When do we get to kill Braham?

Maskah.1486

> @"Doam.8305" said:

> > @"TheOrlyFactor.8341" said:

> > > @"OneYenShort.3189" said:

> > > What is it with people wanting to kill everything in sight? There are other ways to remove characters from primary story without killing them.

> >

> > I know right?

> >

> > A lot of forum users here need a hug.

>

> It's not difficult to understand

>

> Season 1 doesn't exist and many players have never experienced it and thus half the characters are souless people who just showed up one day. The reward for killing an elder dragon was to be knocked out cold and kidnapped by a bunch or weirdos with a strange obsession with calling you boss. Then all of a sudden one of these strangers gets all hateful. There is no connection and thus the only thing you have is a character you'd rather not have around and thus people want them removed and behold Braham was indeed removed from the picture. Though he will return unless we kill him or something the random nobodies have appeared less and less which is a good thing. The don't care about them thus some want them dead and others don't care one way or another people aren't invested in these characters whose stories exist outside the game so disliking them in natural.

Was he in Season 1?

Yeah, I can't play as it doesn't exist for me to experience. I do know I didn't know or care about him in HoT as all I saw was "Who is this butterfaced freak of nature Norn thing with messed up hair?" Then found out who he was related to and thought "Took all his looks from the father... huh?"

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Doam.8305" said:

> Season 1 doesn't exist and many players have never experienced it and thus half the characters are souless people who just showed up one day. The reward for killing an elder dragon was to be knocked out cold and kidnapped by a bunch or weirdos with a strange obsession with calling you boss. Then all of a sudden one of these strangers gets all hateful. There is no connection and thus the only thing you have is a character you'd rather not have around and thus people want them removed and behold Braham was indeed removed from the picture. Though he will return unless we kill him or something the random nobodies have appeared less and less which is a good thing. The don't care about them thus some want them dead and others don't care one way or another people aren't invested in these characters whose stories exist outside the game so disliking them in natural.

This is absolutely it. For some reason I've been removed from Logan, Caithe, and Eir and put in with these crazy, completely unlikable group that I care nothing about. My character is constantly talked over by these strangers, and forced to go along with plans and ideas that make no sense. Forcing my character to react to them in ways that I would never react (ie: anything other than 'who are you and what are you doing in my home') breaks immersion _every time my commander talks._ It's worse with the new voice acted system because there's no way to skip it. Every cutscene I'm forced to window out or break immersion and windowing out of a game doesn't help much in the immersion department.

The thing that eats at me though, is it could have been _so_ easy. Grab Faren. Grab five other characters from our personal stories and bam! You have a team, and it's a team the players like and feel a connection with. It's simple, requires no effort, and was completely passed over in favor of Canach, and a group people I don't know or like.

Who writes this crap anyway?

> @"Finalfreefall.8247" said:

> > @"Doam.8305" said:

> > Season 1 doesn't exist and many players have never experienced it and thus half the characters are souless people who just showed up one day. The reward for killing an elder dragon was to be knocked out cold and kidnapped by a bunch or weirdos with a strange obsession with calling you boss. Then all of a sudden one of these strangers gets all hateful. There is no connection and thus the only thing you have is a character you'd rather not have around and thus people want them removed and behold Braham was indeed removed from the picture. Though he will return unless we kill him or something the random nobodies have appeared less and less which is a good thing. The don't care about them thus some want them dead and others don't care one way or another people aren't invested in these characters whose stories exist outside the game so disliking them in natural.

>

>

> This is absolutely it. For some reason I've been removed from Logan, Caithe, and Eir and put in with these crazy, completely unlikable group that I care nothing about. My character is constantly talked over by these strangers, and forced to go along with plans and ideas that make no sense. Forcing my character to react to them in ways that I would never react (ie: anything other than 'who are you and what are you doing in my home') breaks immersion _every time my commander talks._ It's worse with the new voice acted system because there's no way to skip it. Every cutscene I'm forced to window out or break immersion and windowing out of a game doesn't help much in the immersion department.

>

> The thing that eats at me though, is it could have been _so_ easy. Grab Faren. Grab five other characters from our personal stories and bam! You have a team, and it's a team the players like and feel a connection with. It's simple, requires no effort, and was completely passed over in favor of Canach, and a group people I don't know or like.

>

> Who writes this crap anyway?

While I'm enjoying the game, I agree that it would have been lots more fun to go on these adventures with a team of characters that we had come to know and like earlier.

One of the problems I had as a newcomer was the assumption of knowledge. I was supposed to know and care about a team of people that were complete strangers to me as a character because (A.) I did not play Guild Wars 1, and (B.) I had only played my own first character's personal story, and didn't know any of the 'dream team' except Zojja, outside of that one episode were they all got together to yell at one another.

As someone who has trouble remembering names and faces in real life, it was hard to feel really connected with Destiny's Edge in the first place. (Oh, um, she died? Who was she again? And who is this Rytlock who is supposed to be coming back from 'the mists,' anyway, whatever they are?) But then to have pretty much everyone around me change over to a completely new team that my character seemed to know, but I did not, was also frustrating.

It made it very hard to feel that I was part of this world, instead of just some passing alien who decided to control a random stranger.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> Was he even in the PoF storyline? I don't remember seeing him after he cry pouted away in season 3, and I only played through PoF once so far, at launch. I remember not being annoyed by him, so I assumed he was missing (but not missed). I would be fine if they turned him into a man, but it disgusts me the person chosen to represent the "viking" race is such a whiney kitten.

No he wasn't. The Norn were the only race not represented in PoF.

> @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > Was he even in the PoF storyline? I don't remember seeing him after he cry pouted away in season 3, and I only played through PoF once so far, at launch. I remember not being annoyed by him, so I assumed he was missing (but not missed). I would be fine if they turned him into a man, but it disgusts me the person chosen to represent the "viking" race is such a whiney kitten.

>

> No he wasn't. The Norn were the only race not represented in PoF.

Lies. We have that wonderful Norn Dawnwynn who we asked on where the Exhalted took care of Vlast.

She doesn't talk much, but I like her. She's not like typical Norns.

> @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > Was he even in the PoF storyline? I don't remember seeing him after he cry pouted away in season 3, and I only played through PoF once so far, at launch. I remember not being annoyed by him, so I assumed he was missing (but not missed). I would be fine if they turned him into a man, but it disgusts me the person chosen to represent the "viking" race is such a whiney kitten.

>

> No he wasn't. The Norn were the only race not represented in PoF.

I didn't think so. I miss Eir.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > Was he even in the PoF storyline? I don't remember seeing him after he cry pouted away in season 3, and I only played through PoF once so far, at launch. I remember not being annoyed by him, so I assumed he was missing (but not missed). I would be fine if they turned him into a man, but it disgusts me the person chosen to represent the "viking" race is such a whiney kitten.

> >

> > No he wasn't. The Norn were the only race not represented in PoF.

>

> Lies. We have that wonderful Norn Dawnwynn who we asked on where the Exhalted took care of Vlast.

> She doesn't talk much, but I like her. She's not like typical Norns.

Lol, she doesn't count. She isn't part of the "cool kids group." Seriously though, I would love if the crybaby would take a page from her book and just STFU, and fight bad guys.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > Was he even in the PoF storyline? I don't remember seeing him after he cry pouted away in season 3, and I only played through PoF once so far, at launch. I remember not being annoyed by him, so I assumed he was missing (but not missed). I would be fine if they turned him into a man, but it disgusts me the person chosen to represent the "viking" race is such a whiney kitten.

> >

> > No he wasn't. The Norn were the only race not represented in PoF.

>

> Lies. We have that wonderful Norn Dawnwynn who we asked on where the Exhalted took care of Vlast.

> She doesn't talk much, but I like her. She's not like typical Norns.

She's a heart npc, not a main character. There was no Norn main character in the story. Out of the two we had, one was off doing his own thing and the other is dead.

• 2 months later...

Necromancy is a strong ally my friend....

Seems like Brahm isgetting a hold of himself. We'll see where this goes. As far as "NPC most likely to be smited by my mighty blade if this was a perfect Tyria" goes, Drooburt is my object of hate at the moment.

> @"Maskah.1486" said:

> Seriously! He is an unfunny Leroy Jenkins with shallow personality and no redeeming qualities. He is a completely unlikeable skinhead brooding manchild! Given the chance I am pretty sure most players would smoke him!

Truer words have never been written. He's the Frieza of GW 2 in terms of a character that should be gone, but the writers have a personal obsession with him and will keep him around and dedicate precious storytime and development to him just to indulge themselves. Give 'im to me... I'll feed the useless sap to my Wyverns :p