[Proposal] GW2 PVP revamp

Arheundel.6451

The following is my idea of perfect PvP system and with that said , I am not a game designer and I don't claim the following idea is any good..but I feel like doing so and maybe somebody will join me in a peaceful discussion away from the strife and gloom of the pvp forum.

1- For starter I would reset everybody MMR to zero, all win/defeats, glory, everything except your acquired titles and trophies

2- All amulets/runes are now categorised based on the most obvious role choice, for example : marauder amulet would be listed as Direct DPS, mender as DPS support, magi as Healing bunker and so on

3- Game now forces a role choice on players before entering ranked : **Direct DPS, Condi DPS, DPS support, Healing Bunker, Brawler**

4- I would keep the current reward system, I'd only add something new : **Fame**

5- **Join Next match** system introduced, every X time, the game organise a match showing the roles available for each match

6- Players would be able to see the roles covered for the next open match and given suggestions on what role to play

7- Similar to a "LFG" system, the game shows in rl the number of players joining next match and the roles covered

8- Game offers additional fame gain to those who opt to play a role deemed scarce in quantity, ex : "extra 30% rank for Condi DPS for the next 30m"

9- Players can still opt to join a match regardless of the roles covered like a condi dpser joins a match that is still missing a healing bunker

10- The game will first create a full ideal team and put the rest in the opposite team

11- The players of the disadvantaged team will suffer reduced rank loss in case of defeat ( -6 instead of - 15 for ex ) and gain additional rank in case of victory ( +24 instead than +15)

12-**Introducing "Ideal threshold", at the end of each match the stats of each players are compared with that ideal stats for the same role**, for example a Direct DPS player would have his final stats compared to the ideal threshold and will then lose/gain rank based on his personal performance during the match

13- I'd keep the current AT system...but with a twist

14- No duo que, pure soloq entrance only

That was the preface and now with the main idea:

-Introducing **Fame**, advancing to the next league gives you Fame, going down a league will detract Fame , except when going down from Silver to Bronze in which case the Fame quantity would not be reduced **but at the same time it would not go up if the player manages to crawl back to silver**

-A 4 league system : Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum and everybody starts ofc in bronze league

-In the beginning after 2 months, the first X from the Bronze league will advance to Silver league

- After that every 2 months, the first X from a league advance to the next league, the last X will instead go down a league

- Each league has its own AT ( same rewards, only now top 3 for daily/monthly gain additional fame)

- Every year the top teams from the Platinum league ( based on number of monthly won ) can join the Legendary Tournament which will grant....something exceptional dunno

I am sure I have missed something but this is my idea so far, if everything at the very least I'd love to see a system that rewards personal performance based on comparison to ideal stats, if you like my idea somehow or want to add something, feel free to post something :)

I understand what you're wanting but it's not going to work in this game. The best method for that type of change would need to be implemented within the Matchmaking Algorithm itself; placing classes on teams based on Profession and Builds. I.E it places an even amount of bunkers on each side, separating double soloQ professions, etc.

Reason being, *Role* segregation is much like telling people to play a different class, a class that's absolutely needed but *this is not a Moba/OW game* where everyone multiclasses efficiently. It would be 100x better if Anet just did this in the background, deep within Matchmaking but... that would need class specific queueing; a queue system that prevents class swapping so matchmaking can do it's job better.

Other than that, I agree with #1. I feel mmr should be restarted every two seasons.

> @Saiyan.1704 said:

> I understand what you're wanting but it's not going to work in this game. The best method for that type of change would need to be implemented within the Matchmaking Algorithm itself; placing classes on teams based on Profession and Builds. I.E it places an even amount of bunkers on each side, separating double soloQ professions, etc.

>

> Reason being, *Role* segregation is much like telling people to play a different class, a class that's absolutely needed but *this is not a Moba/OW game* where everyone multiclasses efficiently. It would be 100x better if Anet just did this in the background, deep within Matchmaking but... that would need class specific queueing; a queue system that prevents class swapping so matchmaking can do it's job better.

>

> Other than that, I agree with #1. I feel mmr should be restarted every two seasons.

Fair enough but..does nobody agree on the personal rating based on performance over the team win/loss final result?

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > @Saiyan.1704 said:

> > I understand what you're wanting but it's not going to work in this game. The best method for that type of change would need to be implemented within the Matchmaking Algorithm itself; placing classes on teams based on Profession and Builds. I.E it places an even amount of bunkers on each side, separating double soloQ professions, etc.

> >

> > Reason being, *Role* segregation is much like telling people to play a different class, a class that's absolutely needed but *this is not a Moba/OW game* where everyone multiclasses efficiently. It would be 100x better if Anet just did this in the background, deep within Matchmaking but... that would need class specific queueing; a queue system that prevents class swapping so matchmaking can do it's job better.

> >

> > Other than that, I agree with #1. I feel mmr should be restarted every two seasons.

>

> Fair enough but..does nobody agree on the personal rating based on performance over the team win/loss final result?

>

Everyone would play for themselves and not for the team then. How would you measure performance? K/D ratio? Time on point? So we'd have everyone playing bunker and just sitting on point, and it would effectively kill whatever competition we still have in sPvP.

as much as i like and also posted in the past the same ideas, some role just dont fit in. take thief as dmg dealer most of the time he can do low dmg by doing all the rotations and decap / cap points.

i do agree i want to see players define their roles and act accourdingly. but again you cannot force them to do so which can force you to carry them while not doing you declare role.

i dont know if erase mmr will solve it as it can be i will fight with the worst ppl or against the best players .

i do want to see personal gain point even if my team lose due to afk, noobish, etc...

lets say i am good player which has no luck to party with bad players. i manage to do 1v2 while my team get wiped over and over again. i think i should get less point for losing or if winning more points.

the only way i can think of is by the end scoring and contribution.

or a botton you can press which allow you to fight versus higher tier than yours for 3 games . if you win you gain more points if you lose you lose less point for losing.

also if you soloq you you will lose less point if you lost or gain more if you win.