[SUGGESTION] for preview

MetalGirl.2370

The entire preview mechanic deserves a revamp.

* Can't preview a main-hand & off-hand

* Special effects don't display, including footfalls, some animations, and combat variations.

* The lighting is substantially different from that in game and can't be adjusted.

* You can't use your own dyes for preview

* Can't combine makeover changes with equipment previews

* The UI is convoluted and inconsistent with other parts of the game.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The entire preview mechanic deserves a revamp.

> * Can't preview a main-hand & off-hand

> * Special effects don't display, including footfalls, some animations, and combat variations.

> * The lighting is substantially different from that in game and can't be adjusted.

> * You can't use your own dyes for preview

> * Can't combine makeover changes with equipment previews

> * The UI is convoluted and inconsistent with other parts of the game.

>

> ****

> I recommend separating the idea for new auras into a new thread -- it's an interesting idea, but has little to do with the preview suggestion. Both ideas deserve their own discussion (and I'll reserve my response to the auras for such a thread).

I have split them up now. I also made a new thread for auras like you recommended.

There's also the issue that some items don't fit in the preview window and/or can't be previewed properly with a fixed camera angle.

For example if I preview Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity wielded the only way to fit in in the preview window is to look at the character straight-on, so the sword is behind them and you can't really see it very well. And in all the available views (stowed, wielded and weapon only) the camera angle makes it impossible to properly see the effect on the blade - Sunrise looks like a pink and yellow blur and Twilight looks like a black and red blur. You can't see the sky effect on either.

A lot of the legendary armor effects on entering combat go outside the window too, so you can't see the full thing when you preview it and have to either find someone who already has the set you want or just hope you like it when you've finished.

Overall I think a new preview window (while lower priority than some updates) would be a great improvement.