Why does the game lack a no squad invite setting

roseria.7695

> @Asum.4960 said:

> > @roseria.7695 said:

> > A solution would be a feature one can turn on to avoid invites or make it so you can't invite people in parties since you can't just pull a tagless squad up every single time you wanna do anything in a hot map or a pof map or wvw or if you are just on the same map mapping when tt wurm is up.

>

> May I ask why not?

>

I own a commander tag so i would have to go into the lfg to make a tagless everytime i want to and then wait for someone to join to then take out out of the lfg unless i am lucky and it bugs out and don't put me in the lfg.

> @roseria.7695 said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > A solution would be a feature one can turn on to avoid invites or make it so you can't invite people in parties since you can't just pull a tagless squad up every single time you wanna do anything in a hot map or a pof map or wvw or if you are just on the same map mapping when tt wurm is up.

> >

> > But you won't get any invite unless you are in the specific part of the map designed to meta.

>

> So what you are saying is that people are not allowed to map take screenshots for art or just have an adventure in any map that is designed as a meta because of the meta or am i missing your point ?

Are you serious?

Before you were talking about friends, etc... now screenshots?

Also, are you sure that you still get invites if you remove UI in order to take screenshots?

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > > A solution would be a feature one can turn on to avoid invites or make it so you can't invite people in parties since you can't just pull a tagless squad up every single time you wanna do anything in a hot map or a pof map or wvw or if you are just on the same map mapping when tt wurm is up.

> > >

> > > But you won't get any invite unless you are in the specific part of the map designed to meta.

> >

> > So what you are saying is that people are not allowed to map take screenshots for art or just have an adventure in any map that is designed as a meta because of the meta or am i missing your point ?

>

> Are you serious?

> Before you were talking about friends, etc... now screenshots?

>

> Also, are you sure that you still get invites if you remove UI in order to take screenshots?

>

It was a overall other things people might do it maps i was asking if that what yoú mean with that statement that only people get invites in maps designed meta or not ??? this time answer don't just talk around it.

> @roseria.7695 said:

> It was a overall other things people might do it maps i was asking if that what yoú mean with that statement that only people get invites in maps designed meta or not ??? this time answer don't just talk around it.

I mean that i play ( and i played ) all maps, and i only got invited when in a specific part of the map, during a meta event.

I am in TD during the meta but not in a lane? i won't get an invite ( in 2 years a havnt' go any ).

Same goes for Tequatl, DS or whatever.

That said, it's you that changed the reasons over and over, not me.

I am not even laughing at you.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @roseria.7695 said:

> > It was a overall other things people might do it maps i was asking if that what yoú mean with that statement that only people get invites in maps designed meta or not ??? this time answer don't just talk around it.

>

> I mean that i play ( and i played ) all maps, and i only got invited when in a specific part of the map, during a meta event.

>

> I am in TD during the meta but not in a lane? i won't get an invite ( in 2 years a havnt' go any ).

> Same goes for Tequatl, DS or whatever.

>

> That said, it's you that changed the reasons over and over, not me.

> I am not even laughing at you.

Adding reasons not changing its a spectrum of reasons why people just wanna be left alone and you clearly do not understand it.

I'm happy to see that this is not in the game. Trying to organise a meta map is hard enough already, and if people had a 'decline all invites' option it would be a real mess trying to get enough people on to do the events.

Maps have a player number cap, and if there aren't enough people in squads that causes concern that the meta will fail. If people can decline invites and just randomly run around a map with their mates, they are taking the space of other players who would actually contribute to the success of the meta (and may well need it for legendary collections, etc).

If you have to make a tagless squad every now and again for your own peace of mind, that's not a problem. I'd think of it along the lines of switching traits/skills to make certain encounters easier.

It seems like you haven't thought this through (as the solution you're looking for already exists).

> @Funky.4861 said:

> Maps have a player number cap, and if there aren't enough people in squads that causes concern that the meta will fail.

That's why commanders are one of the worst things to happen to GW2. Too many bad players think tags and full maps are required for events that truly only need 3 people per objective and for everyone to simply spread out. It'd be a lot better if they would put larger events in their own dedicated map and had it function more like an activity, where you could simply queue into it and each objective had its own team.