Is it just me or is the new currency volatile magic, lackluster, when compared to unbound magic?

> @"DarkSpirit.7046" said:

> I suppose ArenaNet would have new mining, harvesting, and logging tools for volatile magic soon, like what they did for unbound magic. But the new volatile magic doesn't seem to be as worth it. You can't trade them for ascended items?

There's ascended ring and earring (i think) in the E2 vendor.

> @"DarkSpirit.7046" said:

> I suppose ArenaNet would have new mining, harvesting, and logging tools for volatile magic soon, like what they did for unbound magic. But the new volatile magic doesn't seem to be as worth it. You can't trade them for ascended items?

The new currency is more than worth it. However, as you said, farming it is a HUGE pain in the behind. :(

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"DarkSpirit.7046" said:

> > I suppose ArenaNet would have new mining, harvesting, and logging tools for volatile magic soon, like what they did for unbound magic. But the new volatile magic doesn't seem to be as worth it. You can't trade them for ascended items?

>

> There's ascended ring and earring (i think) in the E2 vendor.

No HoT stats on new ones make the LS3 ones way better so far. Especially i don't think they will give us anything even close to how good the Bitterfrost berry farm is.

Still, i'd rather they went with unbound magic, and used only map currency to restrict the rewards. Seriously - i'd have to be delusional to buy the new volatile tools when they finally get released in gemshop. Unbound ones weren't exactly cheap, and i won't be obsoleting them just because of a new thing - especially, since (thankfully), as i have already mentioned, unbound magic still seems to be better and i don't think it's going to change later in the LS.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"DarkSpirit.7046" said:

> > > I suppose ArenaNet would have new mining, harvesting, and logging tools for volatile magic soon, like what they did for unbound magic. But the new volatile magic doesn't seem to be as worth it. You can't trade them for ascended items?

> >

> > There's ascended ring and earring (i think) in the E2 vendor.

> No HoT stats on new ones make the LS3 ones way better so far. Especially i don't think they will give us anything even close to how good the Bitterfrost berry farm is.

> Still, i'd rather they went with unbound magic, and used only map currency to restrict the rewards. Seriously - i'd have to be delusional to buy the new volatile tools when they finally get released in gemshop. Unbound ones weren't exactly cheap, and i won't be obsoleting them just because of a new thing - especially, since (thankfully), as i have already mentioned, unbound magic still seems to be better and i don't think it's going to change later in the LS.

That i do agree... It's not great complicating things game has enough currencies as it is... They could have stuck to volatile.