Is current developer criticism warranted or are we just demanding too much?

Jacuzzi.1643

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> I recognize the need for income. Free things are awesome, but there's no such thing as a free lunch. If there's something I want but cannot afford, I simply resolve myself to not get that thing. If there's something I want but can afford, I buy it.

Perhaps I started a little late in the game, but I've noticed several times after spending all day on a map, I really have nothing to show for it other than a few scraps and it costs me a fortune with all the microtransactions such as traveling to wavepoints, salvaging exotic items only to get a brick of mithral, listing fees, selling fees, etc. At the end of the day I pretty much break even.

By the way, I do like pretty things but since its so expensive I need to think twice.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're playing this game pure aiming for profit then you're nothing different than the gaming industry.

A huge part of this game is made for playing together, even playing solo you can 'join' a group event and get rewarded. This is the foundation of open world GW2: Freedom.

If you're tempted to buy expensive skins from the store, no one will stop you. And most of the other store content is simply convenience. Convenience as in luxury. Extra slots, inventory, storage.

Meanwhile it's no problem for ArenaNet for you to enjoy the game and buy nothing, except the expansions if you're interested. Seasonal chapters are free as long as you login during it's first weeks of release....

Jeez... what are we complaining about .

Consider, if everyone was agreeable and "nice guy" what would the world have achieved? If people earned pity prizes for participation! The world needs demand for there to be supply, companies invest billions in data mining information to know what customers want, based on their patterns ^^ Isn't that lovely? They may as well simply check on the forums for direct feedback, instead of "indirect" information, since what we decide to buy is less than ideal, it's limited by what's on the market, so this data mined info about our purchases, says nothing about our demands, it reciprocates on what we choose from a poor list of choices, sometimes these choices are provided based on earlier datamined info, thus outrage, yes some of us keep buying, but this isn't the ideal market and you're not making the ideal profit, datamining is not a predictor of customer satisfaction, we aren't faced with great choices anymore, instead we go for the least bad ones. So consider the forums the cheap and efficient way to know what people want and don't want, what we like and dislike, there's no need for you to treat us like guinea pigs, just go for the tried and true method of listening to feedback!