We have a serious problem with an individual trolling right now

stoldark.8704

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > We'll have to see what Anet does about this.

>

> We won't. Because nothing will happen.

Well yeah, given the track record of Anet giving a damn about WvW you may be right, but still, i can hope. :tongue:

> @Roxanne.6140 said:

> U guys do see the issue here right. If anybody can get banned for throwing siege in subjectively useless places, there is an Avenue for angry pitchfork villagers to burn their server mates. This includes little wvw noobs from pve who are exploring the siege feature.

There's a difference in someone putting siege somewhere because they're new, and not doing it again when people explain how that works. They say, "oops", everyone laughs, and they go on following the commander.

It's a different thing entirely when that siege is placed on purpose all the time over downed players, objectives and everything OP described. That's systematic and thought out, there's no newbie error here, and i'm sure everyone asked that person to stop, and i think OP mentioned that the person knows what they are doing and is laughing at people reporting him. Meaning, he knows what he's doing is wrong and he's doing it anyway.

I once pulled a tactivator cause i was a noob and wanted to see what it does. I didn't get banned nor was anyone angry cause i was so obviously green that everyone practically expected me to pull it lol, no one was surprised one bit. But now i know what they are and i'm not doing it anymore.

There's a huge difference between ruining people's game on purpose by exploiting game mechanics and being new and not understanding.

> @Roxanne.6140 said:

> U guys do see the issue here right. If anybody can get banned for throwing siege in subjectively useless places, there is an Avenue for angry pitchfork villagers to burn their server mates. This includes little wvw noobs from pve who are exploring the siege feature.

U can see difference fast enough. If guy is running around with zerg... and throw cata at gate once a time, some ppl tell him what to do and what not and he can learn.

But if there is running guy and build 20 balistas inside garrisson, spamming ewp and run with commander putting rams at enemy walls, ballistas at gates for 6 hours in row... u know that is wrong. One thing destroying gameplay, second .. coz of that server loosing fights / points.

For this they use 2nd acc... and sent gold/ sieges... so u can trace them to real acc who did this. Nobody care if they get banned 2nd trolling acc.

And with statements anet does, u cant get them easily banned.... so for them no problem.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @Rezzet.3614 said:

> Unfortunetly nothing can be done without videos , because when support looks up data it shows as if the player engaged combat and drops siege data doesnt show where or how was the siege placed

That's not true at all. I'll see if I can dig into this tomorrow and handle the worst offenders myself.

> @"Chris Cleary.8017" said:

> > @Rezzet.3614 said:

> > Unfortunetly nothing can be done without videos , because when support looks up data it shows as if the player engaged combat and drops siege data doesnt show where or how was the siege placed

>

> That's not true at all. I'll see if I can dig into this tomorrow and handle the worst offenders myself.

Good to hear, these issues have been more frequent lately. Along with hacking, glitching, exploiting etc.

Also, odd time for someone from Anet to post :o

> > @Rezzet.3614 said:

> > Unfortunetly nothing can be done without videos , because when support looks up data it shows as if the player engaged combat and drops siege data doesnt show where or how was the siege placed

>

> That's not true at all. I'll see if I can dig into this tomorrow and handle the worst offenders myself.

I love you Chris <3

> > @Rezzet.3614 said:

>

Can you make a video again?

> > @Rezzet.3614 said:

>

I'm on Elona Reach. Face was trolling here for years, since launch basically, and despite numerous reports, the answer to the WvW community was always "we can't do anything about it". She's inactive now afaik, but after 4 years and nothing done I don't think anyone at Anet gives a fuck about trolls in WvW.

> > @Rezzet.3614 said:

>

behold, the mighty ban hammer has spoken :D