What happen to JQ?

cpchow.7416

WvW is rooted with so many toxicity; the only choices left

* complete overhaul of wvw

* shut down wvw

running to other servers for solutions; sooner or later will have to face the same problems all again

so what's the point?

That's what toxicity does; it spreads everywhere'

It's never ending problems

That will never be resolved

Until you fix the root cause of it

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> WvW is rooted with so many toxicity;

>

> Until you fix the root cause of it

And here is the crux of the problem. What the root cause is. Few agree to what that is.

Conditions, power, stacking, fights, use siege, don't use siege, PPT, PPK, skill balance, new players, rewards, don't reward people, so on, and so on, and so on.

The player base doesn't agree as to what that is.

Jade Quarry is trying to do the same thing Maguuma did, manipulate the system to get it to open up so they can get more transfers. Thing is, anyone considering it would be stupid, as BG, Mag, and others could and would do the same thing manipulating the system and then JQ would still be whining about the same problem. the good fights are in the lower tiers, where its more challenging and fun trying to overcome disadvantages. T1 is for blobs and boring siege wars that BG dominates. You want a challenge and an opputunity to actually fight as a guild and not a blob, and to actually see if you are skillful move down and balance the servers. Its the top T1 servers that are crying about the situation that they created to begin with. They want to make WvW even worse and more irrevelent.

> @"Pagan Highlander.5948" said:

> Jade Quarry is trying to do the same thing Maguuma did, manipulate the system to get it to open up so they can get more transfers. Thing is, anyone considering it would be stupid, as BG, Mag, and others could and would do the same thing manipulating the system and then JQ would still be whining about the same problem. the good fights are in the lower tiers, where its more challenging and fun trying to overcome disadvantages. T1 is for blobs and boring siege wars that BG dominates. You want a challenge and an opputunity to actually fight as a guild and not a blob, and to actually see if you are skillful move down and balance the servers. Its the top T1 servers that are crying about the situation that they created to begin with. They want to make WvW even worse and more irrevelent.

If by "lower tiers" you mean T2: sure.

* T3 doesn't have any fights after Sunday.

* T4 doesn't know what the word "fight" means.

The fights are competitive, just not for those 60-80 man blobs. It takes no skill to win in a blob. T3-T4 tend to have smaller Guild based groups and fights, where its more about skill then about your numbers. Otherwise why would JQ be crying about needing more people when they already have 24/7 coverage and map queues all the time?

> The fights are competitive, just not for those 60-80 man blobs. It takes no skill to win in a blob. T3-T4 tend to have smaller Guild based groups and fights, where its more about skill then about your numbers. Otherwise why would JQ be crying about needing more people when they already have 24/7 coverage and map queues all the time?

As someone who has very recently been in all 4 tiers: your information is objectively wrong. T3 gives up after Sunday, and T4 is never anything other than cloud formation groups of ~15 nebulously hazing each other from 1200 range and missing most of the time.

> @"Choppy.4183" said:

> It's because the large JQ guilds have asked people to stop playing to trick Anet into opening the server so they can pull people from other servers.

And people do actually listen to what they said?! Are they their slaves? If I were them I could't care less of what large guilds said.....noone tell me to play or not!

> The fights are competitive, just not for those 60-80 man blobs. It takes no skill to win in a blob. T3-T4 tend to have smaller Guild based groups and fights, where its more about skill then about your numbers. Otherwise why would JQ be crying about needing more people when they already have 24/7 coverage and map queues all the time?

Confused on where you get your information. Even before JQ began this, they would only ever get a ~20 map queue on EBG, and a map queue on a single BL map during reset night. At no other time does JQ have queues, really.

If Cloud Fly didn't play or transferred servers, JQ would immediately end up in T3/4. His SEA play alone keeps the server up tiers. Not raw population numbers and 24/7 coverage and map queues.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > It's because the large JQ guilds have asked people to stop playing to trick Anet into opening the server so they can pull people from other servers.

>

> And people do actually listen to what they said?! Are they their slaves? If I were them I could't care less of what large guilds said.....noone tell me to play or not!

Same. But based on the posts here and elsewhere, it seems that people have stopped playing.

>Q: When will my world be open?

>A: This depends on the players on that world. If players transfer to a different world or **stop** playing for a period then they no longer will affect the thresholds and the world could open back up.

Looks like they already made their minds up. Well played or not played you get my meaning, enjoy the honeymoon period :)

> @"Missy.7356" said:

> >Q: When will my world be open?

> >A: This depends on the players on that world. If players transfer to a different world or **stop** playing for a period then they no longer will affect the thresholds and the world could open back up.

>

>

>

> Looks like they already made their minds up. Well played or not played you get my meaning, enjoy the honeymoon period :)

Except in the same post:

*Q: Are thresholds based on the top populated world?

A: Yes and no. When we adjust thresholds, we always take into consideration the worlds that have the highest population and play hours and make sure they are “Full”. However, the thresholds do not change based on the biggest worlds because this could be more easily manipulated by players, where they purposely do not play for several weeks to lower their population and open the world back up.*

So.... maybe they HAVE made up their mind.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Missy.7356" said:

> > >Q: When will my world be open?

> > >A: This depends on the players on that world. If players transfer to a different world or **stop** playing for a period then they no longer will affect the thresholds and the world could open back up.

> >

> >

> >

> > Looks like they already made their minds up. Well played or not played you get my meaning, enjoy the honeymoon period :)

>

> Except in the same post:

>

> *Q: Are thresholds based on the top populated world?

> A: Yes and no. When we adjust thresholds, we always take into consideration the worlds that have the highest population and play hours and make sure they are “Full”. However, the thresholds do not change based on the biggest worlds because this could be more easily manipulated by players, where they purposely do not play for several weeks to lower their population and open the world back up.*

>

> So.... maybe they HAVE made up their mind.

Which just means that a ton of people will not be coming back to the game. WvW is busted and ANET just announced they will not fix it.

> @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Missy.7356" said:

> > > >Q: When will my world be open?

> > > >A: This depends on the players on that world. If players transfer to a different world or **stop** playing for a period then they no longer will affect the thresholds and the world could open back up.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Looks like they already made their minds up. Well played or not played you get my meaning, enjoy the honeymoon period :)

> >

> > Except in the same post:

> >

> > *Q: Are thresholds based on the top populated world?

> > A: Yes and no. When we adjust thresholds, we always take into consideration the worlds that have the highest population and play hours and make sure they are “Full”. However, the thresholds do not change based on the biggest worlds because this could be more easily manipulated by players, where they purposely do not play for several weeks to lower their population and open the world back up.*

> >

> > So.... maybe they HAVE made up their mind.

>

> Which just means that a ton of people will not be coming back to the game. WvW is busted and ANET just announced they will not fix it.

You may be right.

I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

So... People complained for months about BG bandwagoning and that Anet didn't do anything about it and should have known. They learn, work to keep it from happening again, (i.e. Actually listening to the vocal player base) and now they are terrible?

> > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

>

> So... People complained for months about BG bandwagoning and that Anet didn't do anything about it and should have known. They learn, work to keep it from happening again, (i.e. Actually listening to the vocal player base) and now they are terrible?

>

>

ANET let BG exploit the tanking / overstacking issue and become the gorilla that destroyed the game mode.

Now it's too late. WvW is dead.

Punishing the other servers after the fact doesn't fix anything.

> @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

> >

> > So... People complained for months about BG bandwagoning and that Anet didn't do anything about it and should have known. They learn, work to keep it from happening again, (i.e. Actually listening to the vocal player base) and now they are terrible?

> >

> >

>

> ANET let BG exploit the tanking / overstacking issue and become the gorilla that destroyed the game mode.

>

> Now it's too late. WvW is dead.

>

> Punishing the other servers after the fact doesn't fix anything.

Smh. It's funny because a lot of the same people involved are involved in JQ.

> > @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > > I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

> > >

> > > So... People complained for months about BG bandwagoning and that Anet didn't do anything about it and should have known. They learn, work to keep it from happening again, (i.e. Actually listening to the vocal player base) and now they are terrible?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > ANET let BG exploit the tanking / overstacking issue and become the gorilla that destroyed the game mode.

> >

> > Now it's too late. WvW is dead.

> >

> > Punishing the other servers after the fact doesn't fix anything.

>

> Smh. It's funny because a lot of the same people involved are involved in JQ.

So? BG is the problem now, has been for a very long time. Ignoring that problem won't make it go away, and WvW will continue to be dead.

Why would someone at this state of the game transfer to JQ? They are a shadow of their former self. Most of the guilds on the server are afraid to fight or too bad to fight. Most good commanders are gone and their NA is on the toxity level of a north Korean coal plant. It's like Maguuma with less skill.

This tanking gets you nowhere but to the bottom. Show some dignity and try to rebuild your server with the material you have. There isn't any better material transfering to JQ even if it's open.

> @"GottFaust.5297" said:

> > @"Pagan Highlander.5948" said:

> > The fights are competitive, just not for those 60-80 man blobs. It takes no skill to win in a blob. T3-T4 tend to have smaller Guild based groups and fights, where its more about skill then about your numbers. Otherwise why would JQ be crying about needing more people when they already have 24/7 coverage and map queues all the time?

>

> As someone who has very recently been in all 4 tiers: your information is objectively wrong. T3 gives up after Sunday, and T4 is never anything other than cloud formation groups of ~15 nebulously hazing each other from 1200 range and missing most of the time.

Not even close but keep trying.

Uh, you obviously aren't from JQ if you say these things. We absolutely do not have map queues all the time and no way do we have 24/7 coverage. Often times I'll be on and then leave to go raid and come back at about 6 PM EST and we'll be dead last and have lost tons of our t3 stuff. No tags to be found at all. People don't start tagging up until 8:30pm or 9pm. And it's usually all the same few people. They are getting burned out. Over the past few months I've listened to them as they went from chill and happy to more and more frustrated and stressed out. I wouldn't be surprised if they outright quit the game to be honest. It's probably a good thing that they are taking a break.

And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG? Anet isn't going to break BG up. Anet isn't going to fix the population issues any time soon. They aren't going to server merge or scrap servers and start all over again. So people have to do what they can given the crappy situation we're all in. Though to be honest I like T2 just fine. The servers there tend to be more or less equal to each other and the fights are fun. It's not usually one server dominating everything. Even if we lose the match we have a good time. That's the whole reason why people are tanking out of T1 to go there.

> @"xarallei.4279" said:

> > @"Pagan Highlander.5948" said:

> > The fights are competitive, just not for those 60-80 man blobs. It takes no skill to win in a blob. T3-T4 tend to have smaller Guild based groups and fights, where its more about skill then about your numbers. Otherwise why would JQ be crying about needing more people when they already have 24/7 coverage and map queues all the time?

>

> Uh, you obviously aren't from JQ if you say these things. We absolutely do not have map queues all the time and no way do we have 24/7 coverage. Often times I'll be on and then leave to go raid and come back at about 6 PM EST and we'll be dead last and have lost tons of our t3 stuff. No tags to be found at all. People don't start tagging up until 8:30pm or 9pm. And it's usually all the same few people. They are getting burned out. Over the past few months I've listened to them as they went from chill and happy to more and more frustrated and stressed out. I wouldn't be surprised if they outright quit the game to be honest. It's probably a good thing that they are taking a break.

>

> And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG? Anet isn't going to break BG up. Anet isn't going to fix the population issues any time soon. They aren't going to server merge or scrap servers and start all over again. So people have to do what they can given the crappy situation we're all in. Though to be honest I like T2 just fine. The servers there tend to be more or less equal to each other and the fights are fun. It's not usually one server dominating everything. Even if we lose the match we have a good time. That's the whole reason why people are tanking out of T1 to go there.

Like someone else's poined out, there is no more enough amount/quality of people willing to stack & pay gems to get on a server to achieve nothing more at the end in a non-rewarding game mode : except feeding ego of those guilds leaders stomping low level tiers servers... They would compete BG for 24hours and they would stop showing up again after, then those guilds would transfer not willing to accept to recognise being the sole reason of the server disarray. Tanking will change Nothing but bring your server to a worse state than before and you might stay locked forever in the bottomless pit. xD

You know what happen when you have few people willing to push the red self-destruct button to feed their personnal goal against impossible odds : everyone with them go boom and then they blame everyone else but themselves and vanish into thin air.

JQ is going ALL-IN and it may be the final nail in the coffin for them as T1 server...