WvW servers behaving badly

Meurto.8520

Looks like the WvW servers are taking a break again tonight 12/11. I'm in tier 3 and each side has a fairly small force (30ish) roaming about and I haven't seen a single 3 way yet, but there is terrible hitching, skill lag and warping. I can't imagine how bad t1/2 are currently. Anyone else experiencing this?

> @"Meurto.8520" said:

> Looks like the WvW servers are taking a break again tonight 12/11. I'm in tier 3 and each side has a fairly small force (30ish) roaming about and I haven't seen a single 3 way yet, but there is terrible hitching, skill lag and warping. I can't imagine how bad t1/2 are currently. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah, I had some pretty hardcore lag the night before last even in a 2v5. In fact, just jumping off a cliff on my own had a 2s lag between landing and registering fall damage. Couldn't tell if it was a local problem or not though.

Every one actually should stop playing <3, its a ktrain mostly or lag fights... redundandcy from cap where theres no team, try to counter enemy group while they run away, back to capping empty strucutre, counter enemy group on home bl, and then watch them run away or bing a full stacked map to easy flash take the strucures.

to much redundanct

low mechanics

awfull skill and class design/balance

people get tired

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> i wonder if our guys use windows - if yes, turn of antivirus real time, turn off firewall, and then check if isp has not limited your connection for your gaming server. if in all of this, you are ok, then i guess, something is wrong with the servers. because as of now, i really seldom experience it.

i dont live in the land of the free, internet neutrallity is still enforced here, and u can sue if some isp if they are borkign up stuff.

Wich is interesting cause for me as a EU players on NA server to be laggin, NA players start laggin way sooner, while im ok.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > i wonder if our guys use windows - if yes, turn of antivirus real time, turn off firewall, and then check if isp has not limited your connection for your gaming server. if in all of this, you are ok, then i guess, something is wrong with the servers. because as of now, i really seldom experience it.

>

> i dont live in the land of the free, internet neutrallity is still enforced here, and u can sue if some isp if they are borkign up stuff.

> Wich is interesting cause for me as a EU players on NA server to be laggin, NA players start laggin way sooner, while im ok.

Same, when i made those adjustments, i dont lag unless it is server lag.

> i wonder if our guys use windows - if yes, turn of antivirus real time, turn off firewall, and then check if isp has not limited your connection for your gaming server. if in all of this, you are ok, then i guess, something is wrong with the servers. because as of now, i really seldom experience it.

Would suck if someone injected some malware into voip if you do that.

> @"SugarCayne.3098" said:

> > i wonder if our guys use windows - if yes, turn of antivirus real time, turn off firewall, and then check if isp has not limited your connection for your gaming server. if in all of this, you are ok, then i guess, something is wrong with the servers. because as of now, i really seldom experience it.

>

> Would suck if someone injected some malware into voip if you do that.

=) indeed. =/ a choice between lag or no lag

It was so bad last night that at one point I was waiting for an ability to fire and evidently I had been taking AC fire as I instantly lost my full hp pool to AC fire. The damage seemed to be delivered all at once as when the servers finally responded I was instantly downed and took it as a sign I should retire for the evening.

lag started when heroic armor was introduced (because of the animations from out of battle to in battle modes) if you have lag like this.. turn off character models and use only team colors.. it helps.. looks like shite.. but helps. Also there have been DDoS attacks on the servers for about 2 months now... that effects gameplay lag also.

thats why you have a gaming comp and a comp for other stuff. =)

you turn those off by allowing gw2 to by pass firewall as an exception and the same listed in your anti virus.

if you fear malicious wares, dont go to untrusted sites nor open unwanted files.

a better ap to use is northon ghost or acronis, make a clone of your os when it is updated and clean.

if you feel it is slow, reset your software. takes only 5 mins.

haha.

> thats why you have a gaming comp and a comp for other stuff. =)

>

> you turn those off by allowing gw2 to by pass firewall as an exception and the same listed in your anti virus.

>

> if you fear malicious wares, dont go to untrusted sites nor open unwanted files.

>

> a better ap to use is northon ghost or acronis, make a clone of your os when it is updated and clean.

>

> if you feel it is slow, reset your software. takes only 5 mins.

>

> haha.

If it gets into your network it’s a domino effect.

> @"SugarCayne.3098" said:

> > thats why you have a gaming comp and a comp for other stuff. =)

> >

> > you turn those off by allowing gw2 to by pass firewall as an exception and the same listed in your anti virus.

> >

> > if you fear malicious wares, dont go to untrusted sites nor open unwanted files.

> >

> > a better ap to use is northon ghost or acronis, make a clone of your os when it is updated and clean.

> >

> > if you feel it is slow, reset your software. takes only 5 mins.

> >

> > haha.

>

> If it gets into your network it’s a domino effect.

thats why you dont risk it in the first place.