What does ANET do when a whole server stops playing?

Nightshade.2570

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Israel.7056 said:

> They can't punish people for choosing not to play their game.

Whose said anything about punish? I think some people are more waiting to see if they get rewarded. Are they not already punishing themselves and the people around them by going this route. In 2 weeks time its BG turn to boycott if this goes to plan, since have they not been locked a lot longer?

> @Missy.7356 said:

> > @Israel.7056 said:

> > They can't punish people for choosing not to play their game.

>

>

> Whose said anything about punish? I think some people are more waiting to see if they get rewarded. Are they not already punishing themselves and the people around them by going this route. In 2 weeks time its BG turn to boycott if this goes to plan, since have they not been locked a lot longer?

>

Don't forget the EU servers that may be watching as well, though this is less of an issue there.

> @Missy.7356 said:

> > @Israel.7056 said:

> > They can't punish people for choosing not to play their game.

>

>

> Whose said anything about punish? I think some people are more waiting to see if they get rewarded. Are they not already punishing themselves and the people around them by going this route. In 2 weeks time its BG turn to boycott if this goes to plan, since have they not been locked a lot longer?

>

How are they punishing themselves?

all the players are afk in spawn gathering their rewards while watching netflix. It's not really worth fighting or actually playing the gamemode since anet puts minimal resources into something that can be end game content. Instead they put work into living story pve end game content which players burn though in a day tops

Which is why I called for blowing up of servers to implement a different algorithm to balance things.

The thing is it is always exploitable, it is just a matter if people want to make that effort to rally people to do so.

I already explained in this summary thread - https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2469/wvw-structures-system-plus-populations-issues

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Missy.7356 said:

> > > @Israel.7056 said:

> > > They can't punish people for choosing not to play their game.

> >

> >

> > Whose said anything about punish? I think some people are more waiting to see if they get rewarded. Are they not already punishing themselves and the people around them by going this route. In 2 weeks time its BG turn to boycott if this goes to plan, since have they not been locked a lot longer?

> >

>

> Don't forget the EU servers that may be watching as well, though this is less of an issue there.

the eu servers are the one that started it.

its more of an issue there than in na. in na its t1 servers that are locked. in eu, the t1 servers are open but its t3/4 servers that are locked.

> @XenesisII.1540 said:

> I think Anet made a huge mistake by not giving JQ a link last time and instead gave it to Mag, I think things could be quite different right now if they hadn't done that.

Yeah, we problably would have only 4 servers tanking each week instead of 5... Nobody want to be in T1 with Blackgate and I cannot blame them for that as I don't want either.

> @henchmen.1856 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @Missy.7356 said:

> > > > @Israel.7056 said:

> > > > They can't punish people for choosing not to play their game.

> > >

> > >

> > > Whose said anything about punish? I think some people are more waiting to see if they get rewarded. Are they not already punishing themselves and the people around them by going this route. In 2 weeks time its BG turn to boycott if this goes to plan, since have they not been locked a lot longer?

> > >

> >

> > Don't forget the EU servers that may be watching as well, though this is less of an issue there.

>

> the eu servers are the one that started it.

>

> its more of an issue there than in na. in na its t1 servers that are locked. in eu, the t1 servers are open but its t3/4 servers that are locked.

There are three locked servers right now in NA: BG, JQ, and MAG. Mag has a link. The other two don't.

Only BG is in T-1.

JQ has chosen, with the signature of 11 guilds, (11...., not 3 or 4, but 11) to not play for three weeks in an attempt to open for transfers.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > I think Anet made a huge mistake by not giving JQ a link last time and instead gave it to Mag, I think things could be quite different right now if they hadn't done that.

>

> Yeah, we problably would have only 4 servers tanking each week instead of 5... Nobody want to be in T1 with Blackgate and I cannot blame them for that as I don't want either.

Which servers?

1. Mag to get away from BG.

2. JQ to open for population.

3. DB? YB? doesn't look like they're tanking hard.

4. SoS? doesn't look like they're tanking and actually content to stay in second.

If a proper link was given to JQ to actually compete in t1, then maybe they wouldn't have stressed out in the last month about their declining population as much. If Mag was left without a link maybe their fight guilds would be playing and they wouldn't worry about the ppting happening. I assume they thought JQ was good enough to hold in t2, and Mag would have been good to hold in t1, except Anet obviously doesn't know the true desires of both servers.

> @Kamara.4187 said:

> Its crushing the lower tiers when they do that. If its going to be just one continuous face-roll people just sit it out, sadly some have not come back because they got more interested in their back-up game :anguished:

this ^.^

I stopped wvw altogether for now because I know those blackouts mean that these fights in t4 will be totally not fun - not like there's a choice to transfer either because this will have the trickled on effect in the next tiers up as well....

but i got my frost prime warframe!! "Tenno, the galaxy needs you!" - I will cast a frost globe on Tyria to keep it safe, promise! which btw, that frost globe would be great to defend the sm lord - but i digress! would be way too op - it's a galactic level toy! lol

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > I think Anet made a huge mistake by not giving JQ a link last time and instead gave it to Mag, I think things could be quite different right now if they hadn't done that.

>

> Yeah, we problably would have only 4 servers tanking each week instead of 5... Nobody want to be in T1 with Blackgate and I cannot blame them for that as I don't want either.

I was on BG bl a bunch last night and it was super dead too. Like pre link T7 dead.

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > > I think Anet made a huge mistake by not giving JQ a link last time and instead gave it to Mag, I think things could be quite different right now if they hadn't done that.

> >

> > Yeah, we problably would have only 4 servers tanking each week instead of 5... Nobody want to be in T1 with Blackgate and I cannot blame them for that as I don't want either.

>

> I was on BG bl a bunch last night and it was super dead too. Like pre link T7 dead.

Sad times in GW2's WvW these days for sure indeed.

if it stands to benefit oneself, one might do it, and here, tanking opens up a close server, which allows for more people, and having more gives one benefit, and so jq does it.

more so players can do as they will. nothing anet can do about it if based on algorithm except follow. unless they do manual adjustment

take note if jq opens, jq plays again. else, ppl will be disapointed, thus may end up leaving the game. unless anet includes an incentive to do something.

> @Nightshade.2570 said:

> So I don't want to turn this thread into an arguement so not going to name the server. However I am in T3 and one of our enemy servers has stopped playing. I have to say its so rare to see this many guilds agree to such a drastic blackout, but next week they will definitely be in T4 where they do not belong, as well as possibly open for transfers. There maybe a guild or two still playing out of a sense of fairness but anyone can tell from looking at the points its unnatural. So what do you guys do? I am naturally curious in this case as I realized that for most upper tier servers it becomes advantageous to take weeks off so that your server gets opened for transfers, easier fights against less populated servers, and possibly a better rematch when it is time to relink. This is indeed a concerning problem as it also pushes servers up that shouldnt be. Generally its not good overall for this sort of manipulation to go on but I can't really blame them. Its more and more a concept I am heard thrown around in this one up one down system. I like the one up one down system but definitely fear this will cause us to lose it.

In answer to the title:

1. They open all servers on NA but three.

2. They ignore the problems.

3. They change a beloved battleground whose name is "Eternal" making it a lie and a cause for mistrust of all that has to do with game management.