Gift of desert mastery

Nah its fine. Malediktus you play since beta. 115k karma is nothing.

-------------signature----------

First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.

And now you complain about 115k Karma?!

Its an alternate way to the hot gift and its fine. at first anet said only hot gift works . its always good to have another way to reach your goal too :)

thx anet its a good solution you have found :)

> @Malediktus.9250 said:

> Just because I do have millions of Karma, does not mean I want to waste it for something that should be auto included in the map reward chest like on vanilla on HoT maps.

Future patch notes

> Increased the price of the _Gift of Maguuma Mastery_ to include 115000 karma, consistent with the _Gift of Desert Mastery_

> Renamed _Gift of Maguuma_ to _Gift of Heart of Thorns of Maguuma Mastery_ for consistency

> @Malediktus.9250 said:

> Just because I do have millions of Karma, does not mean I want to waste it for something that should be auto included in the map reward chest like on vanilla on HoT maps.

good news you dont have to waste it

jsut do gift of maguuma instead

fixed it for you

> @Zaron.1987 said:

> > @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > Just because I do have millions of Karma, does not mean I want to waste it for something that should be auto included in the map reward chest like on vanilla on HoT maps.

>

> good news you dont have to waste it

>

> jsut do gift of maguuma instead

>

> fixed it for you

It has an issue also, you need 16 character slots if you want to build all the legendaries with HoT gifts without deleting characters. So the desert gifts would have been perfect.

> @"Sephirus Drakonis.6903" said:

> So how do I get these? I've done the PoF maps on 5 different characters and I really really REALLY don't want to make more characters, get them to 80, and explore the maps yet again to get something I should already have.

You get it from Karma Vendors **AFTER** your toon has done map completion. NOTE: it's per toon, not per account! I've already got 3 Oasis Gifts. And they're 23K Karma each.

Thanks Zaron.1987 for passing on this info! :+1:

Here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Desert

Hmm.. the wiki doesn't have all the Karma vendors listed presently, so here they are from the reddit post:

Oasis: Priestess Karima

Highlands: Tendaji

Riverlands: Follower Xunn

Desolation: Kisha Odili

> @Zaron.1987 said:

> Nah its fine. Malediktus you play since beta. 115k karma is nothing.

>

> -------------signature----------

> First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.

>

> And now you complain about 115k Karma?!

>

>

> Its an alternate way to the hot gift and its fine. at first anet said only hot gift works . its always good to have another way to reach your goal too :)

>

> thx anet its a good solution you have found :)

No, it's not "fine" at all.

> @Krypto.2069 said:

> > @"Sephirus Drakonis.6903" said:

> > So how do I get these? I've done the PoF maps on 5 different characters and I really really REALLY don't want to make more characters, get them to 80, and explore the maps yet again to get something I should already have.

>

> You get it from Karma Vendors after your toon has done map completion. NOTE: it's per toon, not per account! I've already got 3 Oasis Gifts.

> Thanks Zaron.1987 for passing on this info! :+1:

>

> Here:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Desert

>

Thanks for the info! Shame I really don't have much karma at all, wish those tokens they give you for item trade-ins at heart vendors gave just a bit more.

I'm mildly discontent with having to spend Karma on this as well. I completed the maps, I should get the gifts on the character that did that. (Or am I misunderstanding?) Perhaps they could offer both as options. Map complete for the gift, or spend the Karma. Those that don't want to Map Complete don't have to, those that prefer to Map Complete can take that route. Or any combination there of as they feel the need.

Ok, the process works. I just completed getting all the PoF Gifts and making the **GIFT of the DESERT** on my warrior.

If you got the Karma, it's a nice alternative/additional method vs. doing the HoT maps for the Gift of Maguuma for the _newer_ Gen2 legendaries.

(See the release notes from 11/28/17 regarding which Gen2 legendaries the Gift of the Desert will work for.)

I'll probably complete this process on two other toons once they finish map completion for the PoF maps.

Cheers! :+1:

![](https://imgur.com/0BuMmdE.jpg "")

As I read this thread, Aerlen, it's not a mess up or a forgetting. Someone said that even completing a map post patch means you still have to go spend the karma for the Gift. Given that PoF maps are tons easier to complete than HoT ones, it seems a fair enough trade off.

Disclaimer: I have millions of karma and almost never spend it. Also I am only maaaaybe going to make another legendary since I'm a primary contributor to my guild hall which needs tons of elder wood planks still. So my interest in this is academic.