Mesmer, Distortion, good job anet....

Kenny.5826

**Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

God damn it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> How does this support more individual skill if it was a trait that was super hard to master.

Wow...

Well lets just count.

How many people needed to master this for the raid to avoid damage before ? Max 2

How many people need to learn the mechanics and how to avoid damage now ? Now, Max 8

> @"Kenny.5826" said:

> **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

>

> First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

>

> Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

>

> You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

>

> God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

>

I will preface this by saying yes I agree distortion share required a lot of experience, rotation and boss knowledge and skill, no question about it and I am in full agreement about that.

However, as unique and fun as inspiring distortion was it was objectively bad for the game. No other class could invuln people through mechanics that required an invuln and it was clearly causing a ton of problems for raid and fractal design where one class could simply invuln through a mechanic. Now at least it obeys a uniform rule set of blocking or unblockable for all and opens up other options for quickness.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > How does this support more individual skill if it was a trait that was super hard to master.

>

> Wow...

>

> Well lets just count.

> How many people needed to master this for the raid to avoid damage before ? Max 2

> How many people need to learn the mechanics and how to avoid damage now ? Now, Max 8

>

>

>

I don't think you understand, how the passive works, which has a double cd counter internal cd and you have to use a skill that distorts you. I fail to understand how how badly it negated raid content when druids are capable of much much more in terms of helping mitigation and defenses.

I really do not think you play any of the content you talk about.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > How does this support more individual skill if it was a trait that was super hard to master.

> >

> > Wow...

> >

> > Well lets just count.

> > How many people needed to master this for the raid to avoid damage before ? Max 2

> > How many people need to learn the mechanics and how to avoid damage now ? Now, Max 8

> >

> >

> >

>

> I don't think you understand, how the passive works, which has a double cd counter internal cd and you have to use a skill that distorts you. I fail to understand how how badly it negated raid content when druids are capable of much much more in terms of helping mitigation and defenses.

>

> I really do not think you play any of the content you talk about.

>

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > How does this support more individual skill if it was a trait that was super hard to master.

> >

> > Wow...

> >

> > Well lets just count.

> > How many people needed to master this for the raid to avoid damage before ? Max 2

> > How many people need to learn the mechanics and how to avoid damage now ? Now, Max 8

> >

> >

> >

>

> I don't think you understand, how the passive works, which has a double cd counter internal cd and you have to use a skill that distorts you. I fail to understand how how badly it negated raid content when druids are capable of much much more in terms of helping mitigation and defenses.

>

> I really do not think you play any of the content you talk about.

>

Are you serious ?

Inspiring distortion could make half a raid invulnerable to damage at small intervals. Meaning if you took 2 of them your raid could if practiced ignore some of the more prominent mechanics.

So now, even if you take two you still have to have people who are capable of doing the raid mechanics because you cannot just ignore it. That ups the individual burden from 2 people to the entirity of the raid excluding the two with the panic invuln buttons. Now 8 people need to know what to do and just assume the mesmer has their back.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Kenny.5826" said:

> > **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

> >

> > First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

> >

> > Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

> >

> > You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

> >

> > God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

> >

>

> I will preface this by saying yes I agree distortion share required a lot of experience, rotation and boss knowledge and skill, no question about it and I am in full agreement about that.

>

> However, as unique and fun as inspiring distortion was it was objectively bad for the game. No other class could invuln people through mechanics that required an invuln and it was clearly causing a ton of problems for raid and fractal design where one class could simply invuln through a mechanic. Now at least it obeys a uniform rule set of blocking or unblockable for all and opens up other options for quickness.

yeah but 5 aegis is too little when firebrand just shit out aegis like candy .you either spam it or you don't care about it anymore .

in actual raid most of time you are not going to be bothered to try hard for such little effect . it does obey uniform rule set now but its also nearly meaningless .

> @"musu.9205" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Kenny.5826" said:

> > > **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

> > >

> > > First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

> > >

> > > Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

> > >

> > > You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

> > >

> > > God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

> > >

> >

> > I will preface this by saying yes I agree distortion share required a lot of experience, rotation and boss knowledge and skill, no question about it and I am in full agreement about that.

> >

> > However, as unique and fun as inspiring distortion was it was objectively bad for the game. No other class could invuln people through mechanics that required an invuln and it was clearly causing a ton of problems for raid and fractal design where one class could simply invuln through a mechanic. Now at least it obeys a uniform rule set of blocking or unblockable for all and opens up other options for quickness.

>

> yeah but 5 aegis is too little when firebrand just kitten out aegis like candy .you either spam it or you don't care about it anymore .

> in actual raid most of time you are not going to be bothered to try hard for such little effect . it does obey uniform rule set now but its also nearly meaningless .

Maybe groups will now consider having a Minstrel Firebrand as a tank and 2nd healer since the healing got massively buffed and for the people who don't know how to dodge (which represents 80% of the raiders).

> @"musu.9205" said:

> > > **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

> > >

> > > First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

> > >

> > > Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

> > >

> > > You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

> > >

> > > God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

> > >

> >

> > I will preface this by saying yes I agree distortion share required a lot of experience, rotation and boss knowledge and skill, no question about it and I am in full agreement about that.

> >

> > However, as unique and fun as inspiring distortion was it was objectively bad for the game. No other class could invuln people through mechanics that required an invuln and it was clearly causing a ton of problems for raid and fractal design where one class could simply invuln through a mechanic. Now at least it obeys a uniform rule set of blocking or unblockable for all and opens up other options for quickness.

>

> yeah but 5 aegis is too little when firebrand just kitten out aegis like candy .you either spam it or you don't care about it anymore .

> in actual raid most of time you are not going to be bothered to try hard for such little effect . it does obey uniform rule set now but its also nearly meaningless .

I know but mesmer is still the only class that can give quickness and alacrity and the aegis will do a similar job in PvE, I don’t think it makes mesmer a bad choice only opening up other options for the role. I’m more annoyed about it in WvW as you used to be able to get clutch revives or invuln through a zerg vomiting on my friends as we try to run through a portal.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"musu.9205" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"Kenny.5826" said:

> > > > **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

> > > >

> > > > First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

> > > >

> > > > Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

> > > >

> > > > You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

> > > >

> > > > God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I will preface this by saying yes I agree distortion share required a lot of experience, rotation and boss knowledge and skill, no question about it and I am in full agreement about that.

> > >

> > > However, as unique and fun as inspiring distortion was it was objectively bad for the game. No other class could invuln people through mechanics that required an invuln and it was clearly causing a ton of problems for raid and fractal design where one class could simply invuln through a mechanic. Now at least it obeys a uniform rule set of blocking or unblockable for all and opens up other options for quickness.

> >

> > yeah but 5 aegis is too little when firebrand just kitten out aegis like candy .you either spam it or you don't care about it anymore .

> > in actual raid most of time you are not going to be bothered to try hard for such little effect . it does obey uniform rule set now but its also nearly meaningless .

>

> I know but mesmer is still the only class that can give quickness and alacrity and the aegis will do a similar job in PvE, I don’t think it makes mesmer a bad choice only opening up other options for the role. I’m more annoyed about it in WvW as you used to be able to get clutch revives or invuln through a zerg vomiting on my friends as we try to run through a portal.

or you know , a comp with firebrand + support rev with close/ higher dps than chrono + dps

and they totally buffed meta firebrand build in pvp . which doesn't make sense

it was already said in this forum times and times

once they removed things like distortion share , it will become a dps race for support build . which in itself isn't a bad thing .

but the dps number from support builds are awfully imbalanced .

all those did not solve the problem of gw2 balance for group content . they don't balance dps trait line cross all classes . the idea of soft role is still only good on paper .

its always bandaid like this and we are getting less and less useful traits while stack all those dmg mod traits as many as possible .

how is that fun ?

> @"Kenny.5826" said:

> **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

>

> First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

>

> Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

>

> You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

>

> God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

>

I see what you mean, but to be fair something as utterly broken as distortion sharing should never have been put into the game in the first place. The fact that it's lasted this long (given that it was implemented back in 2015) is mind boggling to me.

> @"Kenny.5826" said:

>

>

>

>

>

It will still fuck up dh on gorse or kc. etc

But ye i agree in fractals it oretty much deketed the difference between a great chrono and a decent one. Meh on the flip side ppl will need to be more aware now instead of just golem dps the boss.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Kenny.5826" said:

> > **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

> >

> > First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

> >

> > Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

> >

> > You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

> >

> > God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

> >

>

> It will still kitten up dh on gorse or kc. etc

> But ye i agree in fractals it oretty much deketed the difference between a great chrono and a decent one. Meh on the flip side ppl will need to be more aware now instead of just golem dps the boss.

DH activates Lithany of Wrath (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Litany_of_Wrath), bursts through gorses retaliation. DH is pretty much the only class which did give a flying f- about gorses retaliation no matter if distorted or not. How are they getting kittened up?

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It will still kitten up dh on gorse or kc. etc

> > But ye i agree in fractals it oretty much deketed the difference between a great chrono and a decent one. Meh on the flip side ppl will need to be more aware now instead of just golem dps the boss.

>

> DH activates Lithany of Wrath (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Litany_of_Wrath), bursts through gorses retaliation. DH is pretty much the only class which did give a flying f- about gorses retaliation no matter if distorted or not. How are they getting kittened up?

Oh i wasnt aware thats the part of the gorse fight the mesmers are supposed to distort.

This change is probably for the best, it gives more design space for Anet. They could never make a mechanic like VG green ever again and were required to make Deimos's nuke avoid invuln, it is far more sensible to drop the AoE invuln than keep limping on with these "fixes."

I agree it was skill and knowledge intensive but removing it opens up more room for future mechanics in raids.

> @"Coulter.2315" said:

> This change is probably for the best, it gives more design space for Anet. They could never make a mechanic like VG green ever again and were required to make Deimos's nuke avoid invuln, it is far more sensible to drop the AoE invuln than keep limping on with these "fixes."

>

> I agree it was skill and knowledge intensive but removing it opens up more room for future mechanics in raids.

Why not just make some raid mechanics go through distortion instead of getting rid of class identity.

Unless distortion is weirdly coded where it cannot be done i see no issue in doing that.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

> > > >

> > > > First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

> > > >

> > > > Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

> > > >

> > > > You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

> > > >

> > > > God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

> > > >

> > >

> > > It will still kitten up dh on gorse or kc. etc

> > > But ye i agree in fractals it oretty much deketed the difference between a great chrono and a decent one. Meh on the flip side ppl will need to be more aware now instead of just golem dps the boss.

> >

> > DH activates Lithany of Wrath (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Litany_of_Wrath), bursts through gorses retaliation. DH is pretty much the only class which did give a flying f- about gorses retaliation no matter if distorted or not. How are they getting kittened up?

>

> Oh i wasnt aware thats the part of the gorse fight the mesmers are supposed to distort.

Distorting the retaliation is the first thing you learn as mesmer/chrono for gorse, even before the stupid slams.

> @"musu.9205" said:

> > > @"musu.9205" said:

> > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > @"Kenny.5826" said:

> > > > > **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

> > > > >

> > > > > First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

> > > > >

> > > > > God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I will preface this by saying yes I agree distortion share required a lot of experience, rotation and boss knowledge and skill, no question about it and I am in full agreement about that.

> > > >

> > > > However, as unique and fun as inspiring distortion was it was objectively bad for the game. No other class could invuln people through mechanics that required an invuln and it was clearly causing a ton of problems for raid and fractal design where one class could simply invuln through a mechanic. Now at least it obeys a uniform rule set of blocking or unblockable for all and opens up other options for quickness.

> > >

> > > yeah but 5 aegis is too little when firebrand just kitten out aegis like candy .you either spam it or you don't care about it anymore .

> > > in actual raid most of time you are not going to be bothered to try hard for such little effect . it does obey uniform rule set now but its also nearly meaningless .

> >

> > I know but mesmer is still the only class that can give quickness and alacrity and the aegis will do a similar job in PvE, I don’t think it makes mesmer a bad choice only opening up other options for the role. I’m more annoyed about it in WvW as you used to be able to get clutch revives or invuln through a zerg vomiting on my friends as we try to run through a portal.

>

> or you know , a comp with firebrand + support rev with close/ higher dps than chrono + dps

>

> and they totally buffed meta firebrand build in pvp . which doesn't make sense

> it was already said in this forum times and times

> once they removed things like distortion share , it will become a dps race for support build . which in itself isn't a bad thing .

> but the dps number from support builds are awfully imbalanced .

> all those did not solve the problem of gw2 balance for group content . they don't balance dps trait line cross all classes . the idea of soft role is still only good on paper .

> its always bandaid like this and we are getting less and less useful traits while stack all those dmg mod traits as many as possible .

>

> how is that fun ?

By the same vein of thought how is it fun to have a singular class dominating the support role for 2 years? I mean ideally we'd have meaningful choices in compositions where if we bring certain classes in some roles it makes other classes better in other roles but I'm not about to jump off a bridge proclaiming the world has ended because mesmer cannot share invulnerability for 1s.

It's like all the crying in the mesmer forum that this patch was going to destroy mesmer, that the world was ending in a fiery tornado of nerfs and all was vain. What happened? Buffs all over even in weird places and a more forgivable inspiring distortion for PvE but arguably worse in PvP/WvW. You say it yourself, rev+FB is close to maybe higher DPS but no-one is quite sure, I just don't think this is that big a change outside of WvW/PvP but you're entitled to your opinions.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Kenny.5826" said:

> > > > > **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

> > > > >

> > > > > First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

> > > > >

> > > > > God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It will still kitten up dh on gorse or kc. etc

> > > > But ye i agree in fractals it oretty much deketed the difference between a great chrono and a decent one. Meh on the flip side ppl will need to be more aware now instead of just golem dps the boss.

> > >

> > > DH activates Lithany of Wrath (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Litany_of_Wrath), bursts through gorses retaliation. DH is pretty much the only class which did give a flying f- about gorses retaliation no matter if distorted or not. How are they getting kittened up?

> >

> > Oh i wasnt aware thats the part of the gorse fight the mesmers are supposed to distort.

>

> Distorting the retaliation is the first thing you learn as mesmer/chrono for gorse, even before the stupid slams.

The ppl i do gorse with or rather did would delay on cc because the dps wasnt ideal. So idk unless that distort lasted for 3 or 4 sec.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Kenny.5826" said:

> > > > > > **Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > First of all. Are you serious? You have any idea how much time chronos have put in to master their class? to be able to distort greens perfectly, distort gors slams, kc slams, xera laser, deimos slam, 99 mama/siax/last boss. 100 CM 1st boss, 2nd boss,3rd boss. Do you understand how long we took to master all those timings and you decide to remove one of the most skill defining traits in the whole game. Are you serious?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you want to know the best part? you didn't even nerf it, you actually buffed it for the majority of the players. You literally can't tell between a good chrono and a great chrono. Aegis, are you serious? vg nerf (sure whatever), gors slam you used to need to time it and now nope it lasts 5 seconds so screw it don't need random timing now. Kc slam, aegis still works perfectly fine, deimos slam aegis perfectly fine. Fracs? perfectly fine. You catching my drift?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You don't even guess that i have spent thousands of hours on my chrono and this single change single handly wasted so many hours of my life practicing distortion timings. One of the traits which defined a good chronomancer and you decide to change it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > God kitten it, I love this game, and I still love it but this has made me very angry.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It will still kitten up dh on gorse or kc. etc

> > > > > But ye i agree in fractals it oretty much deketed the difference between a great chrono and a decent one. Meh on the flip side ppl will need to be more aware now instead of just golem dps the boss.

> > > >

> > > > DH activates Lithany of Wrath (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Litany_of_Wrath), bursts through gorses retaliation. DH is pretty much the only class which did give a flying f- about gorses retaliation no matter if distorted or not. How are they getting kittened up?

> > >

> > > Oh i wasnt aware thats the part of the gorse fight the mesmers are supposed to distort.

> >

> > Distorting the retaliation is the first thing you learn as mesmer/chrono for gorse, even before the stupid slams.

>

> The ppl i do gorse with or rather did would delay on cc because the dps wasnt ideal. So idk unless that distort lasted for 3 or 4 sec.

The distort lasted 1 second so that elementalists and other damage dealers can precast giving druids and healers enough time to start their healing rotation.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > This change is probably for the best, it gives more design space for Anet. They could never make a mechanic like VG green ever again and were required to make Deimos's nuke avoid invuln, it is far more sensible to drop the AoE invuln than keep limping on with these "fixes."

> >

> > I agree it was skill and knowledge intensive but removing it opens up more room for future mechanics in raids.

>

> Why not just make some raid mechanics go through distortion instead of getting rid of class identity.

> Unless distortion is weirdly coded where it cannot be done i see no issue in doing that.

Invuln is rarer than block/dodge, so if you want to allow mechanic avoidance it is safer to keep it on invuln. With invuln being localised to just the Mesmer this still allows space for invuln to be an avoidance Anet can play with, without it over powering all the mechanics for everyone. You're essentially asking for invuln to do nothing important just so you can keep applying it to 5 people, now I think this change is bad for PvP/WvW but in PvE I think it is reasonable.

> @"Amineo.8951" said:

> Good change overall, people will have to take a support scourge now if they wanna skip mechanics like before with the barrier changes.

Necro will still be underused.

> @"Amineo.8951" said:

> > @"musu.9205" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I will preface this by saying yes I agree distortion share required a lot of experience, rotation and boss knowledge and skill, no question about it and I am in full agreement about that.

> > >

> > > However, as unique and fun as inspiring distortion was it was objectively bad for the game. No other class could invuln people through mechanics that required an invuln and it was clearly causing a ton of problems for raid and fractal design where one class could simply invuln through a mechanic. Now at least it obeys a uniform rule set of blocking or unblockable for all and opens up other options for quickness.

> >

> > yeah but 5 aegis is too little when firebrand just kitten out aegis like candy .you either spam it or you don't care about it anymore .

> > in actual raid most of time you are not going to be bothered to try hard for such little effect . it does obey uniform rule set now but its also nearly meaningless .

>

> Maybe groups will now consider having a Minstrel Firebrand as a tank and 2nd healer since the healing got massively buffed and for the people who don't know how to dodge (which represents 80% of the raiders).

They won’t

> @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > > This change is probably for the best, it gives more design space for Anet. They could never make a mechanic like VG green ever again and were required to make Deimos's nuke avoid invuln, it is far more sensible to drop the AoE invuln than keep limping on with these "fixes."

> > >

> > > I agree it was skill and knowledge intensive but removing it opens up more room for future mechanics in raids.

> >

> > Why not just make some raid mechanics go through distortion instead of getting rid of class identity.

> > Unless distortion is weirdly coded where it cannot be done i see no issue in doing that.

>

> Invuln is rarer than block/dodge, so if you want to allow mechanic avoidance it is safer to keep it on invuln. With invuln being localised to just the Mesmer this still allows space for invuln to be an avoidance Anet can play with, without it over powering all the mechanics for everyone. You're essentially asking for invuln to do nothing important just so you can keep applying it to 5 people, now I think this change is bad for PvP/WvW but in PvE I think it is reasonable.

Your arguing for invul to be useless, i simply said if its true that its to balance around raid mechanics, in said raid make it go through distortion, there are other game modes that use that skill punishing the other 2 for something as small as a raid mechanic or two can easily be isolated in raids. Please do not infer extra things that i haven;t stated.