Reputation Tiers for gems purchased

I have a new idea for ANet to encourage gem purchases.

Rift has different Tiers associated with cash shop purchase amounts, these come with exclusive rewards.

Why not an exclusive legendary armor set, then I could work my way towards it without dealing with rejection from Raiders because I play a Power Reaper, then you guys get more financial support right?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Many people will quit the game if you could just buy legendary armour.

Anet takes pride in the fact that their gem shop is for cosmetics and account upgrades only.

If you want legendary armour, do the content. Only the Raiding set has an exclusive skin, PvP and WvW gets a functional legendary set.

> @Haleydawn.3764 said:

> No. Many people will quit the game if you could just buy legendary armour.

> Anet takes pride in the fact that their gem shop is for cosmetics and account upgrades only.

>

> If you want legendary armour, do the content. Only the Raiding set has an exclusive skin, PvP and WvW gets a functional legendary set.

Not true I can buy any leg weapon I want with a card.

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> I have a new idea for ANet to encourage gem purchases.

>

> Rift has different Tiers associated with cash shop purchase amounts, these come with exclusive rewards.

>

> Why not an exclusive legendary armor set, then I could work my way towards it without dealing with rejection from Raiders because I play a Power Reaper, then you guys get more financial support right?

If you only play power reaper what possible use would legendary armour have for you? Even if you wanted to vary your armour stats you could just get 4 or 5 ascended sets for the same result.

> @Coulter.2315 said:

> > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > I have a new idea for ANet to encourage gem purchases.

> >

> > Rift has different Tiers associated with cash shop purchase amounts, these come with exclusive rewards.

> >

> > Why not an exclusive legendary armor set, then I could work my way towards it without dealing with rejection from Raiders because I play a Power Reaper, then you guys get more financial support right?

>

> If you only play power reaper what possible use would legendary armour have for you? Even if you wanted to vary your armour stats you could just get 4 or 5 ascended sets for the same result.

To look cool.

> > @Coulter.2315 said:

> > > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > I have a new idea for ANet to encourage gem purchases.

> > >

> > > Rift has different Tiers associated with cash shop purchase amounts, these come with exclusive rewards.

> > >

> > > Why not an exclusive legendary armor set, then I could work my way towards it without dealing with rejection from Raiders because I play a Power Reaper, then you guys get more financial support right?

> >

> > If you only play power reaper what possible use would legendary armour have for you? Even if you wanted to vary your armour stats you could just get 4 or 5 ascended sets for the same result.

>

> To look cool.

![](https://i.imgur.com/sckghzj.jpg "")

So people could just buy the look and stats what others worked their kitten off. Sounds reasonable. Wait... NOT.

I am the proud example of the person who never got a single precursor or high value drop in the game and still made 5 legendary weapon and 1 legendary armor set without being even close to the best players out there. I am average at button pushing at best. Still I was investing energy to make the armor set by running endlessly Raids. Took a while but it worked. IF I could find a forming group and grow together with them (accepting that we just sitting on a single boss for hours), anyone can do it. If someone says NO, its just because they are lazy to invest energy / time (not money) into the game.

If your only skill is having tons of real life cash, buy the old legendary weapons and the shiny mount / costume skins to show off but don't just expect ANET to hand over the best armor set in game for basically nothing.

> @gaborkaldy.3210 said:

> So people could just buy the look and stats what others worked their kitten off. Sounds reasonable. Wait... NOT.

>

> I am the proud example of the person who never got a single precursor or high value drop in the game and still made 5 legendary weapon and 1 legendary armor set without being even close to the best players out there. I am average at button pushing at best. Still I was investing energy to make the armor set by running endlessly Raids. Took a while but it worked. IF I could find a forming group and grow together with them (accepting that we just sitting on a single boss for hours), anyone can do it. If someone says NO, its just because they are lazy to invest energy / time (not money) into the game.

>

> If your only skill is having tons of real life cash, buy the old legendary weapons and the shiny mount / costume skins to show off but don't just expect ANET to hand over the best armor set in game for basically nothing.

Your welcome by the way for bankrolling your endeavor, I'm too busy working full time, I'm suggesting Patron recognition no different than people that get honorable mentions in programs for theaters or museums of which they get additional access most people do not get.

> > @gaborkaldy.3210 said:

> > So people could just buy the look and stats what others worked their kitten off. Sounds reasonable. Wait... NOT.

> >

> > I am the proud example of the person who never got a single precursor or high value drop in the game and still made 5 legendary weapon and 1 legendary armor set without being even close to the best players out there. I am average at button pushing at best. Still I was investing energy to make the armor set by running endlessly Raids. Took a while but it worked. IF I could find a forming group and grow together with them (accepting that we just sitting on a single boss for hours), anyone can do it. If someone says NO, its just because they are lazy to invest energy / time (not money) into the game.

> >

> > If your only skill is having tons of real life cash, buy the old legendary weapons and the shiny mount / costume skins to show off but don't just expect ANET to hand over the best armor set in game for basically nothing.

>

> Your welcome by the way for bankrolling your endeavor, I'm too busy working full time, I'm suggesting Patron recognition no different than people that get honorable mentions in programs for theaters or museums of which they get additional access most people do not get.

Here we go, the “I work full time excuse”.

Most people do work full time FYI. I do. I still have 8/9 characters kitted in 100% Ascended, and have made 7 legendary weapons I’ve bound to my account, made and sold a further 3, and have made Ad Infinitum and The Ascension. This is the tip of the iceberg compared to other players.

You want the gear, work towards it like every other player.

The "Complain about raids Thread" is the new daily, since we don't see anymore "ANET YOU MUST STOP PPL FROM USING DPSMETER. I DON'T WANT THEM TO KNOW WHAT I DO!"

Seriously, as many have said, take your time and maybe manage to make a party on your own.

Then, if you realize that Power Reaper is not enough, consider to change class or at least build.