Might Makes Right is gutted

gmmg.9210

The whole strategy, and why that grandmaster trait was effective was because of the endurance. 2 endurance for 1 stack of might is nothing. The buff to Reckless dodge doesn't counter this. Even 25 stacks of Might gives 1 measly dodge. Why not lower the healing to 100 per stack from 133 instead of instead of take away the most crucial part of this grandmaster trait?

I can understand lowering it to 3 or 4, but 2 makes the endurance gained negligible. Every balance update I cross my fingers that another pivotal feature the Warrior has won't get gutted and this is why.

Splitting it between competitive gamemodes, so in WvW it's 2-3 and in PvP it remains at 5 or goes down to 4 would've been a more fair treatment than nerfing it by 60% everywhere.

It was never that big of an issue in PvP and enabled more builds outside of the main meta, while WvW has way more might generation via foods, sigils and whatnot, breaking the trait.

> @"Rym.1469" said:

> Splitting it between competitive gamemodes, so in WvW it's 2-3 and in PvP it remains at 5 or goes down to 4 would've been a more fair treatment than nerfing it by 60% everywhere.

>

> It was never that big of an issue in PvP and enabled more builds outside of the main meta, while WvW has way more might generation via foods, sigils and whatnot, breaking the trait.

I think it is reasonable to keep it 4-5 at wvw, there are crazy red ring to dodge than in pvp, pvp should keep it at 3 on the other hand.

• 5 weeks later...

The skill is fine. In Combat it akin to a ~40 percent boost to endurance gain which can layer on top of other sources of the same. At 5 it was far too high akin to doubling endurance gain before any other bonuses. 2 endurance per might add is NOT the only number you look at. You look at how often you can add might. Focus on more might adds if you want this to work as the skill does not have an ICD. Warriors have lots of sources of might .

Other endurance sources then layer on top of this such as the endurance gain on burst any vigor sources , the stamina signet and the like. RAW adds of endurance can in many ways be superior to percent adds as they can boost endurance gain over the 10 percent per pulse limit.

If the skill had an ICD to the might adds it would warrant higher endurance gain. 4 or 5 endurance gain per might add is far too high in any mode.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> Should've put it down to 3, not 2.

3 is still akin to a 60 percent increase in endurance gain before other bonuses added along with that heal. I play a warrior using this skill at 2 and in battle am able to garner steady endurance gain from this trait. Again the focus too much on the skill in a vacuum. It akin to saying "adrenal health" useless because the heal is only some 400 health when a warrior getting hit for 2000 on a given hit. Adrenal is a go to skill because how it synergizes with other incoming heals and other warrior traits and skills.

There are a number of ways a person can add might to oneself as a warrior one of which allows this to be added at a clip of one stack per second in a high crit build. Add in foods , traits and utilities that also add might and a warrior can maintain a steady rate of incoming might stacks each of which adds 2 endurance. Thus the "25 might = one dodge" as somehow making this skill seem less than what it is is a statement devoid of context. What is important is how quickly one can add 25 might stacks in a given period of time and comparing that to regular endurance gain coupled with all of the other skills available to the profession. What is also important is what ELSE one is gaining each and every time that might applied.

I can go through the traits of each and every class and present it as if it existed in a vacuum making it seem less than what it is as far as effectiveness is concerned. Doing so would be as equally inaccurate when discussing a skills worth.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > Should've put it down to 3, not 2.

>

> 3 is still akin to a 60 percent increase in endurance gain before other bonuses added along with that heal. I play a warrior using this skill at 2 and in battle am able to garner steady endurance gain from this trait. Again the focus too much on the skill in a vacuum. It akin to saying "adrenal health" useless because the heal is only some 400 health when a warrior getting hit for 2000 on a given hit. Adrenal is a go to skill because how it synergizes with other incoming heals and other warrior traits and skills.

>

> There are a number of ways a person can add might to oneself as a warrior one of which allows this to be added at a clip of one stack per second in a high crit build. Add in foods , traits and utilities that also add might and a warrior can maintain a steady rate of incoming might stacks each of which adds 2 endurance. Thus the "25 might = one dodge" as somehow making this skill seem less than what it is is a statement devoid of context. What is important is how quickly one can add 25 might stacks in a given period of time and comparing that to regular endurance gain coupled with all of the other skills available to the profession. What is also important is what ELSE one is gaining each and every time that might applied.

>

> I can go through the traits of each and every class and present it as if it existed in a vacuum making it seem less than what it is as far as effectiveness is concerned. Doing so would be as equally inaccurate when discussing a skills worth.

>

>

My Spellbreaker build had every single way to generate might possible. At 5, it was OP and fun to use. At 2, it is horrible and does not feel impactful.

> @"CrashTheGrey.1492" said:

> Hey Arena Net, how do you put it in as 5 and all the sudden decide instead of 4, or god forbid 3, that your own design was SO off the original mark it needs to be 2?

"Err on the side of caution" in ArenaNetSpeak is to nerf to uselessness rather than to make small incremental changes.