Why the legendary ring being locked behind raids is okay.

meeflak.9714

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play a necro : GW2 v = i couldn to dungeons (groups kicked me / if created a FLG noone would join) till they became off meta

= i couldnt do fractals (same reason...) till they became off meta

=i cant do raids (i have no lp cozz necro is a meme & noone would take one when raids were introduced & you need lp to get in group)do i need to w8 till they become off meta ??

legendary except the trident ( rofl) i dont like them (estetically) ,but they offer a great quality of life , swap stats to change spec & playstyle is awsome ( save space = money).Used to be hc progresion raider in wow , heck we even reached 25 in eu guilds ranking , now i cant do shit... consumbles, gearing , learning bosses its part of the game , yet i play a meme .

How should i feel knowing that i probably i wont see that ring whatever i try ?

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> Personnally I think that legendary or not this will just be a ring and there are already plenty of way to gain the non legendary rings. If anet feel like there is a need for a reward gated behind the new raid and it need to be a legendary thing then let it be.

Not only are there plenty of non legendary trinkets either the exact same stats, there will be more legendary trinkets tied to game other game modes... Like I've said it's one out of five legendary trinkets, more will come in Time.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Evolute.6239 said:

> > You can completely pug every single boss **on your own time** and with **your own rules** so yes you can make armor at your own pace. **He didn't say alone.**

>

> Does anyone really actually believe this?

I wasnt going to bother with a response to it. But your question pretty much sums up what I intended to say lol

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Evolute.6239 said:

> > You can completely pug every single boss **on your own time** and with **your own rules** so yes you can make armor at your own pace. **He didn't say alone.**

>

> Does anyone really actually believe this?

Of course they do, if they had the perspective of someone with 0 Lis, no friendlist and a non raiding guild, they would have a less delusional narrative.

Tell me how many original legendaries does WvW and PvP have? Yes.....None. They added the backpiece just because people complained about fractals being the only source of legendary back. Then they added armor just because it was locked behind raid. So PVP in essence is a second hand shop for legendaries, right? Locking a legendary behind a raid is not bad. Locking a legendary behind a new raid, where people will kick you out if you do not have the items from the previous raids, it is a very bad idea. I don't know how many raiders have the chance to begin raiding with W5. Nobody takes you if you do not have at least 200 LI and even the bosses are made for experienced raiders.

> @Vinceman.4572 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > Does anyone really actually believe this?

>

> Yes, I actually have and many other members of my several guilds also have.

So by "Pug" you mean running with guild mates who also raid.

Kinda figured it was loaded and stacked like that.

> @meeflak.9714 said:

> People have been saying it's not okay to lock one legendary trinket behind an area of the game they don't play, while simultaneously failing to look at the fact the first legendary trinket was also locked behind an area of the game that some people don't play as well.

"some" is not the same as "most"

_That_ is the difference between those two legendary accesories.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Vinceman.4572 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > Does anyone really actually believe this?

> >

> > Yes, I actually have and many other members of my several guilds also have.

>

> So by "Pug" you mean running with guild mates who also raid.

>

> Kinda figured it was loaded and stacked like that.

WTF, just no.

No, with "pug" I meant "pug". Almost all of my guild mates were or are playing **alone** and group/ed per LFG from time to time. Most often to train a new class or just trying to carry beginner groups with 0 or few LI as requirement.

See, this is a problem of several non-raiders. A little bit lack of self-confidence on one side and the wrong attitude. Doesn't count for all but most of the people I met and brought into raiding were like: "I won't make it anyway.", which is kinda stupid because raids in GW2 - at least 6-9 encounters - are easy in terms of difficulty or very easy if played on certain classes.

From my perspective, being gated behind one raid is fair. Apples & oranges really, just need to find those few that are on the level with you to avoid too much toxicity. As someone with a few disabilities myself, Partial vision, cerebral palsy, epilepsy to name a few. There are other things. (the CP makes one hands actions follow the other and vice versa.) So for me it makes things "challenging" but not impossible. I have completed raids.

Pugging i have found the least stressful as most of the time it's clear cut. We clear it or we don't, we accept it and move on. Guild runs i have found the most stressful as training runs ended up DPS battles rather than something to learn and build on. I expected better from "guild mates" as it kinda killed any momentum we were trying to pick up.

While i only have 2 others i play with every night in whatever content we do Fractals, WvW we did try the new raid. It was a fail being a blind trio but it was nice to check it out. Granted lfg was dead and no one else joined we might have got somewhere otherwise.

I guess i would raid more often if we had more for it.

Needless to say i do my best in whatever i do. it may not be up to par with some peoples liking but i don't dislike the raid community for anything, just individual a$$es for there actions. =)

> @Astralporing.1957 said:

> > @meeflak.9714 said:

> > People have been saying it's not okay to lock one legendary trinket behind an area of the game they don't play, while simultaneously failing to look at the fact the first legendary trinket was also locked behind an area of the game that some people don't play as well.

> "some" is not the same as "most"

> _That_ is the difference between those two legendary accesories.

>

Okay? Most people don't feel inclined to raid.. if they want this trinket,Like I've said. Nothing is stopping them from doing it, and it's their own decision.

> @Rennie.6750 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @Evolute.6239 said:

> > > You can completely pug every single boss **on your own time** and with **your own rules** so yes you can make armor at your own pace. **He didn't say alone.**

> >

>

> Of course they do, if they had the perspective of someone with 0 Lis, no friendlist and a non raiding guild, they would have a less delusional narrative.

Of course we believe it. Because every single raider, at one point in time had 0 li... 0 experience.... And wasn't apart of raid guild's or statics. But we all got past the " raids are inaccessible" mindset our narrative isn't " dellusional" less then a year ago I had never touched a raid... And had no raiding friends. 0 li. 0 experience. What was holding me back? The same mindset holding you back rn..

Like, Jesus..... I'm still not apart of a static.. never have been. I'm not apart of a raid guild... (One lfg guild) .. I still pug every time I raid. Every first kill I had. Or training was a pug. One I made myself or one I joined..

> @Daniel.5428 said:

> Tell me how many original legendaries does WvW and PvP have? Yes.....None. They added the backpiece just because people complained about fractals being the only source of legendary back. Then they added armor just because it was locked behind raid. So PVP in essence is a second hand shop for legendaries, right? Locking a legendary behind a raid is not bad. Locking a legendary behind a new raid, where people will kick you out if you do not have the items from the previous raids, it is a very bad idea. I don't know how many raiders have the chance to begin raiding with W5. Nobody takes you if you do not have at least 200 LI and even the bosses are made for experienced raiders.

I mean... I've seen many many training runs, first attempt runs, etc for wing 5. Requiring nothing... Yes there are some groups , commanders requiring X amount of LI or an explanation of mechanics when you join... But hey . That's there group ... Look for the groups that meet your expectations , like I've said like 10 times in this post.. and if you don't see one, and you don't want to wait for one, make you own... What's stopping you besides your own self criticism? You don't even need a comm tag . Cater your experiences towards your own goals and ideas. You have nothing to complain about then.

> @Vinceman.4572 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @Vinceman.4572 said:

> > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > Does anyone really actually believe this?

> > >

> > > Yes, I actually have and many other members of my several guilds also have.

> >

> > So by "Pug" you mean running with guild mates who also raid.

> >

> > Kinda figured it was loaded and stacked like that.

>

> kitten, just no.

>

> No, with "pug" I meant "pug". Almost all of my guild mates were or are playing **alone** and group/ed per LFG from time to time. Most often to train a new class or just trying to carry beginner groups with 0 or few LI as requirement.

> See, this is a problem of several non-raiders. A little bit lack of self-confidence on one side and the wrong attitude. Doesn't count for all but most of the people I met and brought into raiding were like: "I won't make it anyway.", which is kinda stupid because raids in GW2 - at least 6-9 encounters - are easy in terms of difficulty or very easy if played on certain classes.

LOL, Nahh man.. It's cool, I used to raid a lot on one of the other MMO's I used to play, We used to "Pug" raids all the time. too.

Which for those that don't know what this means, it means, all but maybe 1 or 2 of us already knew each other and raided with each other before, and we would take on an unknown, and call that a "Pug"

This is not to be confused with what a casual might think of when they think of a pug group.

But you know what, it does not matter,

As it stands, locking tings behind a grind, makes players feel "They could do it, if they wanted to", Locking it behind a raid means they feel that content is beyond them and thus inaccessible. which kills their 'end game' goals. But it's not your call to make at this point, its' not mine, Anet made this decision, and the rest of us will deal.

How we deal... well that is up to us.. Not you

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Vinceman.4572 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > @Vinceman.4572 said:

> > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > Does anyone really actually believe this?

> > > >

> > > > Yes, I actually have and many other members of my several guilds also have.

> > >

> > > So by "Pug" you mean running with guild mates who also raid.

> > >

> > > Kinda figured it was loaded and stacked like that.

> >

> > kitten, just no.

> >

> > No, with "pug" I meant "pug". Almost all of my guild mates were or are playing **alone** and group/ed per LFG from time to time. Most often to train a new class or just trying to carry beginner groups with 0 or few LI as requirement.

> > See, this is a problem of several non-raiders. A little bit lack of self-confidence on one side and the wrong attitude. Doesn't count for all but most of the people I met and brought into raiding were like: "I won't make it anyway.", which is kinda stupid because raids in GW2 - at least 6-9 encounters - are easy in terms of difficulty or very easy if played on certain classes.

>

> LOL, Nahh man.. It's cool, I used to raid a lot on one of the other MMO's I used to play, We used to "Pug" raids all the time. too.

>

> Which for those that don't know what this means, it means, all but maybe 1 or 2 of us already knew each other and raided with each other before, and we would take on an unknown, and call that a "Pug"

>

> This is not to be confused with what a casual might think of when they think of a pug group.

>

> But you know what, it does not matter,

>

> As it stands, locking tings behind a grind, makes players feel "They could do it, if they wanted to", Locking it behind a raid means they feel that content is beyond them and thus inaccessible. which kills their 'end game' goals. But it's not your call to make at this point, its' not mine, Anet made this decision, and the rest of us will deal.

>

> How we deal... well that is up to us.. Not you

Why are you comparing gw2raids to other games??? Like can you explain that ??? Pugs in raids for gw2. Means pugs .... Always a group of random people I don't know..

Probably the last time I'll say it in this thread

Tailor your raiding experience to your own expectations.... Its easy to do, join groups that meet your expectations, or make your own.

> @Rennie.6750 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @Evolute.6239 said:

> > > You can completely pug every single boss **on your own time** and with **your own rules** so yes you can make armor at your own pace. **He didn't say alone.**

> >

>

> Of course they do, if they had the perspective of someone with 0 Lis, no friendlist and a non raiding guild, they would have a less delusional narrative.

I started the game in August. I have never been part of a raiding guild. I had zero experience to GW2 raiding. I have a very small friendlist of people, pretty much zero of which I ever actually talk to, and none of which I've ever done raids with. I have 70 LI now and I'm finished the first envoy collection.

But no, please pretend I'm a 500 LI elitist who didn't just actually try to not be bad and learn the encounters as I was able to via freely available training raids, no LI requirement pugs, and learning required roles.

God you triggered me. You did it! Thanks for assuming I was someting I'm not!

They want you to try it, work for it, get better and actually play the content.

If you can't, deal with it. But if you desperately want that reward - it's legendary, you have to earn it. Simple.

I had 3 raid kills. I don't want to play that content due to high difficulty, toxic players and constant DPS measuring which is boring numbers and kittening about them. BUT if I see the final version of ring aura and decide my main needs it - I'll work for it cus it's something I want to achieve. By this I'll get better at playing and overcoming the challenge will feel rewarding on itself.

Last time I played raids I had to make my own groups - but hey, people joined and after couple of days we killed those bosses I earned my LI from. It's possible. So either you find a guild or work on pugging. You do not need to DING the reward when it shows up instantly. And come on, raids need to have some great rewards to keep players playing them. In WoW they have gear treadmil. In GW2 we can only get QOL and Fashion Wars stuff. Don't take it from high end game content cus people complain they can't one shot it or chew it for months...

And even if you consider chewing stuff for months to get it - chew raid to get better and earn your shiny.

In the past I desperately wanted difficulty tiers for raids. But now... nah man, let it be like it is. Let elitists brag about how good they are. And let other people enjoy other casual stuff. Don't expect to have access to every kitten in game becouse you feel entitled to do so.

**TLDR:** I don't raid anymore, killed 3 bosses but don't want to do it any more. But if final ring is cool - I'll make myself to get better at raiding and get the reward I want. Cool challenge after all.

> @Evolute.6239 said:

> > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > @Evolute.6239 said:

> > > > You can completely pug every single boss **on your own time** and with **your own rules** so yes you can make armor at your own pace. **He didn't say alone.**

> > >

> > > Does anyone really actually believe this?

> >

> > Of course they do, if they had the perspective of someone with 0 Lis, no friendlist and a non raiding guild, they would have a less delusional narrative.

>

> I started the game in August. I have never been part of a raiding guild. I had zero experience to GW2 raiding. I have a very small friendlist of people, pretty much zero of which I ever actually talk to, and none of which I've ever done raids with. I have 70 LI now and I'm finished the first envoy collection.

>

> But no,** please pretend I'm a 500 LI elitist who didn't just actually try to not be bad and learn the encounters** as I was able to via freely available training raids, no LI requirement pugs, and learning required roles.

>

> God you triggered me. You did it! Thanks for assuming I was someting I'm not!

hummm

> **I'm a 500 LI elitist who didn't just actually try to not be bad and learn the encounters**

Yah... Well... I am sure you fit right in.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Evolute.6239 said:

> > > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @Evolute.6239 said:

> > > > > You can completely pug every single boss **on your own time** and with **your own rules** so yes you can make armor at your own pace. **He didn't say alone.**

> > > >

> > > > Does anyone really actually believe this?

> > >

> > > Of course they do, if they had the perspective of someone with 0 Lis, no friendlist and a non raiding guild, they would have a less delusional narrative.

> >

> > I started the game in August. I have never been part of a raiding guild. I had zero experience to GW2 raiding. I have a very small friendlist of people, pretty much zero of which I ever actually talk to, and none of which I've ever done raids with. I have 70 LI now and I'm finished the first envoy collection.

> >

> > But no,** please pretend I'm a 500 LI elitist who didn't just actually try to not be bad and learn the encounters** as I was able to via freely available training raids, no LI requirement pugs, and learning required roles.

> >

> > God you triggered me. You did it! Thanks for assuming I was someting I'm not!

>

> hummm

>

> > **I'm a 500 LI elitist who didn't just actually try to not be bad and learn the encounters**

>

> Yah... Well... I am sure you fit right in.

Uncool to take quote and even parts of a sentence to change its meaning. That way of quoting tells people a lot more about you than about the person you are quoting.

Just for clarification, the whole sentence is actually:

> @Evolute.6239 said:

> But no, please pretend I'm a 500 LI elitist who didn't just actually try to not be bad and learn the encounters as I was able to via freely available training raids, no LI requirement pugs, and learning required roles.

Would you prefer me to say not suck? It's not elitist to learn mechanics (or heaven forbid, read a guide before you attempt something) and do them properly. Doing the mechanics properly is good. Doing the mechanics inproperly (leading to a wipe on many encounters, or your death) is bad.

Do you want me to use more PC language?