Better options than Scholars?

TwiceDead.1963

> @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> i know Flame legion runes have been mentioned but i dont think there as good as scholar

I'm currently calculating a bit and they aren't bad. On the current power sword build burning is roughly 9.5% of total dmg. You increase that portion by around 42%, means your total damage inreases by 4% through the increased burning duration.

225 Ferocity translates to around 6% more pdps (assuming you have 1500 ferocity without scholars), meaning you get

Scholar gives:

* 6% pdps from 225 ferocity

* 5% pdps while above 90% health

Flame Legion gives:

* 7% pdps

* 4% dps from the burning

This further means (taking 90.5% of total dps being pdps):

Scholar evens out at around 9.95% overall dps while Flame Legion goes to around 10.4%

So actually Flame Legion seems superior to me (by 0.5%), as it's more dmg on paper and does not have the 90% health threshold problem, with the disadvantage of the higher condi part being less bursty.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

> @"Zunki.3916" said:

> > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > i know Flame legion runes have been mentioned but i dont think there as good as scholar

>

> I'm currently calculating a bit and they aren't bad. On the current power sword build burning is roughly 9.5% of total dmg. You increase that portion by around 42%, means your total damage inreases by 4% through the increased burning duration.

> 225 Ferocity translates to around 6% more pdps (assuming you have 1500 ferocity without scholars), meaning you get

>

> Scholar gives:

> * 6% pdps from 225 ferocity

> * 5% pdps while above 90% health

>

> Flame Legion gives:

> * 7% pdps

> * 4% dps from the burning

>

> This further means (taking 90.5% of total dps being pdps):

> Scholar evens out at around 9.95% overall dps while Flame Legion goes to around 10.4%

>

> So actually Flame Legion seems superior to me (by 0.5%), as it's more dmg on paper and does not have the 90% health threshold problem, with the disadvantage of the higher condi part being less bursty.

>

> Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Try with runes of fire. Not sure how it looks for pve (although alacrity helps a lot with uptime), but it looks quite promising for staff in wvw.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Zunki.3916" said:

> > > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > i know Flame legion runes have been mentioned but i dont think there as good as scholar

> >

> > I'm currently calculating a bit and they aren't bad. On the current power sword build burning is roughly 9.5% of total dmg. You increase that portion by around 42%, means your total damage inreases by 4% through the increased burning duration.

> > 225 Ferocity translates to around 6% more pdps (assuming you have 1500 ferocity without scholars), meaning you get

> >

> > Scholar gives:

> > * 6% pdps from 225 ferocity

> > * 5% pdps while above 90% health

> >

> > Flame Legion gives:

> > * 7% pdps

> > * 4% dps from the burning

> >

> > This further means (taking 90.5% of total dps being pdps):

> > Scholar evens out at around 9.95% overall dps while Flame Legion goes to around 10.4%

> >

> > So actually Flame Legion seems superior to me (by 0.5%), as it's more dmg on paper and does not have the 90% health threshold problem, with the disadvantage of the higher condi part being less bursty.

> >

> > Please correct me if I'm wrong.

>

> Try with runes of fire. Not sure how it looks for pve (although alacrity helps a lot with uptime), but it looks quite promising for staff in wvw.

Break even point seems to be at around 80% fire aura uptime. I think Flame Legion is the safer option but still, Rune of Fire is better than I expected at first.

> @"Scapper.4236" said:

> > @"ThiBash.5634" said:

> > Did some tests today and the Rock Dog deals about 400 dps (500 with vulnerability on the target). That's roughly 1% damage if your dps is 40k. Not sure if I'd use it over Scholar to be honest. But it is a very cool rune. :)

>

> Build and set up?

Doesn't matter. The summons don't scale with gear or personal boons. They can receive boons, but those will likely go to players in actual raid scenarios. The only that really affects them is vulnerability.