buff Reaper and vanilla Necro? Unlock their Slot Skills during Death Shroud

Phil.7369

In response to people saying Necros are always out of the PVE meta and their DPS sucks and etc. Why don't we just unlock their Slot skils (ultility + elite) during death shroud?

Not only will this make the class more interesting to play, it will also increase it's DPS and versatility. Right now you have to time your Well of Suffering right before entering Reaper Mode for max efficiency, you lose your Signet of Spite and you lose your 3d ultility slot which can be used for CC/Blind/"Rise" or whatever you use.

The Elite slot could also be unlocked, but I'm skeptical about the Healing Slot. Necros already have a lot of survivability and according to wiki, being in Death Shroud also reduces the direct damage you receive by 50%. So it might be a bit too much if you also had your healing during DS. I mean Necro is already since launch the #1 easiest open-world PVE build out there, it doesn't have to become even easier.

I've been playing since Day 1 of launch in 2012 and have always wondered why does DS lock the classes skills. Perhaps the devs have given an explanation for this before.. I can't remember after all this time. Anyway I think this could be a great solution to a lot of the Necro issues, because this class has really a lot of unexplained traits and mechanics.

I don't even know which Sigils/Runes work during DS, I don't know if Unholy Fervor works anymore when entering DS with an axe, I don't know if DS really gives 50% damage reduction or not.

Look at the forums, this class section has almost double the Views of any other class out there. It's so unique but yet has so many limitations and bringing up and down the numbers won't always help. Perhaps you need to start unlocking more of its core mechanics.