W5 "Final Boss" too hard for pug squads (raid-spoiler)

Zaraki.5784

Dhuum is an iconic character from previously established lore, lore that devs are actually careful of "doing justice to it", so it makes a lot of sense that this boss has set the bar way up there for quality of content (be it difficulty or aesthetics). With that said, it's all a matter of memorization; I'm pretty sure I took more time in Tribulation Mode SAB than I will in order to learn any raid whatsoever, because the enrage timer makes training that much more streamlined and faster (an advantage few critics can see in the timers), and Dhuum is no different. When you first start content it feels both fresh and unknown, and both of these feelings will wade off in time no matter what content it may be (unless Anet decides for a crazy stochastic enemy model but that's not the cleverest design idea).

> @zealex.9410 said:

> A "Nerf" id like to see on Dhuum would be to make his preeven thingy wjere you kill adds and protect the wraiths a 1 time thing.

Completely agree. This part of the fight is trivial. Should be only once per raid. It just feels pointless and waste of time.

I hv a little trouble with collecting orb for every green phase. Could high ping 400 be the reason? I know collecting blue orb in 99 cm is a problem for high ping players but not enough training in Dhuum green to confirm yet. I feel there's high risk of failing .. and it'd be very sad if we are disabled for such mechanic. :(

> @"miku.3025" said:

> I hv a little trouble with collecting orb for every green phase. Could high ping 400 be the reason? I know collecting blue orb in 99 cm is a problem for high ping players but not enough training in Dhuum green to confirm yet. I feel there's high risk of failing .. and it'd be very sad if we are disabled for such mechanic. :(

I think it really is. Since orb taken phase has only 11 secs actually, if your ping is about 300 up, it means you might miss orbs even you think you already take it.

Also, seems orbs calculating has some delay or what...

But some player argue that their teammate should kill more spider to generate more small orbs ... I am not sure is that true?

After all, I think Anet just need keep 15 secs is true but not 11 secs actually we can collect orbs.

Make orbs mechanic work with the client so they never lag for anyone.

When hot was released gliding was connected to the server and ppl with 400 ping could never glide properly, one day anet changed gliding to a mechanic connected to the game client and I never had a gliding problem again.

If they do the same with these orbs 400 ping players can catch them just by touching them instead of having to dance around them for 2 sec.

The green orb mechanic is still horrible, after giving some key skills for it too! Why can't we just control it like when we press up plus space we go up, when we press down plus shift go down and in our normal phase, like if we were in a water!? I really feel like I'm a monkey in space, and space suit jump atm!

Again do something about the orb mechanic, so we can play that boss already! How in earth could you manage to make good gliding, and mess up this one?! It's like two different teams working on it, and one doesn't have a clue what would help us! In 11 sec to take 5 orbs, please let the orb to be controllable, atm number 1 and 3 skills are like jumping in space, we could really ascend with space and descend with shift, and again more fin, more elegant, more controllable!

The last boss, Dhuum is not hard, the orb mechanic is hard, other then that the other mechanics are very good, and doable, but to rely on 3 person, who will do it the entire game the greens is just a joke made for us! Atm, there are few trainings on Dhuum, atm fewer people can do greens, every lfg asks for green ppl! It takes energy, it takes effort, time to fix that orb to control it, it should be like when we are just racing with a little car for example and take the points; that's how it should be like, to be controllable! Fix it please!

Thank you!

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> Raids should not be balanced around pugs with no communication, so I think it is fine as it is.

> (Myself I have not beaten Dhuum yet, but it is doable with effort)

>

> Also considering he is a lich with god status, he should be almost impossible to defeat for mortals lorewise.

So it is worth about selling the godlike boss?

Well it's another issue, but I just think some mechanism should get some fix.