Patch notes... let the bloodbath begin lol

Devilman.1532

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > Punishing skill usage, perfect.

> > If so remove confusion proc from AA.

> > THANKS.

> >

> > There's literally no counter, and the cofusion user wins facerolling.

>

> Or remove the damage/second part of it in PvP.

I would prefer to see AA proc removed.

Confusion is meant to be a nice dps, but on skill use.

I like that.

But you should at least give a player his AA.

Maybe incrase the damage on skill use since players can't spam them ( except some classes ).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> - Arcane Fury: This trait has been replaced by Arcane Prowess , which grants might for 8 seconds when you swap attunements.

>

> I mean really? WTH...... Did anyone even ask for this change? Fury is very important to me and might corrupts into weakness I'm pretty sure....

Pretty certain nobody asked for it. It's not like Eles have ever had difficulty stacking Might anyway.

#NECRO. AXE. BUFFS. MY DUDES.

Are you ready to press 2??? Also how about the **NEARLY DOUBLE DAMAGE** on ranger greatsword stage-3 autos (which also grant a full 1s of evasion while attacking)? Seriously, what is that? The guy who pushed that out is clinically insane. Personally, though, I think someone in anet wanted to have a giggle and threw in an extra 10% across the board on necro axe because it's basically just a big meme at this point.

> @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > @"Rukia.9860" said:

> > top kek my dudes

> >

> > Are the mesmer notes literally a troll?

> >

>

> this is what the devs have to say about mirage

>

> ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/9e0860a3aa5399d9ac258d18dc8988c3/tumblr_p0v5j9pmpQ1s6ueo5o1_1280.jpg "")

>

This is a super top joke because I can stack over 30 confusion onto a single target condi in PvP, and even as it dwindles away, it still takes well over 5 seconds for that number to drop below even 10 (still an outrageous number). Most effective, single-pop invulns float at around the 3s mark, and even those kill all flow of combat in such a passive, no-effort manner. Not to mention that while degenerating, the condi stacks still deal passive damage.

> @"Duzik.9137" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > Given the biggest complaint people had on Scourge was its burst ability, which got nearly halved this patch, I don't think it's been "cemented as meta" after today.

> >

> > Now, if you stand there and eat everything without defending yourself/cleansing like your average PvE mob, then yes, Scourge got buffed in PvP today. If you do that, though, you're just a terrible player.

>

> Cleansed with what? You undersand that some classes have condy clean around 2 conditions per 9 sec or something like that , scourge puts 4-6 conditions per click

He got it right, scourge is cheating W. T. F.

> @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > > > @"Rukia.9860" said:

> > > > top kek my dudes

> > > >

> > > > Are the mesmer notes literally a troll?

> > > >

> > >

> > > this is what the devs have to say about mirage

> > >

> > > ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/9e0860a3aa5399d9ac258d18dc8988c3/tumblr_p0v5j9pmpQ1s6ueo5o1_1280.jpg "")

> > >

> >

> > Well, that makes sense but that mechanic means anyone below platinum gets punished real hard for button mashing and not paying attention to the confusion stacks. Which means this forum gets flooded with complaints.

>

> dude, you can insta burst 30+ stacks of confusion. you are going to die even if you don't use skills, and you only need to auto once or twice to die from 30+ confusion so death is on the cards. doesn't matter if plat or bronze, mirage gonna burst you down.

Nah dude it's simple just dont use any skills at all for 15 seconds, do you even counterplay

> @"Flauvious.6195" said:

> > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > > @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > > > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > > > > @"Rukia.9860" said:

> > > > > top kek my dudes

> > > > >

> > > > > Are the mesmer notes literally a troll?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > this is what the devs have to say about mirage

> > > >

> > > > ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/9e0860a3aa5399d9ac258d18dc8988c3/tumblr_p0v5j9pmpQ1s6ueo5o1_1280.jpg "")

> > > >

> > >

> > > Well, that makes sense but that mechanic means anyone below platinum gets punished real hard for button mashing and not paying attention to the confusion stacks. Which means this forum gets flooded with complaints.

> >

> > dude, you can insta burst 30+ stacks of confusion. you are going to die even if you don't use skills, and you only need to auto once or twice to die from 30+ confusion so death is on the cards. doesn't matter if plat or bronze, mirage gonna burst you down.

>

> Nah dude it's simple just dont use any skills at all for 15 seconds, do you even counterplay

This (when people say it seriously) and the "don't move while you have torment on you because it's the smart and aware thing to do" meme absolutely cement this game's playerbase in the gutter. On a side note, it's kind of shocking to really find/see a gw2-related place in which the anet whiteknights are outnumbered by complaints. The game is sustained by whales, after all. You have to reeeeaally try in order to still manage to spawn a consistently critical crowd within your playerbase if all of your game design efforts have been in pursuit of culling your own playerbase until nothing but whales were left.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> - Arcane Fury: This trait has been replaced by Arcane Prowess , which grants might for 8 seconds when you swap attunements.

>

> I mean really? WTH...... Did anyone even ask for this change? Fury is very important to me and might corrupts into weakness I'm pretty sure....

I distinctly recall several forum conversations from some high level players about Weaver needing might access that isn't tied to the fire traitline.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> I distinctly recall several forum conversations from some high level players about Weaver needing might access that isn't tied to the fire traitline.

I would like to see that, because I haven't invested in fire traitline for years and weaver across most weapon sets has plenty of access to might stacks simply by rotating properly. I merely augment my weapon set with a sigil of courage and I exceed 20 stacks most of the time with about 40% boon duration increase from runes/traits.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > - Arcane Fury: This trait has been replaced by Arcane Prowess , which grants might for 8 seconds when you swap attunements.

> >

> > I mean really? WTH...... Did anyone even ask for this change? Fury is very important to me and might corrupts into weakness I'm pretty sure....

>

> I distinctly recall several forum conversations from some high level players about Weaver needing might access that isn't tied to the fire traitline.

How about condy clean that is not tied to water?

> @"Duzik.9137" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > - Arcane Fury: This trait has been replaced by Arcane Prowess , which grants might for 8 seconds when you swap attunements.

> > >

> > > I mean really? WTH...... Did anyone even ask for this change? Fury is very important to me and might corrupts into weakness I'm pretty sure....

> >

> > I distinctly recall several forum conversations from some high level players about Weaver needing might access that isn't tied to the fire traitline.

>

> How about condy clean that is not tied to water?

Weaver can condi clear by swapping to Air as far as Quaggan knows.

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > @"Duzik.9137" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > - Arcane Fury: This trait has been replaced by Arcane Prowess , which grants might for 8 seconds when you swap attunements.

> > > >

> > > > I mean really? WTH...... Did anyone even ask for this change? Fury is very important to me and might corrupts into weakness I'm pretty sure....

> > >

> > > I distinctly recall several forum conversations from some high level players about Weaver needing might access that isn't tied to the fire traitline.

> >

> > How about condy clean that is not tied to water?

>

> Weaver can condi clear by swapping to Air as far as Quaggan knows.

It can only cleanse that way if they have taken Weaver GM Woven Stride which gives regen on swiftness/superspeed application which then procs Cleansing Water... which is Water GM trait.

> @"Kyon.9735" said:

> > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > @"Duzik.9137" said:

> > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > - Arcane Fury: This trait has been replaced by Arcane Prowess , which grants might for 8 seconds when you swap attunements.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean really? WTH...... Did anyone even ask for this change? Fury is very important to me and might corrupts into weakness I'm pretty sure....

> > > >

> > > > I distinctly recall several forum conversations from some high level players about Weaver needing might access that isn't tied to the fire traitline.

> > >

> > > How about condy clean that is not tied to water?

> >

> > Weaver can condi clear by swapping to Air as far as Quaggan knows.

>

> It can only cleanse that way if they have taken Weaver GM Woven Stride which gives regen on swiftness/superspeed application which then procs Cleansing Water... which is Water GM trait.

Right. Quaggan should go sleep.

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > @"Duzik.9137" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > - Arcane Fury: This trait has been replaced by Arcane Prowess , which grants might for 8 seconds when you swap attunements.

> > > >

> > > > I mean really? WTH...... Did anyone even ask for this change? Fury is very important to me and might corrupts into weakness I'm pretty sure....

> > >

> > > I distinctly recall several forum conversations from some high level players about Weaver needing might access that isn't tied to the fire traitline.

> >

> > How about condy clean that is not tied to water?

>

> Weaver can condi clear by swapping to Air as far as Quaggan knows.

That's tied to water. You get swiftness on attuning to air which also gives regen due to the Woven Stride weaver trait, which then cleanses due to the Cleansing Water trait from water.

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > @"Kyon.9735" said:

> > > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > > @"Duzik.9137" said:

> > > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > - Arcane Fury: This trait has been replaced by Arcane Prowess , which grants might for 8 seconds when you swap attunements.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean really? WTH...... Did anyone even ask for this change? Fury is very important to me and might corrupts into weakness I'm pretty sure....

> > > > >

> > > > > I distinctly recall several forum conversations from some high level players about Weaver needing might access that isn't tied to the fire traitline.

> > > >

> > > > How about condy clean that is not tied to water?

> > >

> > > Weaver can condi clear by swapping to Air as far as Quaggan knows.

> >

> > It can only cleanse that way if they have taken Weaver GM Woven Stride which gives regen on swiftness/superspeed application which then procs Cleansing Water... which is Water GM trait.

>

> Right. Quaggan should go sleep.

Then when Quaggan wakes up, Quaggan realizes it's still in a nightmare called GW2 Balance by Karl and team.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > - Arcane Fury: This trait has been replaced by Arcane Prowess , which grants might for 8 seconds when you swap attunements.

> >

> > I mean really? WTH...... Did anyone even ask for this change? Fury is very important to me and might corrupts into weakness I'm pretty sure....

>

This is true, however the premise for needing more might is just a way to say that overall damage output is too low. Gaining a small amount of might at the cost of the main source of fury (at least in the water/arcane/weaver sword builds) means even less overall damage than before.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

Yeah, but a net positive power increase, not just trading a little focused damage increase for a little passive damage increase, then nerfs to Weaver conditions in PvP.

After dueling/watching Phantaram play Sword weaver on multiple amulets a lot, I can just say that might stacking is not coming easy, blasting ring of fire is seemingly not the way to go.

I get behind this change if they hotfix buff the might stacks

It is hard to might stack as weaver. The fury was great for fueling Renewing Stamina. I agree with Chaith, that a hotfix buff could make it a good change, but when has ANET used a hotfix in recent memory?

I do not understand these minuscule steps to help Weaver, which is objectively one of the weakest pvp professions. I believe Eles are close to balance, but need a bigger push.

I don't understand how someone is supposed to survive those confusion/torment stacks. Even few stacks hurt, at least you can, you know, notice them before you die. If you get like 30 you just die.

Other thing is that I do not really notice remarkable difference with scourges even though there does seem to be less instakills. They can still teleport on you with red circles of doom or just sit at point. I think problem is not so much condi stacks but whole rather mobile condi spammy area controller design which is difficult to deal with unless you have specific setup for it. Not to mention DS procs which proc without real DS. We'll still see them a lot in queue I guess..

Imho one bad thing with gw2 pvp is that you have very little feedback to react with before you're dead. Very good portion of the time you just guess what's gonna happen instead of reacting to something else than huge red circle. If someone's gonna cc you it's probably too late to counter once you notice it among all that trash and glitter. Some gfx are even bugged in a way that sometimes you just can't tell if it's bug or real effect etc. heh.