAIR) that causes immobolize for 2s.

ARMS:

Opportunist: Now grants 1s Quickness and 10 adrenaline on immobolize. Immobolize durations increased by 50%. No ICD. Use with Spellbreaker for aoe immobolize, quickly granting Quickness for you to cleave with, or use with Throw Bolas (gasp!) to get adrenaline and quickness every 20/16 seconds.

Unsuspecting Foe: Includes immobolize as well.

Now instead of Strength, you can try Arms for faster cleave with +50% crit rate. Or you could even do Str/Arms/Def and just never swap off your GS!

HONORABLE MENTION: If we adjust 100b, please adjust Flurry (Sword Burst), the worst burst skill in the game. Seriously, those bleeds are terrible.

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > @Justine.6351 said:

> > > @nicknamenick.2437 said:

> > > Compare it to guardian GS dmg.. i can burst with that weapon so hard with the aoe symbol + whirling wrath (traits that increase symbol dmg and all dmg on targets on symbols) this set can pull off ridiculous dmg.

> > >

> > >

> > > Or just compare 100b with whirling wrath.. whirling does allot more dps and is a mobile 5 target radius..

> > >

> > > 100b is a joke. Downed ppl can even be outhealed vs 100b

> >

> > Yes even mesmer blurred frenzy does triple the damage, grants invulnerable and immobilizes targets!

>

> 100 Blade Power Coeficient ; 5,3

> Blurred Frenzy Power Coeficient ; 2,4

>

> Blurred Frenzy has no immobilize effect.

>

>

> You're a troll right?

No, Justine just uses a lot of sarcasm to get her points across. She does it quite well most of the time imo

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought it would be cool to have an decreased cast time, and then the final hit, which currently does bonus damage, could also be a leap to the target. This hit can do ~5k on a fairly zerk build, it rewards using the whole cast, and reduced cast times makes it more in tune with the increasing pace of play in the game.

It would probably be easier to allow movement during the skill though.

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > @Justine.6351 said:

> > > > @nicknamenick.2437 said:

> > > > Compare it to guardian GS dmg.. i can burst with that weapon so hard with the aoe symbol + whirling wrath (traits that increase symbol dmg and all dmg on targets on symbols) this set can pull off ridiculous dmg.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Or just compare 100b with whirling wrath.. whirling does allot more dps and is a mobile 5 target radius..

> > > >

> > > > 100b is a joke. Downed ppl can even be outhealed vs 100b

> > >

> > > Yes even mesmer blurred frenzy does triple the damage, grants invulnerable and immobilizes targets!

> >

> > 100 Blade Power Coeficient ; 5,3

> > Blurred Frenzy Power Coeficient ; 2,4

> >

> > Blurred Frenzy has no immobilize effect.

> >

> >

> > You're a troll right?

>

> No, Justine just uses a lot of sarcasm to get her points across. She does it quite well most of the time imo

Blurred Frenzy has also almost half of the casting time of Hundred Blades and you become completely immune to dmg. Also it's sad how you like to downplay the ability. The power coefficiant for blurred frenzy is 4,8 because you get a 100% dmg boost in pve

Blurred Frenzy duration 2,5 sec (4,8 power coeff and completely immune to any dmg)

Hundred Blades duration 3,5 sec (4,2 power coeff and last hit another 1,1 power coeff)

> @"Cerby.1069" said:

> well u got a small damage buff, +10 power per might given on swing, so congratz. Whether its enough to bridge the huge chasm of a gap between double axes....we'll have to play around and seeeee, it may seem unlikely but it might be enough given the nerf to tb/dire stats.

you wanted to say small dmg nerf. Even at the fully stacked 25 might the 250 bonus power are far less than the previous 10% dmg modifier, so yeah it is 100% unlikely that power warrior is any kind of viable lol

> @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > > @Justine.6351 said:

> > > > > @nicknamenick.2437 said:

> > > > > Compare it to guardian GS dmg.. i can burst with that weapon so hard with the aoe symbol + whirling wrath (traits that increase symbol dmg and all dmg on targets on symbols) this set can pull off ridiculous dmg.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Or just compare 100b with whirling wrath.. whirling does allot more dps and is a mobile 5 target radius..

> > > > >

> > > > > 100b is a joke. Downed ppl can even be outhealed vs 100b

> > > >

> > > > Yes even mesmer blurred frenzy does triple the damage, grants invulnerable and immobilizes targets!

> > >

> > > 100 Blade Power Coeficient ; 5,3

> > > Blurred Frenzy Power Coeficient ; 2,4

> > >

> > > Blurred Frenzy has no immobilize effect.

> > >

> > >

> > > You're a troll right?

> >

> > No, Justine just uses a lot of sarcasm to get her points across. She does it quite well most of the time imo

>

> Blurred Frenzy has also almost half of the casting time of Hundred Blades and you become completely immune to dmg. Also it's sad how you like to downplay the ability. The power coefficiant for blurred frenzy is 4,8 because you get a 100% dmg boost in pve

>

> Blurred Frenzy duration 2,5 sec (4,8 power coeff and completely immune to any dmg)

> Hundred Blades duration 3,5 sec (4,2 power coeff and last hit another 1,1 power coeff)

>

>

I didn't downplay anything? I didn't make any comment about blurred frenzy actually. I really don't know what you are going on about

Am I the only one that loves greatsword? It's literally the best weapon in pvp, offers huge mobility, evade, damage, a range attack that can get around some los, etc. It's not like it needs a buff. As for how it plays, the self root on hundred blades is part of what makes the weapon so interesting. It could be faster, I guess, but as it is, you can use the quickness on swap sigil to bust it out quickly. I think contrary to OP's thoughts, problems like the fact it's hard to land gs 2 make the weapon more fun to use. Actually, there's a lot of play to how you position every single ability on the weapon besides the auto. Greatsword is a big part of why I think core lb gs warrior was the most fun build I've ever played.

People need to stop bringing up BF. BF's coefficient is only 4.8 in PvE. The oh-so-demanded "split balance" confusing people and we barely have much split up.

This is just the result of powercreep, though. Before HoT, 100B was fine and quite good in skilled hands.

100B used to mean something when getting CC'ed use to mean something and when big nukes had tells and required setup. The game right now is all no-tell, no-setup burst with absurdly low cooldowns and an excess of defense which go as far as negating any setup-oriented builds. HB is about creating the "outplay" moment, and sadly nearly all of the skill required to PvP in this game is gone.

I can't keep reiterating it, but if you want a PvP environment, you'll need to find a new game. While I miss playing GW2, the devs here only actually balance and design for PvE. It's never gotten better/gotten continuously worse over the years, and will only continue to. Condi was a problem four years ago and only just got addressed in a half-assed fashion while really not altering much in terms of the busted stuff. Boons are still problematic. Major overhauls just aren't happening.

Is sucks there's really not much out there offering GW2's kind of experience, but sad truth is this game's PvP is flatlining for real, and unless ANet makes some huge commitments to revert a lot of design decisions towards how things operated in 2013, it's only going to just keep getting worse and worse.

> @"Zefrost.3425" said:

> The only reason 100 blades cannot be landed is because the other classes have been powercreeped up the kitten which is why this games PvP is a joke.

>

> Example:

> Break stun on dodge roll

>

> K, balanced

Sorry but you cant really say anything when you have insane amounts of CC, blocks, passive regen, mobility and everything else. Warrior is INSANELY strong when it comes to WvW at the very least and buffing them for PvP would only lead to them being even more broken when it comes to fighting the boring as hell block spam, immune spam Zerk warriors who have more health, armor and regen than even bunker builds have...

Power creep was needed because the original poweercreep class Warrior was near unkillable. I mean they still are with all the blocks, defense, passive regen, mobility and all of that while being zerk built and STILL having more armor and health than most other classes.