Thief in raids?

JayPanda.1304

I would say a power thief performs well compared to others on many bosses **if on an average/ below average raid group** because you can spam vault if you don't have quickness, and you aren't dependent on alacrity as much as other classes. You can also slot in invigorating precision if the healer is garbagio. Power thief is basically useless for speed clears or when everyone knows what they are doing.

Condi thief still does very very competitive dps I would say. Based on the QT benchmark, it might seem subpar, but you have to know that it doesn't take into account any combo finishers, which gets spammed a lot during fights.

I doubt anyone would really boot a condi thief.

> @Lalainnia.3598 said:

> lol this thread is funny condi DD is still amazing as Platanos already stated in actual raids with countless whirl finishers its dps goes up not to mention it brings amazing break bar power with basi venom. As for power platanos already explained it.

Or i can bring about as any class in raid, do about as much dps if not more and bring group support on top of it.....

> @Nemezijus.6851 said:

> Topics like this is the reason why raiders are being called elitists.

More like reflection of the current state of raids. The only way you can get into raid atm as thief is being on guild group that doesn't care. It has been like this since raids were introduced really. I personally had to roll other classes and farm elite specs just so i can pug/get into raiding guilds since 99.99% of the groups didn't want my thief.

> @Cynz.9437 said:

> > @Nemezijus.6851 said:

> > Topics like this is the reason why raiders are being called elitists.

>

> More like reflection of the current state of raids. The only way you can get into raid atm as thief is being on guild group that doesn't care. It has been like this since raids were introduced really. I personally had to roll other classes and farm elite specs just so i can pug/get into raiding guilds since 99.99% of the groups didn't want my thief.

Yeah, I understand this. Reading up about raid-related issues in community I came to conclusion I will never do LFG for raids. I might join my guild for raid trainings just to experience this, but thats all. I'm loving my DD thief and I don't feel like being subjected for a trial by elite squad whether they should boot me or not. And I have had that with dungeons when a group with no spec requirements in LFG just booted me out the moment I joined them.

To all the thieves out there - it is a great class with rich diversity for DPS condi or mobility (whichever you need), so don't let anyone put you down for the class you chose and are mastering it. Thieves are great.

> @Nemezijus.6851 said:

> Topics like this is the reason why raiders are being called elitists.

Yeah this has nothing to do with being elitist, this is just from personal experience. Been kicked from a few pug groups due to being a thief. Was just wondering if many others had the same issue.

They are good in Raids where mobility is pretty damn important. But as much as I hate to say it... there's very little reason to take a thief right now. DD might have one of the highest DPS, but guess what? Get a ele and suddenly it is a moot point.

If you are doing what ever... then your choices don't matter. You can still beat raids with all thieves.