Can We Get Sore Loser Chat Fixed?

usnedward.9023

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> I still don't get the issue, even though this topic comes up from time to time. As noted, it's easy to block people if they're being annoying. Whispering across servers isn't always negative, and (in my experience) it's frequently positive.

>

> If it's already easy to block the negative, what's the point of a change that takes away the positive?

Cross server talk in this type of game-play only creates toxicity. Yes there is some "good" talk here and there but rarely is it positive.

> @primatos.5413 said:

> What are u talking about ? There is NO kitten balance in WvW / PvP so if some bunch of build carried players steamrolling others(love the 2vs1 bs going on since ppk) and get whispered bcz of they deserve it .. deal with it or stop this bs behaviour is my recommendation sweety :)

I am saying balance is an ongoing battle. Every release or fix hurts or helps a certain build. It is in the eye of the beholder because it depends if the "fix" helped or hurt you. Not saying there are not balance issues sweety :)

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> depends, Did you kill someone from behind while they were watching a duel, and otherwise being a total kitten,?

I stay away from duels. I have made that mistake before, promptly told what it was and lesson learnt. Even the bystanders I cruise by. What brought this about was a team of three was trying to take a point of ours and we steam rolled them with about ten..yeah...part of the gameplay and this person didn't like getting killed because he/she chose to get killed as part of the game. So for their anger decides to try and troll. I do not feed trolls. I ignore or block and move on. BUT this can continue LONG after the gameplay is over so removal of the ability to even start the toxic attitude can be fixed by simply NOT allowing for the enemy to know who you are at all.

As for a previous comment above "it allows for organization of battles" no...you shouldn't be organizing anything with the enemy. My humble opinion is all.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @usnedward.9023 said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > Right now, someone can `/block` → _whisper_ → **avoid** responses. The OP proposes ANet changes that so the system becomes _whisper_ → `/block` → **avoid** responses. Seems like extra work with ultimately little benefit.

> >

> > I am not proposing anything what you said. Here is what I suggest, that the opponent has no ability to "right click" player and "block" so they can then "chat" with that person. No reprogramming the whole chat...just remove that option of right clicking the opponent in WvW and PvP for that matter then they can't spam you. Case dismissed :)

>

> To be fair to both of us, you didn't actually propose anything specific. You just said "fix." We both assumed it was clear what you were proposing.

>

> I doubt that ANet would remove the ability of opponents to chat. Lots of people like being able to meet folks from other teams. Besides, it's already possible to block those who you don't want to hear from.

>

> > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > I'm pretty sure you don't appear on anyone's list if you are set to invisible... Not sure about the yellow dot of guildies tho.

> You seem to have broken the quotes here. @"Jeknar.6184" was the one who said "I'm pretty sure you don't appear..." could you fix it please?

>

>

Yeah i see where I went wrong with the assumption thing so my bad. Also trying to get quote thingy down but thanks for your understanding.

> @usnedward.9023 said:

> > @Choppy.4183 said:

> > I still don't get the issue, even though this topic comes up from time to time. As noted, it's easy to block people if they're being annoying. Whispering across servers isn't always negative, and (in my experience) it's frequently positive.

> >

> > If it's already easy to block the negative, what's the point of a change that takes away the positive?

>

> Cross server talk in this type of game-play only creates toxicity. Yes there is some "good" talk here and there but rarely is it positive.

It's been majority positive for me, but even if it isn't for others, why assume a cost (cutting out the possibility of positive communication) to fix a problem that already has a solution (ignore or block salt)?

Frankly, I see way more toxicity in team or map chat than I do in whispers from people on other servers.

> @usnedward.9023 said:

> All the opponent has to do is right click you and "block" even if you are set to invisible. You still appear on their just not shown to be "online". You can still send whisper.

>

> All in all some great replies after leaving this sit for a few days I thought for sure I was gonna get lamb basted.

>

> Just an FYI, I never respond to those who whisper in this manner posted. Some however keep at it and then I block until I am done and then unblock after I leave the area.

You cannot receive whispers if you are on appear off-line. The person trying to whisper you will receive the message "The person you are trying to whisper is currently off-line"

They can send you a mail tho...

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> > @usnedward.9023 said:

> > > @Choppy.4183 said:

> > > I still don't get the issue, even though this topic comes up from time to time. As noted, it's easy to block people if they're being annoying. Whispering across servers isn't always negative, and (in my experience) it's frequently positive.

> > >

> > > If it's already easy to block the negative, what's the point of a change that takes away the positive?

> >

> > Cross server talk in this type of game-play only creates toxicity. Yes there is some "good" talk here and there but rarely is it positive.

>

> It's been majority positive for me, but even if it isn't for others, why assume a cost (cutting out the possibility of positive communication) to fix a problem that already has a solution (ignore or block salt)?

>

> Frankly, I see way more toxicity in team or map chat than I do in whispers from people on other servers.

I guess I see it as you should have no communication with the enemy regardless good or bad.

> @usnedward.9023 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > depends, Did you kill someone from behind while they were watching a duel, and otherwise being a total kitten,?

>

> I stay away from duels. I have made that mistake before, promptly told what it was and lesson learnt. Even the bystanders I cruise by. What brought this about was a team of three was trying to take a point of ours and we steam rolled them with about ten..yeah...part of the gameplay and this person didn't like getting killed because he/she chose to get killed as part of the game. So for their anger decides to try and troll. I do not feed trolls. I ignore or block and move on. BUT this can continue LONG after the gameplay is over so removal of the ability to even start the toxic attitude can be fixed by simply NOT allowing for the enemy to know who you are at all.

>

sounds like a real piece of work, Just send them a polite e-mail, and explain, WvW has PvP elements, and you are sorry they feel this way but WvW is not for everyone, also explain that since there were 10 of you, even if you didn't kill them directly, someone else would have.

> @usnedward.9023 said:

> > @Choppy.4183 said:

> > > @usnedward.9023 said:

> > > > @Choppy.4183 said:

> > > > I still don't get the issue, even though this topic comes up from time to time. As noted, it's easy to block people if they're being annoying. Whispering across servers isn't always negative, and (in my experience) it's frequently positive.

> > > >

> > > > If it's already easy to block the negative, what's the point of a change that takes away the positive?

> > >

> > > Cross server talk in this type of game-play only creates toxicity. Yes there is some "good" talk here and there but rarely is it positive.

> >

> > It's been majority positive for me, but even if it isn't for others, why assume a cost (cutting out the possibility of positive communication) to fix a problem that already has a solution (ignore or block salt)?

> >

> > Frankly, I see way more toxicity in team or map chat than I do in whispers from people on other servers.

>

> I guess I see it as you should have no communication with the enemy regardless good or bad.

That's the problem, you want to remove the good part because of the bad part, even though Arena Net already gave ways to deal with the bad part. I have plenty of friends in this game that were my enemies (and some still are) in WvW. Removing Cross Server chat would remove my capability of communicating with them.

I really don't see a reason for Arena Net to block cross server communication when you can block it yourself.

An option to toggle off whispers coming from enemy severs. How hard can it be? Can no one do that coding in 5 years?

I’d be willing to pay 1k gems for that option. But I shouldn’t be. It should’ve already been implemented for free...

Ever since I learned this year you could choose your status to appear offline to prevent whispers I’ve been always using it. Only switching to online when i want to type in guild chat, and then I get whispers from my friends asking where the hell I gad been all this time. They shouldnt be penalized from this. Just want an option to prevent enemy whispers and invites.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> To be fair to both of us, you didn't actually propose anything specific. You just said "fix." We both assumed it was clear what you were proposing.

To be fair I knew exactly what the OP was asking for, and I knew that you did not understand what he was asking for, I think you should just accept you misunderstood.

> @aleron.1438 said:

> An option to toggle off whispers coming from enemy severs. How hard can it be? Can no one do that coding in 5 years?

>

> I’d be willing to pay 1k gems for that option. But I shouldn’t be. It should’ve already been implemented for free...

>

> Ever since I learned this year you could choose your status to appear offline to prevent whispers I’ve been always using it. Only switching to online when i want to type in guild chat, and then I get whispers from my friends asking where the hell I gad been all this time. They shouldnt be penalized from this. Just want an option to prevent enemy whispers and invites.

You know you can just block these people for free and never receive whispers from them again, right? How hard it is to block people yourself instead of asking Arena Net to do it for everyone?

I would be pissed if I were denied my dose of daily salt from shitters I've killed and also be unable to communicate with my friends from other servers to set up fights.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > Also... Send them some ground pepper to mix with their salt, or some cheese wedges to use with their whine.

>

> I usually send them Fries to go with the salt.

Same. I bought a stack of 250 a while back and am slowly whittling then down.

I tried to send some to a BG guardian who whispered me some salt last night after he died, but he sadly blocked me as soon as he sent out the one teary text.

I see what many say and understand both sides of the arguments. I can block and I do then unblock later. There are many reasons the three sides shouldn't be communicating. Salt is one, spies is another and so forth.

> @SugarCayne.3098 said:

> They couldn’t do it anyhow because of mega servers.

>

> /endthread

Yes they could. All they would have to do is remove the option to "block" when you click on the char image. I do not think the intention was ever to have cross communication or guess what.... you would be able to just talk. There is a reason name plates are generic... and so forth.

> @usnedward.9023 said:

> I see what many say and understand both sides of the arguments. I can block and I do then unblock later. There are many reasons the three sides shouldn't be communicating. Salt is one, spies is another and so forth.

>

> > @SugarCayne.3098 said:

> > They couldn’t do it anyhow because of mega servers.

> >

> > /endthread

>

> Yes they could. All they would have to do is remove the option to "block" when you click on the char image. I do not think the intention was ever to have cross communication or guess what.... you would be able to just talk. There is a reason name plates are generic... and so forth.

>

>

Wait.. so spies? You don't think if someone is spying that they aren't reporting back through guild?

No. Spies aren't the reason , if any, to do this.

> @schloumou.3982 said:

> People yearning for less communication in an MMO seems to fit the times we live in.

ah ha... no. I like communication. Don't read too much into it. It's a personal view that I and others hold, like you appear to hold that it is fine. Communicating with the enemy just doesn't sit well with me but w/e. > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @SugarCayne.3098 said:

> > > They couldn’t do it anyhow because of mega servers.

> > >

> > > /endthread

> >

> > Yes they could. All they would have to do is remove the option to "block" when you click on the char image. I do not think the intention was ever to have cross communication or guess what.... you would be able to just talk. There is a reason name plates are generic... and so forth.

> >

> >

>

> Wait.. so spies? You don't think if someone is spying that they aren't reporting back through guild?

>

> No. Spies aren't the reason , if any, to do this.

I was giving examples but sure let's select the one that isn't obvious.

> @usnedward.9023 said:

> > @schloumou.3982 said:

> > People yearning for less communication in an MMO seems to fit the times we live in.

>

> ah ha... no. I like communication. Don't read too much into it. It's a personal view that I and others hold, like you appear to hold that it is fine. Communicating with the enemy just doesn't sit well with me but w/e. > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

>

> > > > @SugarCayne.3098 said:

> > > > They couldn’t do it anyhow because of mega servers.

> > > >

> > > > /endthread

> > >

> > > Yes they could. All they would have to do is remove the option to "block" when you click on the char image. I do not think the intention was ever to have cross communication or guess what.... you would be able to just talk. There is a reason name plates are generic... and so forth.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Wait.. so spies? You don't think if someone is spying that they aren't reporting back through guild?

> >

> > No. Spies aren't the reason , if any, to do this.

>

> I was giving examples but sure let's select the one that isn't obvious.

You gave two examples. Not much to go on. The rest of the thread is about the other so yeah.

> @Sovereign.1093 said:

> go invis and none can whisp u

It seems this has less to do about salty whispers than his belief that nobody should be taking to people on other servers and so they should be prevented from doing so.

What's weird is that there doesn't seem to be a clear reason why, never mind a justification for Anet spending any time on it instead of things people care more about.

Salty whispers are easily handled via block, which you, he, and pretty well everyone else has mentioned. Spying isn't addressed because people just use guild chat for that, and his call to just prevent right click to block obviously doesn't address spying anyway.

Honestly, this all just seems like a poorly thought through idea that probably started in reaction to a salty or troll whisper. I haven't been able to find a clear purpose and rationale anyway.