Don't like multi-maps

Asur.9178

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Asur.9178 said:

> Sure, if you want to kill the game.

How would that kill the game? It would just stop multi looting like crazy. I mean it would suck for people who joined a meta map with not enough people, and then join another one which is also empty, then they are pretty much stuck in 2 dead meta maps. People don't need to go to more than 2 different map instances in less than 10mins each.

> @Menadena.7482 said:

> > @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> > Not sure what the answer is to this one, just a shame that people will look to game the system when the map design is like this. I think one of the better options might be less timer based and more event base triggers to advance the map. Now that said we don't have visibility into the upcoming maps so this might cause issues with maps we have no information on yet and conflicting events, but map advances driven by events do require players to play the content versus just jump to the rewards section. I don't have problems with farmers unless they farm at the expense of everyone else playing the content as designed, that becomes an issue.

>

> Actually, they do cause a problem: they spike the population, making the event scale up, then leave for another map all at once. I joined the squad near me during one of the new metas yesterday and they were openly hostile about there being another commander on the map, even trying to figure out a way to get them to disconnect.

That's why I said unless its at the expense of others. I posted very similar thoughts to yours on the removed multi-map thread and cited this as one of the issues with cross-map farming. It just causes multiple issues with other squads/people on the maps.

> @"Orion Templar.4589" said:

> I wouldn't want to see any kind of artificial restriction on joining maps, but I would like to see it so each chest can only be looted once per event cycle. So even if you switch maps or switch characters, that particular chest will appear as opened and "looted" to you until the next event cycle.

Good idea

Would be the best fix

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Here's the patch note: _Supply chests in the Mordant Crescent Great Hall meta-event can no longer be looted without first participating in the event_.

>

> What does this tell us about the ML issue?

Good.

I happened to log on a few minutes late the other day and decided to run up to the hall. Everything was over when I got there but chests were lying around, although I was puzzled why there were no chests in the innermost part.

I have no issue with smaller chests being available since that is the case in silverwastes, bitterfrost, and so on. The large chests should only be obtainable if you were actually in the event though.

> @Zaklex.6308 said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Here's the patch note: _Supply chests in the Mordant Crescent Great Hall meta-event can no longer be looted without first participating in the event_.

> >

> > What does this tell us about the ML issue?

>

> That tells us nothing about the multi-loot event which leans more towards the assault on Palawadon, though GC did mention the Great Hall event as well, they are focused on the 30 chests that spawn in Palawadon during the Sunspear attack.

Big chests are one thing but I am not sure how you would do that with all the small chests. There are multiple events going on in Palawdan, in the hall they are chained. If anything you could do away with all the small chests in the hall but it gets tricky with Palawadon as somebody might have participated in another small event there that was running at the same time.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > @Teratus.2859 said:

> > No fan of multi-loot either.. imo it's pretty much an exploit.

>

> An exploit is using a bug to gain an unfair advantage. It is a breach of the user agreement and get people banned. It is like saying someone is pretty much a murderer and imo very harsh.

>

A murderer? that's a little on the ridiculous extreme side.. I'd go as far as cheater at worst maybe but definitely not comparable to murder lol.

> There might be or might not be a bug involved. I personally suspect the meta was rushed cause it was a fair criticism of PoF (lacking good meta’s). So even if it was unintended, I do think it is more a feature. But further, it doesn’t give you an unfair advantage as everyone can do it. If it s desirable or should be removed is another story. I think the event do need some adjustment in the reward and the reward mechanic.

There doesn't need to be a bug involved.. merely any unintended oversight by the developers that gets taken advantage of can be regarded as an exploit.

Auric Basin multi loot was regarded an exploit by the devs but since they didn't have a fix on hand they let it slide.. was either that or ban potentially thousands of players for doing it..

Chances are this multi loot will also be fixed at some point as well.