Lady Shamshir bounty doesn't seem to respawn.

I had for 5 hours bounty run her not appear, then weirdly on another map someone pm's me 'omg she's here join fast'. By a lot of luck i could tag it. Then i check the board on that map. ALL 5 bounties present.

i think Lady Shamshir 'bounty' board section crashes on some maps, but not on others, making it map ip specific, if it works or not. But that's just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Three months later, still bugged. After two hours of jumping maps through the LFG, we only found the bounty available twice and both times it turned out to be an ambush. This is probably the most frustrating time I've had in GW2 and I'm baffled it's still an issue three months after the release of this map.

• 2 months later...

On some maps, like the Domain of Istan, very few people are doing bounties anymore. Now, having **one map instance** where the **Shamshir bounty is bugged** and doesn't spawn at all, and **another** where you get **three kitten ambushes in a row**, is very trying on people. Two thirds of my squad left the bounty train after the third ambush, the rest and I spent an hour and 15 minutes until we finally got the real deal and defeated Shamshir.

**Dear devs, please remove at least the ambushes when you can't fix the bugged bounty board spawns** (this isn't the only one; see Ellutherius Wintergust) - thank you!

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> On some maps, like the Domain of Istan, very few people are doing bounties anymore. Now, having **one map instance** where the **Shamshir bounty is bugged** and doesn't spawn at all, and **another** where you get **three kitten ambushes in a row**, is very trying on people. Two thirds of my squad left the bounty train after the third ambush, the rest and I spent an hour and 15 minutes until we finally got the real deal and defeated Shamshir.

>

> **Dear devs, please remove at least the ambushes when you can't fix the bugged bounty board spawns** (this isn't the only one; see Ellutherius Wintergust) - thank you!

First, the issue raised by the OP in December has since been fixed. Lady Shamshir shows up as a bounty about as often as any other. Second, the ambush mechanic is not bugged, although of course it's annoying if you're just trying to complete the achievement. But that's a matter of preference, not of bugs (and there are other threads dealing with that).

RNG is RNG and there's no guarantee that you're going to get a bounty no matter how many ambushes show up (it's just unlikely to suffer it more than a couple of times).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> First, the issue raised by the OP in December has since been fixed. Lady Shamshir shows up as a bounty about as often as any other.

You are wrong. The bounty did not spawn on the first map, just like Ellutherius (about three weeks ago) did not spawn on one map instance in 5 hours, when the squad finally found a new map instance to play on.

> Second, the ambush mechanic is not bugged

You misunderstood: I did not say the ambush mechanic was bugged, I asked to have it removed, because the bounty spawns are bugged at times, and this ambush nonsense then only adds to the squad's frustration.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > First, the issue raised by the OP in December has since been fixed. Lady Shamshir shows up as a bounty about as often as any other.

>

> You are wrong. The bounty did not spawn on the first map, just like Ellutherius (about three weeks ago) did not spawn on one map instance in 5 hours, when the squad finally found a new map instance to play on.

On the contrary, when the map first launched, the spawning of Shamshir _on the bounty boards_ was completely suppressed — that's the issue that was fixed.

>

> > Second, the ambush mechanic is not bugged

>

> You misunderstood: I did not say the ambush mechanic was bugged, I asked to have it removed, because the bounty spawns are bugged at times, and this ambush nonsense then only adds to the squad's frustration.

This thread is in the bug forum. If you want to ask for a feature change, separate it out into its own post instead of piggy-backing on a distinct and unrelated issues. (The fact that both things frustrates you does not make them related; it just makes them frustrating.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

> @"Vanthian.9267" said:

> > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/US4Dcuh.jpg "")

> > Lady Shamshir is not selectable. Is this a bug or do I just have to wait?

>

> Looking good for a 2 year bug! Been searching for 2 days and still can't find a instance that isn't bugged.

It's sad that the devs are not paying more interest to this forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, since the topic has been resurrected... Shamshir was the last bounty I needed in this map because every single time I was after her it was a trap. I stopped trying but not because she was bugged as described in previous posts but just because I was tired of trying.

Today, literally about an hour ago, I tried again. The activator for her bounty was working just fine, I took the contract but was a trap again. I cancelled, waited a few minutes for it to respawn and as expected it appeared again just fine and I finally got her. She's very tough! Considering he's just a Champion, she has a huge defiance bar.

So, bottom-line, if you're not seeing her bounty you might be probably checking the board during this "waiting period", something like 15-20mins between someone taking the bounty before you. I can't say, however, if this time remains as such in case someone takes the bounty, gets a trap and do finish off all the mobs.

• 6 months later...