12/12 thief patch

Urejt.5648

Well I wasnt expecting any changes to rifle at all. I still think they couldve made more improvements to rifle and deadeye though.

There is still the annoying lag when placing a mark on a target, making it so you have to wait **far** longer than 0.5 else you interrupt it. Make it so you cant interrupt this action by with another action! simply buffer the next move, there is no reason why the player would want to cancel out of it.

I can think of a few more changes to rifle before I can definitely find a use for it. These suggesting are for PvE only:

Make malice decay only when out of combat and allow DJ to gain bonus damage against unmarked enemies as opposed to being the same as in PvP where the dmg bonus applies only to marked opponents. If you take magnificent 7 the health return only applies once per time you are OoC.

What if when you kill an enemy with DJ you get 2 initiative returned, this would make taking down larger groups of weaker enemies easier than it currently is using rifle. DJ becomes the pseudo anti mob skill of the set.

I think that if double tap/3rb cost 3 initiative it would flow better, 4 initiative is too much for a main dps power, given other cost like kneeling and rolling to consider.

If these changes were made I can definitely find a use for rifle in PvE.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"kash.9213" said:

> > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > @"Asur.9178" said:

> > > "Steady Focus: This trait has been renamed Farsighted, and its functionality has been changed. It now causes projectiles fired by ranger weapon skills to deal 5% bonus damage. This bonus is increased to 10% on foes beyond a range of 600."

> > >

> > > ...just saying.....

> > >

> > > PS: Lb soulbeast is still a better "sniper" than your roleplay full potential deadeye.

> >

> > Lmao. Death's Judgement can get up to 128% extra damage and be fired multiple times. Try again.

>

> Try landing multiple times.

go ahead and dodge a couple of times, gl with your baited dodges and baited skill usages.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > LOL stealth stacking nerfed hard

>

> not that hard... DD can still gain 4 stacks on a smoke field by bound backwards, heartseeker forewards, bound backwards, heartseeker forwards. And without the move debuff, you can still get 3 with heartseeker alone just by being quick with your reverse direction key.

Actually you can more or less still get 4 leaps through BP even without bound if you have low enough ping and get your angles and timing right (it's somehow easier without swiftness for what I could gather), but it's a struggle to do it right now... and it didn't come with any explanation or reasoning on why did they need to change this when it was a good gameplay mechanic existent since launch, removing it only makes the movement feel more clunky and it affects all the classes with leaps... hence it's the change that bothers me the most... I mean changes like this that remove features that give you control over movement making gameplay experience more fluid and skillful, without any given reason, that stink off "ulterior motive" are the worst any game can add.

> @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > LOL stealth stacking nerfed hard

> >

> > not that hard... DD can still gain 4 stacks on a smoke field by bound backwards, heartseeker forewards, bound backwards, heartseeker forwards. And without the move debuff, you can still get 3 with heartseeker alone just by being quick with your reverse direction key.

>

> Actually you can more or less still get 4 leaps through BP even without bound if you have low enough ping and get your angles and timing right (it's somehow easier without swiftness for what I could gather), but it's a struggle to do it right now... and it didn't come with any explanation or reasoning on why did they need to change this when it was a good gameplay mechanic existent since launch, removing it only makes the movement feel more clunky and it affects all the classes with leaps... hence it's the change that bothers me the most... I mean changes like this that remove features that give you control over movement making gameplay experience more fluid and skillful, without any given reason, that stink off "ulterior motive" are the worst any game can add.

Actually, this bug fix was long overdue and is a good thing. If you need that 4th leap all the time to play d/p and are failing otherwise, then there's other problems.

I can't recall a single thief that enjoyed looking at the floor while having a mob untargeted to do their dps rotation on their highest power dps build.

> @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > LOL stealth stacking nerfed hard

> >

> > not that hard... DD can still gain 4 stacks on a smoke field by bound backwards, heartseeker forewards, bound backwards, heartseeker forwards. And without the move debuff, you can still get 3 with heartseeker alone just by being quick with your reverse direction key.

>

> Actually you can more or less still get 4 leaps through BP even without bound if you have low enough ping and get your angles and timing right (it's somehow easier without swiftness for what I could gather), but it's a struggle to do it right now... and it didn't come with any explanation or reasoning on why did they need to change this when it was a good gameplay mechanic existent since launch, removing it only makes the movement feel more clunky and it affects all the classes with leaps... hence it's the change that bothers me the most... I mean changes like this that remove features that give you control over movement making gameplay experience more fluid and skillful, without any given reason, that stink off "ulterior motive" are the worst any game can add.

It's not so much the getting 4 leaps as it is controlling your distance.

For instance let's say you are playing on Foefire. You're at mid and the enemy come in off spawn or from far making it a favorable fight for them. I would stack my stealth at mid then SS out and bolt for far to decap in hopes my team rotates off to home or holds for a bit.

How do you think that is going to work using the new leap rules? How many stupid accidental reveals you think the average thief is going to have? How much easier is it to now outplay a thief a class who's actually hurting in that area?

The change makes zero sense and just shows unabated disdain for the thief class by the Dev team.

Another lovely thing to think about is how much harder will it be to do open world PvE, map completion, etc?

> @"Asur.9178" said:

> > @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > LOL stealth stacking nerfed hard

> > >

> > > not that hard... DD can still gain 4 stacks on a smoke field by bound backwards, heartseeker forewards, bound backwards, heartseeker forwards. And without the move debuff, you can still get 3 with heartseeker alone just by being quick with your reverse direction key.

> >

> > Actually you can more or less still get 4 leaps through BP even without bound if you have low enough ping and get your angles and timing right (it's somehow easier without swiftness for what I could gather), but it's a struggle to do it right now... and it didn't come with any explanation or reasoning on why did they need to change this when it was a good gameplay mechanic existent since launch, removing it only makes the movement feel more clunky and it affects all the classes with leaps... hence it's the change that bothers me the most... I mean changes like this that remove features that give you control over movement making gameplay experience more fluid and skillful, without any given reason, that stink off "ulterior motive" are the worst any game can add.

>

> Actually, this bug fix was long overdue and is a good thing. If you need that 4th leap all the time to play d/p and are failing otherwise, then there's other problems.

Actually no once something has been let to go for that long it is now a feature.

Besides they could have removed 4x leap and kept the ability to control your distance & most ppl would have been ok with it

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > @"Asur.9178" said:

> > > @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > LOL stealth stacking nerfed hard

> > > >

> > > > not that hard... DD can still gain 4 stacks on a smoke field by bound backwards, heartseeker forewards, bound backwards, heartseeker forwards. And without the move debuff, you can still get 3 with heartseeker alone just by being quick with your reverse direction key.

> > >

> > > Actually you can more or less still get 4 leaps through BP even without bound if you have low enough ping and get your angles and timing right (it's somehow easier without swiftness for what I could gather), but it's a struggle to do it right now... and it didn't come with any explanation or reasoning on why did they need to change this when it was a good gameplay mechanic existent since launch, removing it only makes the movement feel more clunky and it affects all the classes with leaps... hence it's the change that bothers me the most... I mean changes like this that remove features that give you control over movement making gameplay experience more fluid and skillful, without any given reason, that stink off "ulterior motive" are the worst any game can add.

> >

> > Actually, this bug fix was long overdue and is a good thing. If you need that 4th leap all the time to play d/p and are failing otherwise, then there's other problems.

>

> Actually no once something has been let to go for that long it is now a feature.

>

> Besides they could have removed 4x leap and kept the ability to control your distance & most ppl would have been ok with it

Exactly, if they really wanted to make a point about the 4th leap there were other ways to implement it without messing up the movement control you had (not there there is any pertinent reason for them to remove the optional initiative costly 4th leap in the first place).

Asur seems to have missed the point of what I was talking about, as well as he missed the part where I said you can still do 4 leaps, so it seems this change wasn't meant to alter that behavior. Yet again if you're talking about killing mobs and doing rotations you're probably talking about pve where you have other potent sources of stealth you can take if you want or need, but I wasn't talking about pve I was talking about pvp combat and movement. DP isn't even designed to be the optimal weapon set for pve so no hard feelings, Asur, but unless you were trying to troll me or you have specifically something against DP thief and need to vent out, your statements leave a lot to be desired.

This change affects movement control overall (for all professions) not the freaking 4th leap in BP of thief. It just makes the gameplay more clunky by depriving you of positioning capability.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> Ok, serious question.

>

> How many actually had to look up what “The Ripper” was before facepalming?

It is a hint for underwater LS weee..... jk~

DE is still meh for me in pvp.

This "Movement Skills: Camera facing no longer reduces the travel distance of these skills." however is a nerf to dp. I guess eles and thieves abusing it was more important than addressing things like EM or condi burst from mes.

> @"Asur.9178" said:

> > @"DEVule.1769" said:

> > https://imgur.com/a/Au4mn

> >

> > Deadeye rifle golem

>

> Highly unrealistic, with unrealistic buffs. Don't spread nonsense. Thanks!

There aren't that many classes that can hit that DPS number with the same unrealistic buffs, though. It might be nonsense, but it might also be more viable than you think.

> @"Asur.9178" said:

> > @"DEVule.1769" said:

> > https://imgur.com/a/Au4mn

> >

> > Deadeye rifle golem

>

> Highly unrealistic, with unrealistic buffs. Don't spread nonsense. Thanks!

PvE who cares?

Devs can nerf or add behaviors to PvE content based on PvP balance changes. The simple fact that players cry over PvE balance is hilarious since you can complete any PvE content w/ any class/setup/etc

> @"DEVule.1769" said:

> https://imgur.com/a/Au4mn

>

> Deadeye rifle golem

As someone else already pointed out, this is nonsense. Don't try oversell a bad dps weaponset. Rifle dps is NOT "viable". If you want a ranged dps weaponset, go play another class; thief fails in that department.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > @"Asur.9178" said:

> > > @"DEVule.1769" said:

> > > https://imgur.com/a/Au4mn

> > >

> > > Deadeye rifle golem

> >

> > Highly unrealistic, with unrealistic buffs. Don't spread nonsense. Thanks!

>

> There aren't that many classes that can hit that DPS number with the same unrealistic buffs, though. It might be nonsense, but it might also be more viable than you think.

No, rifle as a dps weaponset is NOT "viable" in any form of endgame PvE. World bosses, where you can sit far away and auto-attack/camp kneel, does not count because literally everything is "viable" in open world PvE, where you can get away with simply auto attacking. In fact, sb auto-attacking is more "viable" than rifle in open world PvE.

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > @"Asur.9178" said:

> > >

> >

> > Highly unrealistic, with unrealistic buffs. Don't spread nonsense. Thanks!

>

> PvE who cares?

>

> Devs can nerf or add behaviors to PvE content based on PvP balance changes. The simple fact that players cry over PvE balance is hilarious since you can complete any PvE content w/ any class/setup/etc

You expect devs to add/nerf behaviours to make a bad dps weaponset viable for dps? How do you propose they do that without also strengthening the other dps options?

______

There's a reason "full potential deadeye" has become a meme. Choosing to live the life of an ostrich and sticking your head in the ground won't suddenly change that.

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > @"Kurow.6973" said:

> > >

> >

> > As someone else already pointed out, this is nonsense. Don't try oversell a bad dps weaponset. Rifle dps is NOT "viable". If you want a ranged dps weaponset, go play another class; thief fails in that department.

> >

> > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > @"Asur.9178" said:

> > > > > @"DEVule.1769" said:

> > > > > https://imgur.com/a/Au4mn

> > > > >

> > > > > Deadeye rifle golem

> > > >

> > > > Highly unrealistic, with unrealistic buffs. Don't spread nonsense. Thanks!

> > >

> > > There aren't that many classes that can hit that DPS number with the same unrealistic buffs, though. It might be nonsense, but it might also be more viable than you think.

> >

> > No, rifle as a dps weaponset is NOT "viable" in any form of endgame PvE. World bosses, where you can sit far away and auto-attack/camp kneel, does not count because literally everything is "viable" in open world PvE, where you can get away with simply auto attacking. In fact, sb auto-attacking is more "viable" than rifle in open world PvE.

> >

> > > > @"Asur.9178" said:

> > > > > @"DEVule.1769" said:

> > > > > https://imgur.com/a/Au4mn

> > > > >

> > > > > Deadeye rifle golem

> > > >

> > > > Highly unrealistic, with unrealistic buffs. Don't spread nonsense. Thanks!

> > >

> > > PvE who cares?

> > >

> > > Devs can nerf or add behaviors to PvE content based on PvP balance changes. The simple fact that players cry over PvE balance is hilarious since you can complete any PvE content w/ any class/setup/etc

> >

> > You expect devs to add/nerf behaviours to make a bad dps weaponset viable for dps? How do you propose they do that without also strengthening the other dps options?

> >

> > ______

> >

> > There's a reason "full potential deadeye" has become a meme. Choosing to live the life of an ostrich and sticking your head in the ground won't suddenly change that.

>

> Who gives a kitten it's PvE? It's not like you have to perfect a profession to do it. If your Deadeye isn't cutting it for you try DD or even an Ele, Engi, Mesmer, etc. Who cares its PVE!! I can literally get too drunk to see straight and still be able to PvE on a profession i've never played before. I've tried it way back when I made my Warrior. I did it on my mesmer, rev, ele, etc etc etc.

>

> GW2 PvE only players are the most self entitled players on the planet

Well there are a lot of ppl not caring about PvP (all types) either. Balancing aroung on just one game mode in a game like Gw2 just does not work (see the last few balance tries).

I really think the split balancing between modes is a step in the right direction. So can PvE player get the dmg they need and PvP get the survivability and tickle dmg they want. Or they could just save themselfes some time and delete PvP completely. Could you imagen the outcry of the community?

Anyway back to topic:

The changes itself are nice and i hope they continiue down this path.

Its debateable if they were enough or not, but hey, its something.

And at this point, every tiny bit helps.

> @"Grissman.2845" said:

> > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > @"Kurow.6973" said:

> > > > @"DEVule.1769" said:

> > > > https://imgur.com/a/Au4mn

> > > >

> > > > Deadeye rifle golem

> > >

> > > As someone else already pointed out, this is nonsense. Don't try oversell a bad dps weaponset. Rifle dps is NOT "viable". If you want a ranged dps weaponset, go play another class; thief fails in that department.

> > >

> > > > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > > > @"Asur.9178" said:

> > > > > > @"DEVule.1769" said:

> > > > > > https://imgur.com/a/Au4mn

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Deadeye rifle golem

> > > > >

> > > > > Highly unrealistic, with unrealistic buffs. Don't spread nonsense. Thanks!

> > > >

> > > > There aren't that many classes that can hit that DPS number with the same unrealistic buffs, though. It might be nonsense, but it might also be more viable than you think.

> > >

> > > No, rifle as a dps weaponset is NOT "viable" in any form of endgame PvE. World bosses, where you can sit far away and auto-attack/camp kneel, does not count because literally everything is "viable" in open world PvE, where you can get away with simply auto attacking. In fact, sb auto-attacking is more "viable" than rifle in open world PvE.

> > >

> > > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > @"Asur.9178" said:

> > > > > > @"DEVule.1769" said:

> > > > > > https://imgur.com/a/Au4mn

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Deadeye rifle golem

> > > > >

> > > > > Highly unrealistic, with unrealistic buffs. Don't spread nonsense. Thanks!

> > > >

> > > > PvE who cares?

> > > >

> > > > Devs can nerf or add behaviors to PvE content based on PvP balance changes. The simple fact that players cry over PvE balance is hilarious since you can complete any PvE content w/ any class/setup/etc

> > >

> > > You expect devs to add/nerf behaviours to make a bad dps weaponset viable for dps? How do you propose they do that without also strengthening the other dps options?

> > >

> > > ______

> > >

> > > There's a reason "full potential deadeye" has become a meme. Choosing to live the life of an ostrich and sticking your head in the ground won't suddenly change that.

> >

> > Who gives a kitten it's PvE? It's not like you have to perfect a profession to do it. If your Deadeye isn't cutting it for you try DD or even an Ele, Engi, Mesmer, etc. Who cares its PVE!! I can literally get too drunk to see straight and still be able to PvE on a profession i've never played before. I've tried it way back when I made my Warrior. I did it on my mesmer, rev, ele, etc etc etc.

> >

> > GW2 PvE only players are the most self entitled players on the planet

>

> Well there are a lot of ppl not caring about PvP (all types) either. Balancing aroung on just one game mode in a game like Gw2 just does not work (see the last few balance tries).

> I really think the split balancing between modes is a step in the right direction. So can PvE player get the dmg they need and PvP get the survivability and tickle dmg they want. Or they could just save themselfes some time and delete PvP completely. Could you imagen the outcry of the community?

>

> Anyway back to topic:

> The changes itself are nice and i hope they continiue down this path.

> Its debateable if they were enough or not, but hey, its something.

> And at this point, every tiny bit helps.

They can't split fully so you default to PvP.

PvE need damage b/c the content dictates it. They can change it to require other things other than DPS DPS DPS DPS

> @"Kurow.6973" said:

> There's a reason "full potential deadeye" has become a meme. Choosing to live the life of an ostrich and sticking your head in the ground won't suddenly change that.

The ironic part of that meme is its pretty hard to reach the full potential of any build when you don't have skill to use it. :P

> @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > @"Kurow.6973" said:

> > There's a reason "full potential deadeye" has become a meme. Choosing to live the life of an ostrich and sticking your head in the ground won't suddenly change that.

>

> The ironic part of that meme is its pretty hard to reach the full potential of any build when you don't have skill to use it. :P

Which isn't exactly the case here, so lets stop pretending there are no problems with DE/rifle that need to be addressed for some reason ;)

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Kurow.6973" said:

> > > There's a reason "full potential deadeye" has become a meme. Choosing to live the life of an ostrich and sticking your head in the ground won't suddenly change that.

> >

> > The ironic part of that meme is its pretty hard to reach the full potential of any build when you don't have skill to use it. :P

>

> Which isn't exactly the case here, so lets stop pretending there are no problems with DE that need to be addressed for some reason ;)

I never said there were no problems with DE. But there definitely is a MASSIVE problem with the people _trying_ to use it. ;)

> @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > > @"Kurow.6973" said:

> > > > There's a reason "full potential deadeye" has become a meme. Choosing to live the life of an ostrich and sticking your head in the ground won't suddenly change that.

> > >

> > > The ironic part of that meme is its pretty hard to reach the full potential of any build when you don't have skill to use it. :P

> >

> > Which isn't exactly the case here, so lets stop pretending there are no problems with DE that need to be addressed for some reason ;)

>

> I never said there were no problems with DE. But there definitely is a MASSIVE problem with the people _trying_ to use it. ;)

Yeah, yeah, we've been over it. Every time you write "hurr durr you just need2bskilled brah" and after a responce or two "I never said there were no problems with DE" or "I never said DE is good".

Well, if it's not, then stop pretending it is, ty :)

Also you claiming that everyone around can't play DE and you're a self-proclaimed DE specialist since literally day one doesn't really help in my eyes :p

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > > > @"Kurow.6973" said:

> > > > > There's a reason "full potential deadeye" has become a meme. Choosing to live the life of an ostrich and sticking your head in the ground won't suddenly change that.

> > > >

> > > > The ironic part of that meme is its pretty hard to reach the full potential of any build when you don't have skill to use it. :P

> > >

> > > Which isn't exactly the case here, so lets stop pretending there are no problems with DE that need to be addressed for some reason ;)

> >

> > I never said there were no problems with DE. But there definitely is a MASSIVE problem with the people _trying_ to use it. ;)

>

> Yeah, yeah, we've been over it. Every time you write "hurr durr you just need2bskilled brah" and after a responce or two "I never said there were no problems with DE" or "I never said DE is good".

> Well, if it's not, then stop pretending it is, ty :)

If people would stop being shit, so would the spec. Not a hard concept to grasp.

> @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > > > > @"Kurow.6973" said:

> > > > > > There's a reason "full potential deadeye" has become a meme. Choosing to live the life of an ostrich and sticking your head in the ground won't suddenly change that.

> > > > >

> > > > > The ironic part of that meme is its pretty hard to reach the full potential of any build when you don't have skill to use it. :P

> > > >

> > > > Which isn't exactly the case here, so lets stop pretending there are no problems with DE that need to be addressed for some reason ;)

> > >

> > > I never said there were no problems with DE. But there definitely is a MASSIVE problem with the people _trying_ to use it. ;)

> >

> > Yeah, yeah, we've been over it. Every time you write "hurr durr you just need2bskilled brah" and after a responce or two "I never said there were no problems with DE" or "I never said DE is good".

> > Well, if it's not, then stop pretending it is, ty :)

>

> If people would stop being kitten, so would the spec. Not a hard concept to grasp.

No, not really.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kurow.6973" said:

> > > > > > > There's a reason "full potential deadeye" has become a meme. Choosing to live the life of an ostrich and sticking your head in the ground won't suddenly change that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The ironic part of that meme is its pretty hard to reach the full potential of any build when you don't have skill to use it. :P

> > > > >

> > > > > Which isn't exactly the case here, so lets stop pretending there are no problems with DE that need to be addressed for some reason ;)

> > > >

> > > > I never said there were no problems with DE. But there definitely is a MASSIVE problem with the people _trying_ to use it. ;)

> > >

> > > Yeah, yeah, we've been over it. Every time you write "hurr durr you just need2bskilled brah" and after a responce or two "I never said there were no problems with DE" or "I never said DE is good".

> > > Well, if it's not, then stop pretending it is, ty :)

> >

> > If people would stop being kitten, so would the spec. Not a hard concept to grasp.

>

> No, not really.

What areas are you having problems with DE? Sometimes if you are unsuccessful with a new spec, but others *are* successful, it's ok to ask for help learning how to improve. I can help you overcome the enemies that you are losing against if you tell me what you cannot beat.

> @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> It is possible to get 4 stacks with HS through BP quite easily and consistently, but not without the risk of accidentally hitting someone to break reveal. Video here

>

>

DING DING DING

We have a winner.

Even 2x HS puts an insane amount of risk of revealing yourself.

Now try that in the middle of a match instead of the lobby. Also during the heat of battle a single shudder in frame rate will cause you to fail the 4x leap.

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

>

> DING DING DING

>

> We have a winner.

>

> Even 2x HS puts an insane amount of risk of revealing yourself.

>

> Now try that in the middle of a match instead of the lobby. Also during the heat of battle a single shudder in frame rate will cause you to fail the 4x leap.

I agree. Like others I find it odd they fixed it now after years lol