New fractal titles should give AP

Still the prestige comes from a title, there’s no need to hide AP behind excessive resource stinks.

Edit: Inspired by this thread I thought I’d make a motion to remove all AP not attainable equally to old and new players or to bring back LS1 AP. I do hope people will support this so that the AP hunting can remain a competitive environment open to all that wish to go for max AP.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > Again that makes no sense. Anet removed the AP from the season titles before anyone actually earned them, so noone got anything stolen from them.

> > They are also not "indefinitely" available to all. The highest tier is available to one person per season per megaserver and there is no mechanic in place to keep the same people block the spots on the leaderboard over and over.

> > It would be better if people would get back to the original topic of the thread or I will feel forced to ask the moderators to intervene, the derailing is getting out of hand.

>

> From what I see people are mostly against your idea. You also didn't provide anything new to discuss here :)

From what I gather only a small amount of people responded to the topic so far at all, mostly the same names over and over which outed themselves of just disagreeing because they dislike my goals and not the idea itself. Further posts of said people just make additional arguments just look like strawman arguments to be honest. Roughly 5 people are hardly a sample size worth mentioning. Ultimately it comes down to wether Anet considers my points convincing - similar to the change to WvW achievements and the pvp season achievements - and not how many forum users like or dislike the idea.

> @Malediktus.9250 said:

> From what I gather only a small amount of people responded to the topic so far at all, mostly the same names over and over which outed themselves of just disagreeing because they dislike my goals and not the idea itself. Further posts of said people just make additional arguments just look like strawman arguments to be honest. Roughly 5 people are hardly a sample size worth mentioning. Ultimately it comes down to wether Anet considers my points convincing - similar to the change to WvW achievements and the pvp season achievements - and not how many forum users like or dislike the idea.

>

I need to go look for leaderboards to get whats happening .... why this topic appears. Ok, you are 2nd now, so you need some option how to again be first. Why people dont care about this topic? Because they dont live from AP like you, 10 here, 50 there... dont care. You are the half brain king between retards, you think that ppl will worship you for that ? Some ppl will like have your AP, but nobody want invest that much time into it, its like ultimate badge of nolife.

And back to topic... it think everything that needs lot of time invest can have AP set into it... for some ppl 200hours to 5ap is still good tradeoff, let them have purpose why to do that boring crap.

> @intox.6347 said:

> > @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > From what I gather only a small amount of people responded to the topic so far at all, mostly the same names over and over which outed themselves of just disagreeing because they dislike my goals and not the idea itself. Further posts of said people just make additional arguments just look like strawman arguments to be honest. Roughly 5 people are hardly a sample size worth mentioning. Ultimately it comes down to wether Anet considers my points convincing - similar to the change to WvW achievements and the pvp season achievements - and not how many forum users like or dislike the idea.

> >

> I need to go look for leaderboards to get whats happening .... why this topic appears. Ok, you are 2nd now, so you need some option how to again be first. Why people dont care about this topic? Because they dont live from AP like you, 10 here, 50 there... dont care. You are the half brain king between kitten, you think that ppl will worship you for that ? Some ppl will like have your AP, but nobody want invest that much time into it, its like ultimate badge of nolife.

>

> And back to topic... it think everything that needs lot of time invest can have AP set into it... for some ppl 200hours to 5ap is still good tradeoff, let them have purpose why to do that boring crap.

>

>

Well then, I think people who get top pvp achievements should get at least 1k AP for their accomplishment. It's much harder to beat all these players in time restricted season than to farm stuff like OP wants to. In my book if OP gets some APs for his time here, Anet should reintroduce APs for PvP Gods :)

Only when people's time is respected and rewarded in all game modes equally we can say this thread is relevant. Without it, this is only personal agenda of OP to manipulate anet to cheat the system for him again :)

> @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> The same way theres no ap for high ranks in pvp, high ranks in wvw, there shouldn't be ap for the hardcore fractal players

I feel the other way. Let there be AP for high ranks in pvp and wvw, _especially_ give those top (200? 250?) pvpers their AP back, and let there be AP for the hardcore fractal players. Let a wider variety of things give AP. I feel that high AP should have been designed to indicate that someone's put a great deal of effort into being skilled at everything, rather than just indicating someone who has a lot of gold to spend like it kinda is now.